By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ultra Street Fighter IV Announcement Trailer (Updated)

Tagged games:

Looks pretty cool. I bought SSFIV:AE so I'll upgrade that.

Around the Network
Leadified said:
Looks pretty cool. I bought SSFIV:AE so I'll upgrade that.

Agreed. Same and same. I like fighting games and I'm a collector, so I don't mind getting this one. The improvements and bonuses look good too.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

How is it miking? This is a tourney fighter, so more content and balance changes to keep it fresh is great on Capcom's part.

Panama said:
How is it miking? This is a tourney fighter, so more content and balance changes to keep it fresh is great on Capcom's part.

Could not agree more.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Super Ultimate Street Fighter IV Gold Limited Arcade Collectors Edition

Around the Network

I imagine most fans are looking forward to an update, and I personally will be upgrading. I think that it is great that Capcom has given players the ability to upgrade their copies (outside of the original SF4), rather than forcing players to buy a new game each year. Just finished watching the Infiltration/PR Balrog Evo match, which was pretty crazy.

BasilZero said:
Nem said:
Asura is the most likely guess, but it doeent fit the mythos of SF.

Nor does this character

That character totally does. The thing about street fighter is the characters can actually pass for street fighters (more or less serious).  Fantasy characters not so much.

BasilZero said:
Nem said:

That character totally does. The thing about street fighter is the characters can actually pass for street fighters (more or less serious).  Fantasy characters not so much.

Really? Time traveling isnt fantasy o.O?

Ingrid is a powerful warrior from the future who has a strong hatred for the Satsui no Hadou, and shows signs of respect for people like Ryu and Rose. Despite her very young appearance, she is also very wise and humble like that of Ryu, calling herself the messenger from the stars, but there is also however, a dark side to her, as she also shows signs of a somewhat cold, dark and a power hungry person (most likely because of her own evil energy, but still has some degree of control). She also uses her skills of time-traveling abilities as a way to attain more knowledge of the universe.

I wouldnt be surprised if they put Asura in the game but I doubt he is the one - we'll probably get a new character or someone else just for an appearance (it would be counted as non-canon though - think of it as a reason for non-competitive people to get the DLC or the game , a nice incentive lol).

Ah, i see who she is now! Ingrid was only on capcom fighting Jam. I dont think she has been in a Street fighter game.

Her story does look a bit over the top for street fighter. I am reading she was the cretor of pandora on SF x T. I guess she is a special case. Still beeing an original character she is built into the universe of SF. Asura just doesnt make any sense. Not that i dont think it would be cool though.

I'm getting it. Like most fans of SF4, I'm looking forward to some new content. Fans have been begging Capcom for Elena, Rolento, Poison, and Hugo since the showed up in SFxT. I'll be frank. SFxT has pretty much tanked with the community for various reasons. SF4 is still the main game at EVO. It has more the most entries ever this year.

As for the fifth character, most of us think it's Haggar. Ono has already confirmed that it isn't Asura or BBA Megaman. There are multiple interviews with Capcom floating around. The character has never been "playable" in a SF game before. So that eliminates any prior characters from the series. The fact that Capcom has clarified hat they've never been playable in a SF games lends credence to it being Haggar. He's been in background of a stages in the Alpha and SFIV series but hasn't been playable.

I might buy the ultimate version because I do not own any SF4 version although I have enjoyed AE thoroughly.