By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect being bundled with Xbox One isnt a problem

lol the tin foil crowd is not gonna shut up... the NSA scandal gave them enough material for the next century to talk about....

but once again beside price and not wanting the Kinect at all even prior to testing it for some obscure reasons.... and those are solved by not buying it for obvious reason of not aligning with MS vision for the future of the XB brand

I have yet to see any valid argument against Kinect... the spying one is completely out there and retarded on all accounts... once again they would be more efficient putting a suite on your laps.... the marketing one has some ground but it will viable only for their own use and that is anything but negative, people are just jumping up and down like mad cows when they hear marketing... and well the pay per head is highly unlikely since it can be countered quiet easily...

no really... the only valid point is people saying they don't want to pay a 100 bucks more for something they don't want to use... and that's fine, but then don't ask it to change since it is clear you don't want to embrace what MS wants to do with their OWN product.... me I'm not willing to pay extra to have an apple stuck on an arguably nice aluminum box.... so I don't buy it.... I don't ask apple to do a cheap version without the pseudo enhanced design justifying the high price....

Around the Network

@ArnoldRimmer I was talking about reselling information to third parties.... but if you are talking about traking your habits to do like smart TV and offer you a tailored TV program for the night probably not

on the free XBL for data collecting I actually thought of that right after I posted... this would be a great way to market it... give free stuff in exchange of gathering marketing data even throw in a couple surveys every month and give retribution for it.... this is a great idea I would actually sign up for that in a heart beat :D free MS points (or money) to buy more games just to tell them that my girl and me like raspberry ice cream and watch a lot of shows on hulu+

I'm actually gonna suggest that one on xbox support lol :P getting paid to use the Xbox now that's some mad incentive

oh and on the patent thingy

well yeah they thought about it... but then again MS has more patent that are not used than the on actually used.... using patents as a referent of things to come in the near future is a really bad way to go at tech.... we'd be space dwellers by now if it was remotely true....

Slimebeast said:

But the expanded market is overdue. Family and casuals that the Wii recruited have long gone elsewhere. Microsoft is out of touch in their belief that these people will buy a Xbone. Kinect and motion controls was a short fad. It's over.

Are you out of touch too? You're not a corporate shill, are you Carl?

Have you ever lived with a Kinect?  It is the biggest innovation in computer-human ineraction since the mouse.  And yes, people whined about that one too.  But do you see any computers made without a mouse or touch?

Do you dislike innovation?

Personally, I am looking forward to more Star Trek computing where we say, "Hello Computer" and it talks to us and listens.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
Slimebeast said:

But the expanded market is overdue. Family and casuals that the Wii recruited have long gone elsewhere. Microsoft is out of touch in their belief that these people will buy a Xbone. Kinect and motion controls was a short fad. It's over.

Are you out of touch too? You're not a corporate shill, are you Carl?

Have you ever lived with a Kinect?  It is the biggest innovation in computer-human ineraction since the mouse.  And yes, people whined about that one too.  But do you see any computers made without a mouse or touch?

Do you dislike innovation?

Personally, I am looking forward to more Star Trek computing where we say, "Hello Computer" and it talks to us and listens.

lol have I ever "lived" with a Kinect?

No I haven't but I have played games with Kinect.

Perhaps it will turn out to be the biggest innovation since the mouse, but we are far from there yet. The Kinect that is inside the Xbone does clearly not have that potential. It's almost useless and could be described as a gimmick.

How can you justify controlling some features of your console with laggy gesture and voice controls for $100 or even $250 like analysts say?

Around the Network

I don't know cause I can go from point A to point Z without going through the entire alphabet with my voice.... I'll always value time gained while consuming entertainment.... especially when that time wasted is not really entertainment but navigation to get to it....

if I gain 30 second a day over 10 years that's 30 hours of entertainment I gained.... more than a freaking day.... so heck yeah I'm willing to pay a 100 bucks for that.....

Probably not the right forum to post this in, but I just saw this interesting rumor today:

http://news  .cnet . com/8301-13579_3-57593892-37/apple-in-talks-to-acquire-company-behind-microsofts-kinect/

Not sure what it would mean for Microsoft and Xbox One if Apple ends up purchasing the tech...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57593892-37/apple-in-talks-to-acquire-company-behind-microsofts-kinect/

just a repost of the link

anyway I believe the tech behind Kinect one and Kinect 2 are not exactly the same.... I thought MS already bought the one behind Kinect 2....

I don't think it would change much... since apple would still have to honor the contracts anyway....

I dont see how its a good idea for me as a customer to be forced to buy something i dont want to use.

As much sense as it might make in the long term from the company's point of view, it just doesnt work from the consumer point of view.