By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - X-Box 360 owners, why are you switching to PS4?

definitely moving.. its all about ads and kinect these days before games even right now on the 360... load times worse than wiiU now.. PS4U all the way!..

Around the Network

This was supposed to be a valid and frankly curious thread to read. MS has messed up a lot, trust me I am a fan of a company known for fucking up a lot.
This whole Xbox has been a mini disaster saved by their recent reversal, but the hurt has been done and plenty 360 fans will pick up a PS4.
Now, can the usual posters, you know who you are, stop being so defensive. It's a fair question.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

The same reason PS2 gamers switched to the 360, third party games and more affordable pricing.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

The same reason PS2 gamers switched to the 360, third party games and more affordable pricing.

Not just people switching, but new gamers especially young teens that have parents buy them consoles will have parents go cheaper. I really do not see why this concept annoys so many it was often flaunted as a reason to go 360 years back. Hell, I bought my 360 because it was so cheap for a second console. 

Me personally I am not 'switching' per se. I am upgrading my ps3 to a ps4 at launch. I will eventually upgrade my WiiU if a good new zelda comes out. After that, since halo does nothing for me anymore, I don't know if there is any value in upgrading my X360 to an XONE.

The schitzo DRM move aside, I'm just not sure the value is there. I hate the kinect so the only thing left is MS exclusives and I've never really been a fan of MS exclusives other than halo.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

MS's attempt to Xbone me left a sour taste in my mouth so I'm going with PS4. Also PS+ is sounding great with IGC.

Plus too many of my family/friends are switching to PS as well so I don't want to be left out.

I never had any problems against Microsoft until my friend's Live account got the FIFA hack. They insisted the purchases were legitimate and wouldn't give him is $300+ back. Watching him go through that experience made me convinced that I would never trust Microsoft with my money.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

I'm owning all the consoles, but the majority of my friends are sticking with Xbox for the multiplayer games.

The topic is addressed to "360 owners" - not "360 owners who are switiching to PS4".

Hence the reason for the reply. If this thread was intended to target only 360 owners who are switching to PS4 - it should be titled "360 owners who are switching to PS4 - Why are you switching" - or somesuch. But as it stands - it says "360 owners - Why are you switching to PS4?".

Any 360 owner - who doesn't plan on switching to PS4 has quite valid reasons to reply to this thread, due to the way it's worded.

360 Owners - (that's me!) - Why do you plan on switching to PS4 (I'm not!).

And there it is.

Why do I not plan on switching to PS4? Maybe I will at some stage - but on the strength of the launch lineups - I'll be getting an XboxOne first. To me Forza 5 > DriveClub, DR3>Infamous SS, TitanFall>KZ SF.

I also find the XBL ecosystem/stability/feature set and integration better than PSN , ditto for the customer service/local services (I'm Australian) - and find myself and my family actually use the video/music apps - and even a bit of kinect games for the son, and voice control for said video/music apps - and will also like to have a simplified skype box to keep touch with friends and relatives.

My Five Cents worth.

I see no compelling reason to buy either the xbox or ps4.