By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ultra Street Fighter IV Announcement Trailer (Updated)

Tagged games:

Areym said:
I had to see it to believe it. ARE YOU SHITTING ME?

How much longer does Capcom intend to milk this game? Holy shit, this is the greatest milking of all time.

People wanted this. It's not milking. Typical haters.

@OP I will be picking this up when I can.

Around the Network
arcelonious said:
I imagine most fans are looking forward to an update, and I personally will be upgrading. I think that it is great that Capcom has given players the ability to upgrade their copies (outside of the original SF4), rather than forcing players to buy a new game each year. Just finished watching the Infiltration/PR Balrog Evo match, which was pretty crazy.

omg yessss, same with Chris G/Justin Wong SO HYPE

Why isn't it called Super Street fighter 4 Ultra Arcade Edition 2014? Ridicilous that Capcom shortens the name.. this causes confusion...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

One of the best fighting games of the last 10 years... maybe the best in PlayStation era.

I'm in for sure... I loved SFIV, get the free SSFIV and I plan to buy this new one.

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!

Well it seems like there's some healthy interest in this version. Nice! Glad to see more people plan to get it.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network
Ssenkahdavic said:
Street Fighter IV has some serious Udders.

Mooo for me Cammy. Mooo

Hands off my Cammy. Capcom is the king of milking, but yes, I do intend to get it. SFIV is wonderful.

Asura is a good guess for the 5th character but Ono said it's not possibru: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jul/14/ono-rules-out-asura-bad-box-art-mega-man-5th-street-fighter-4-character-talking-evo-players-about-game-balance/

And I'm really exited for this update. I've had every street fighter from Plain Street Fighter 4 to Super Street Fighter Arcade Edition 2012. It's the best fighting game this generation and I play it all the time still. Also there's a 2014 patch coming up that will change every character in the roster- so it'll feel like a completely new game.

Well then maybe its Ingrid. :P

People are saying Mike Haggar (AKA the man with "das pipuh") from Final Fight (and Marvel vs. Capcom). I hope it's not (fingers crossed for Violent Ken) but it seems to be the choice that makes the most sense; 3/4 of the returning characters are from one game: Rolento, Poison, Hugo are all from Final Fight .  

Ono and Peter Rosas (combofiend) have comfirmed that this character has not been in a Street Fighter game before, hence Ingrid is not likely unless they were lying or don't count the PSP version - which is completely possible. Capcom is rehashing these characters and the "new" stages from Street Fighter X Tekken; they are literally copying and pasting from there to here albeit with new animations, but not completely new. The new character is probably going to be one from a previous capcom fighting game, but that has never been in Street Fighter.

Weedlab said:

People who have SSF IV (especially the Arcade edition) already, do you intend on getting Ultra?

I will be getting Ultra to add to my other SF4 collection.

As bad as it is from all this milking, it is understandable with all the hardcore players wanting these.  Capcom can't exactly release a new SF every year, so with this update it keeps it fresh and rebalanced.

But now, note for next gen, to not buy anything from Capcom until the end of the gen and when it's dirt cheap.