By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - About Julie Larson-Green being Dan Mattrick's Replacement

Can Julie Larson-Green turn around the company?

Yes 23 45.10%

No 28 54.90%

Total:51

"Larson-Green has been at Microsoft for 20 years and headed up design for Microsoft Office XP, 2003, and 2007, as well as Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1, amongst other projects, so she certainly brings a lot of experience to the role. Indeed, she is tipped as a future successor to Ballmer as Microsoft CEO.

Microsoft stock is reportedly up since the announcement."

By Craig Snowgamrreview.com

This is a quick topic, I notice that Microsoft been doing some re-configuration to their devisions and they announce that Julie Larson-Green will replace Dan Mattrick place. Now that their new leadership in the Xbox department, do you feel she can turn around the massive negatives on the Xbox One. 

Personally, if they announce that their will be a SKU that don't come with the kinect making it hunderd dollars cheaper (to be honest, I can see that happen sometime in the future base on the rumors which can effect sells), I can see a strong compitition between Sony and Microsoft. Already, their rumors that Microsoft are going to allow self-publishing for indies developers which is a GOOD thing and Microsoft is also working hard to fix Xbox Live prices error in diffenerent regions. Julie been with Microsoft for over twenty years invole with Windows Office 2003, 2007 and Windows 7, 8 and the upcoming 8.1. So you can't excuse her for not having any experiences, I hope she can save the Xbox brand, I want that compitition in the gaming industry because to me, it seem Nintendo just gave up. So we need someone to compete with Sony and Microsoft seem to step their game up and hopfully Julie Larson can bring her A game.

PS: I find it awesome that a woman is taking charge instead of another men trying to represent the man gamers. 

Please NO FLAME WAR OR FANBOY COMMENTS!!!!

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

I hope so. They just got really arrogant and overconfident with Xbone. They'll still do relatively well.

We'll see. She was in charge of Windows 8 and that didn't turn out very well to the public. I personally like Windows 8, but then again i'm only one person. She needs to prove herself before I could give any accurate opinion.

I don't like the fact that the Xbox division is being broken down into two divisions. Separate leaders requires constant communication, and sometimes egos flare. Should be an interesting next few years.

green_sky said:
I hope so. They just got really arrogant and overconfident with Xbone. They'll still do relatively well.

I still have my finger cross for a Kinect free SKU, I hope they'll listen that not everyone want this :o

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

I agree that a woman was the right choice. She will single-handedly salvage the Xbone with her vagina.

Good riddance to "Dan" Mattrick.

Around the Network

Cons are being removed by the week it seems.

Making X1 without kinect and at $399 would be the ultimate one-two punch (cheaper and no kinect paranoia).

This by far would be hard for MS to buckle on. But hey, since the DRM stuff is out, kinect doesn't seem all that 100% needed.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I'm decidedly indecided. On the one hand, she can't possibly screw up as badly as Mattrick did. On the other hand, she was involved with Windows 8 and a good bit of MS Word's decline.

Not sure if good thing yet.

She will have other duties besides Xbox. Who will be her new underlings?

From a business perspective, she seems like an excellent choice to run Xbox, if for no other reason than her many years of experience working in Microsoft.

From a PR perspective, its good to have a fresh face representing Xbox. Microsoft needs to get its messaging together, and get her onstage at an event like Gamescom so she can make a good first impression to the gaming community.

I believe Microsoft confirm that they'll make an appearance at the Tokyo Game Show. Not sure if they'll do a mini presentation, but they can take that chance to prove themselves.

—