By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - X-Box 360 owners, why are you switching to PS4?

EpicRandy said:
Same reason why they had switch from ps2 to 360 I suppose.

This

Around the Network

The only reason why X360 was even in the race was because of North America. The irony of people signaling out Japan as a factor and ignoring NA for X360 is pathetic. On a world wide level, PS3 sold more. People will have to deal with it.

Nem said:

To be honest i had pretty much decided before the Xbox one had been announced.

Main reason is simple: They proved to me that once they got me as a costumer they dont care about me anymore. The first 2 years saw the release of many exclusive hardcore titles. I got my 360 for that and the lower price.
After those 2 years, exclusives stoped aside the microsoft pet series (halo/forza/fable/gears). I saw some of those old exclusives go to PS3 with expanded content, and i saw interesting exclusive after interesting exclusive on the PS3 as sony kept "feeding" their hardcore gamers with great games. Not to mention that Microsoft then proceeded to waste resources on pleasing casual gamers with the kinect.

In short: I lost all trust on Microsoft. The Xbox one reveal just further justified the situation. They are a greedy and arrogant company that doesnt care to please their customers, but to fool them out of their money. Sadly for them im smarter than that and wont fall on the same trap again.

As such, im through with microsoft and the Xbox. Microsoft cant be trusted. Even if they have some interesting games now, theres no garantee they wont pull the same stunt they did with the 360. They have alot to prove to regain the consumer trust.

Also, i was so displeased i got me a PS3 aswell cause it was making me sick to play on the Xbox360 after that Xboxone unveil. I got over it, but i only buy new games for the PS3 now.

I can't believe someone wrote my response word for word. Thank you good sir :)

Wright said:

The amount of hate in this thread is palpable.

Unrelated: What does the guy in your sig actually say? :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Wright said:

The amount of hate in this thread is palpable.

Unrelated: What does the guy in your sig actually say? :P

PEGGLE TWO! xD

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Captain_Tom said:

Because he has no come back to that, and it kills his entire argument.

Please do not speak for me. Europe is different from japan since it was a real battleground for many potential customers, where rband loyalty played a much smaller part then in Japan.

"PS3 outsold the 360 by a significant margin is indisputable."

So 300k is a significant margin. lol k

Yes Europeans culturally like competitive shooters as much as Americans, which is why you see a lot of support coming their way. In Japan it is not exactly so. If the Japanese were hell bent on shooters like western civilization you would see a lot of the differentiating between the Playstation and Xbox product. 

That sales chart is misleading since it doesn't include pickup trucks and SUV's which still make up a large part of vehicle sales in the US.  When it comes to pickup truck sales I'm sure that at least two of the big three are ahead of Toyota in sales.

Seece said:
hasonap said:

3 things is keeping me from buying a X1(I preordered a PS4 today)
1. Price! Price! Price!
2. Kinect integration is so gimmicky right now that I can't take it anymore, besides my room is small
3. Absolutely no deals to a swede, we have Viaplay(a service for one of the bigger tv channels in sweden) other than that I don't see how NFL is going to appeal to Swede or european for that matter

Edit: Damn I almost forgot - performance wise it disappointed me, I was wishing that X1 would have the better graphics but nope

Quite frankly they should be launching in Europe much cheaper than the US (comparitively) as we get hardly any of the entertainment features. That and it's an uphill struggle for them anyway, I don't know how they expect to compete there.

The UK price is just bitter and stupid though, the only european country to really embrace the 360 and they do this. I understand if they can't afford to drop the price WW but they should do it in the UK at least because this is the place they stand to lose the most userbase which can be rectified by a price cut.

The swedish price is 680 freaking american dollars which in comparison with ps4 is half a game and a new controller more in pure money! I really don't know how anyone here in europe would buy something that is actually A LOT more expensive and is lacking a lot of it's main features as you said.

Being an owner of almost every game system that has graced the US shores(and most computers and PC for that matter), i can say that i haven't decided yet. I highly doubt that i would only buy a PS4 at or near launch like i did the PS3(ended up being a great Bluray player though). My son gets a lot of use from the PS3 for a few titles, but spends a huge amount of time on the 360 doing MP games. I can't see a reason to "switch". I will get the XBone for sure and maybe the PS4 if the content is released that demands it.

People need to remember, this will be Sony's first console since the PS1(even that had the CD rom drive VS the cartridges) that didn't have a system selling gimmick. The PS2 had a built in DVD player - which was a BIG deal at the time as it made the system a multi use tool at the early adoption phase of the DVD era. The PS3 had Bluray, with the same reasons as DVD, but not as big of impact due to the changing tides of disc ownership to digital content and on demand availability. Sure, all of the "core gamers" will buy the PS4, but the other people have no reason.

That is why the XBone is so focused on being "different". Like many have said, M$ assumed that most gamers will be interested and they have been focusing on the "gimmick" to make their system the next big thing for the non gamers.

Who knows if this will work, but it is quite obvious that a lot of the core gamers will buy the PS4 to prove the point that they feel they "only want a game system for the GAMES!". I get it, but we will see if Sony sticks to its guns and has complete control over all the Indie guys and the 3rd party people with the no DRM mantra.

This same thing happened a few years ago in the PC games. Eventually the software developers just put a label on their box that said "Online connectivity required". And there it was, DRM. A few people complained, but most came to the obvious conclusion, don't buy it if you don't have good internet or don't want to be online.

Sony and M$ will both have DRM during the PS4/XBone generation. They will just say that they didn't require it, but that the Developer did.

Coz I've always dreamed of becoming a proud Sony Fanboy and be part of the superior community of the best gamers, with the better exclusives, the company who cares about us gamers, the great and unhackable PSN with free AAA titles every month, the super cheap but super powerful console.

Ah thank God I've just realized it was just a dream.