By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect being bundled with Xbox One isnt a problem

Really the only issue I see is a peripheral to a console that increases the cost roughly $100-150 at retail yet no gamer I know is enthused about it (they also were not enthused about Kinect on 360 or Move on PS3).

I think if Microsoft had two SKUs, one without Kinect and one bundled we could see exactly how much value the consumer placed on it. However, they have their vision of 100% of X1 owners having it so they must be convinced of its value. Only way you can sort of determine that now is how the market responds in coming years to X1 and PS4 (although obviously a litany of other factors will be at play there).

Around the Network
Nem said:
I dont see how its a good idea for me as a customer to be forced to buy something i dont want to use.

As much sense as it might make in the long term from the company's point of view, it just doesnt work from the consumer point of view.

Agreed. I don't want Kinect, not even a tiny bit of me does, forcing me to pay for it is silly.

i think kincet is for the kids. that why i will never buy an xbone

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Not only it's not really required but I expect MS to have $399 version once the Gap becomes a problem. Kinect is a vision made into a requirement which will be short term.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

no it won't cause MS is ultimately not competing against Sony and not necessarily for the gamers crowd either.... they just want to make sure they have a foot in the living room business before apple or google controls that market.... they just need a profitable device in that particular room.... they couldn't care less if they lose some hardcore gamer that are not willing to have anything else than a pure breed gaming rig...

did you guys just realize that????, the only people that support truly Xbox are gamers that want to enjoy more than just marginally graphically augmented games year after year.... but people that want something more than just gaming..... or not even that much gaming at all...

it is just becoming clear that MS Sony and Nintendo are taking 3 very different approaches and some people will not follow them in that direction.... and they know it....

the real target here is former gamers in their 30's with not that much time on their hand but still big media consumers with young kids around 3 to 6 years old.... the one with cash.... why do you think out of all the franchises they could have chosen to revive they took KI ????

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

lol have I ever "lived" with a Kinect?

No I haven't but I have played games with Kinect.

Perhaps it will turn out to be the biggest innovation since the mouse, but we are far from there yet. The Kinect that is inside the Xbone does clearly not have that potential. It's almost useless and could be described as a gimmick.

How can you justify controlling some features of your console with laggy gesture and voice controls for $100 or even $250 like analysts say?

Ok, so you hae a very limited idea of how useful the current one is.  And have never used the one on the Xbox One.

You just want to hate it because you want to hate it.  So silly and a complet waste of others time. 

Then you call people that like it corporate shills?  Really Slimbeast?  You can do better than that. (or if not, why bother.)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
Slimebeast said:

lol have I ever "lived" with a Kinect?

No I haven't but I have played games with Kinect.

Perhaps it will turn out to be the biggest innovation since the mouse, but we are far from there yet. The Kinect that is inside the Xbone does clearly not have that potential. It's almost useless and could be described as a gimmick.

How can you justify controlling some features of your console with laggy gesture and voice controls for $100 or even $250 like analysts say?

Ok, so you hae a very limited idea of how useful the current one is.  And have never used the one on the Xbox One.

You just want to hate it because you want to hate it.  So silly and a complet waste of others time. 

Then you call people that like it corporate shills?  Really Slimbeast?  You can do better than that. (or if not, why bother.)

Honestly I do not hate Kinect, and I'm not criticizing or "hating" for the sake of hating. I don't like the generic hate against Kinect.

But honestly I do not think it adds any significant value for most people. For those who enjoyt it, I am genuinly happy for them. I remember my friend being excited early on when he bought an X360 with Kinect.

Who did I call a corporate shill? You mean Carl the other day? (wait, it's in this very thread isn't it) It was just a joke, an ironic thing to write since he isn't known to be a Microsoft fan but lately he has been playing Devil's Advocate (which I think is totally cool in his case).

endimion said:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57593892-37/apple-in-talks-to-acquire-company-behind-microsofts-kinect/

just a repost of the link

That is how Kinect 1.0  captures 3D, Kinect 2.0 uses a much different and much more significant and innovative time-of-flight capture. 

I do think it is a bit funny, as they want to Sony, Apple and Nintendo before they came to Microsoft.  I think this show Apple sees the next inovation as 3D caputre.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Ppl dont realize they have phones, laptops and tablets that have a camera and a microphone which is basically always on too. I find it funny when ppl say "kinect is gonna spy on me"
Nobody cares about you, microsoft doesnt care about watching you. You are not a big famous celebrity so stop it with the lame excuses. They will always find ways to hate microsoft regardless of what they do.