By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are Pikmin 3 FW sales proof enough for you that the Wii U is not doomed?

TheLastStarFighter said:
It proves that Wii U will sell if it has good games. Based on the "one good game a month" release schedule from here on out, it should do well.Nintendo's already dominating with 3DS. To dominate with Wii U it will take something more, probably a unique new title, a price cut, both or more. But it should be at least a significant player.

That blow my mind, I have both, PSVITA and 3DS, I barelly touch my 3ds and play my vita like once a week, but the 3ds DESTROYS the Vita on the market.

The Vita cannot sell, nobody wants it. I will never understand why such an amazing handheld failed, never. And fail it did, hard.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Doing 100k on an install base of 1m is pretty impressive me thinks. Wii U with only 20k isn't all that great though, but I guess it's much better than before. The main problem is will it hold at 20k week by week? Unfortunately I think it'll drop again until the next release, but sales should even out higher than before after each new release.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Doing 100k on an install base of 1m is pretty impressive me thinks. Wii U with only 20k isn't all that great though, but I guess it's much better than before. The main problem is will it hold at 20k week by week? Unfortunately I think it'll drop again until the next release, but sales should even out higher than before after each new release.

Pikmin 3 to me is the proof that Nintendo is sitting pretty at a profit position this gen, as long as they deliver cool games, and that they will do. My main issue is: I think they will not "win" this gen. But, to be honest, who cares? As long as they turn a profit, this is all that matters. If I have a great girlfriend and you have on e too, I don´t give a f... if yours are hotter than mine, as long as mine is great, I am happy.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

It's always been in my 'must have' list even when it was a Wii game.

These are surprising numbers to me for this type of game on a struggling console. I honestly didnt think this game would do well untill the wii u had a bigger install base. Plus it actually moved a few consoles too so this is great for nintendo. If this game is a hit and a can sustain some momentum then the u will be in great shape going forward. Its still too early to tell but seems like maybe there are allot of people out there interested in wii u and are just waiting for a reason to buy the console. I still think if they drop wii sports u the consoles will fly off the shelves. The gamepad is very cool and once the rite software hits i think this thing is gonna be a huge hit.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Pikmin 3 to me is the proof that Nintendo is sitting pretty at a profit position this gen, as long as they deliver cool games, and that they will do. My main issue is: I think they will not "win" this gen. But, to be honest, who cares? As long as they turn a profit, this is all that matters. If I have a great girlfriend and you have on e too, I don´t give a f... if yours are hotter than mine, as long as mine is great, I am happy.

Yeah there's definitely no question of whether or not Nintendo will be profitable. Even if the Wii U were to not sell another system for all of eternity, the 3DS alone would make Nintendo plenty of dough this gen. Also, almost everyone on this forum cares lol. It's just another form of entertainment.

It gave a nice sales boost. If it holds decently for week 2 thatll be more telling. As somebody said above the Wii U is a great value for those looking to jump into the next gen. The cheaper price tag and larger library will make it more attractive going into the holidays. All Nintendo has to do is advertise the damn thing and its features and they'll kick up the sales. Lets see what happens

Games are fun.

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Herolink7 said:

Sales increase from 8k to 20k. Wooow. Maybe Wii U can hope to reach Gamecube sales after all. Good tFit has an incredibly diverse lineup going for it to keep the momentum going.

@VGKing Pikmin will definitely have legs and is fairly popular, unless you consider 500k not very popular.

Hope to acheive Gamecube sales? It'd bet it will easily surpass that ( Will probably fall between Wii and Nes sales once everything is said and done).

If I was into those long term bets, I would freaking love to bet you that it won't sell at least 62 million units...

OT. We'll see. The first week boost is rather low, but of course when software shows up, sales go up, we've seen this with the Vita. I think Wii U will fall next week and one after that, won't hold above the 20k mark.

Overall the system will be quite successful, as Nintendo has a big, devoted fanbase that will sooner, or later buy a Nintendo home console, some will buy it as a secondary console. Anyway, even if it wouldn't be profitable, 3DS will easily offset that.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Wii U not doomed? Silly you, Wii U is always doomed!

On a more serious note, at least it made somewhat of a hit to the sales and increased them. Not amazing, but it proves that releasing something can increase Wii U hardware sales.

I'll be back when I see the drop next week.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)