By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ultra Street Fighter IV Announcement Trailer (Updated)

Tagged games:

Some new info from PSLS. I'll add to OP for new readers.

Ultra Street Fighter IV Announced for Early 2014 on PS3, Includes Five New Characters, Four Stages, Balancing

July 15, 2013 Written by Jason Dunning

Capcom has done the unthinkable as they have announced a re-release of a re-release of a re-release, destroying the spacetime continuum in the process, while also bringing us Ultra Street Fighter IV in early 2014 for the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.

If you own Super Street Fighter IV or Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, the Ultra Street Fighter IV update will be available as DLC for $14.99. For everyone else, a standalone retail version of the game will be released at $39.99, and no matter if you get it digitally or physically, Ultra includes all previous costume DLC, a $40 value.

For the Ultra content, you can expect five new characters (Rolento, Poison, Hugo, Elena, “Mysterious 5th Character), four new stages, and a whole bunch of balancing, with some examples placed below:

Chun-Li

  • HP increase to 950
  • EX Kikoken knockdown on hit
  • EX Hazanshu armor break

Balrog

  • Dirty Bull now has longer range
  • Buffalo head has reduced recovery
  • Lower charge time for higher levels of Turn Around Punch

Dudley

  • Short Swing Blow completely throw invincible
  • Increased damage on all target combos
  • Larger hitbox on attacks (e.g. Kidney Blow)

THawk

  • Crouching middle kick now special cancelable
  • Faster walk speed
  • Improvements to Ultra 2

As we get closer to that 2014 release date, expect more details for Ultra Street Fighter IV to be revealed.

What are your thoughts on Ultra? Let us know in the comments below

 

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/07/15/ultra-street-fighter-iv-announced-for-early-2014-on-ps3-includes-five-new-characters-four-stages-balancing/



 

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS


Around the Network

^ I'll get getting this on disc. I don' fancy getting games as DLC if I have a choice.



 

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS


My only complaint in the game's announcement is the release date lol.

Wish it was earlier :(



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

JWeinCom said:
Areym said:
I had to see it to believe it. ARE YOU SHITTING ME?

How much longer does Capcom intend to milk this game? Holy shit, this is the greatest milking of all time.


It's called DLC, and as far as DLC goes this is not unreasonable.  Fighting games (PSASBR, Marvel) typically sell characters at around 5 bucks a pop.  15 bucks for 5 characters, a couple of stages, costumes, etc etc is really not bad.  If they were selling this only as a stand alone pack (like they did with SSFIV and Ultimate Marvel) you might have a point, but this is fairly reasonable.  I'll be picking it up.

The DLC price is pretty good, i can admit that but they are selling the game again, rebranded Ultra. I believe this is literally the 5th time SFIV has "come out." If people have not picked up the game by now, I really doubt it will get much sales. Then again, the entire game aside from the 5 new people, stages and some modes is basically done so they are just making profit at this point. With how Capcom has handled themselves recently, I almost can't blame them for squeezing arguably their most popular franchise dry.



"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Xen said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Street Fighter IV has some serious Udders.

Mooo for me Cammy. Mooo

Hands off my Cammy. Capcom is the king of milking, but yes, I do intend to get it. SFIV is wonderful.

 

Im Ryu, you are Xen.




Around the Network
Ssenkahdavic said:
Xen said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Street Fighter IV has some serious Udders.

Mooo for me Cammy. Mooo

Hands off my Cammy. Capcom is the king of milking, but yes, I do intend to get it. SFIV is wonderful.

 

Im Ryu, you are Xen.


Then what does the comic where you're senile and can't recognize your best friend, Ken, have to do with me?



Xen said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Xen said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Street Fighter IV has some serious Udders.

Mooo for me Cammy. Mooo

Hands off my Cammy. Capcom is the king of milking, but yes, I do intend to get it. SFIV is wonderful.

 

Im Ryu, you are Xen.


Then what does the comic where you're senile and can't recognize your best friend, Ken, have to do with me?

I forgot?



So when are we having the VGChartz Street Fighter 4 tournament to celebrate?



Areym said:
JWeinCom said:
Areym said:
I had to see it to believe it. ARE YOU SHITTING ME?

How much longer does Capcom intend to milk this game? Holy shit, this is the greatest milking of all time.


It's called DLC, and as far as DLC goes this is not unreasonable.  Fighting games (PSASBR, Marvel) typically sell characters at around 5 bucks a pop.  15 bucks for 5 characters, a couple of stages, costumes, etc etc is really not bad.  If they were selling this only as a stand alone pack (like they did with SSFIV and Ultimate Marvel) you might have a point, but this is fairly reasonable.  I'll be picking it up.

The DLC price is pretty good, i can admit that but they are selling the game again, rebranded Ultra. I believe this is literally the 5th time SFIV has "come out." If people have not picked up the game by now, I really doubt it will get much sales. Then again, the entire game aside from the 5 new people, stages and some modes is basically done so they are just making profit at this point. With how Capcom has handled themselves recently, I almost can't blame them for squeezing arguably their most popular franchise dry.


Street Fighter 4 is a tournament fighter, where the fanbase generally wants updates to the game, whether its for character balance, gameplay fixes, or simply ways to keep it fresh.  The reason why it is marketed with a new moniker each time is because they want to encourage SF4 players to move to where the online and tournament community is headed (i.e., the new update).  While Capcom has done a few things that have made my head turn, as a SF fan, I appreciate their effort in supporting the entry for so long.