By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic will be a system seller?

Tagged games:

Yes or no?

yes 70 52.63%

no 63 47.37%

Total:133

It doesn't have to, there are enough high caliber games coming around its launch that it just adds to the reasons why one would pick up a WiiU. Its not a starter, but its a great bench player. Its supposed to be releasing in October if I recall, meaning it'll have help from Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 still, as well as Arkham Origins and Splinter Cell. It'll be a good second half for the Wii U with titles like these all being available so close together.

Games are fun.

Around the Network
itsyounghavok said:
It doesn't have to, there are enough high caliber games coming around its launch that it just adds to the reasons why one would pick up a WiiU. Its not a starter, but its a great bench player. Its supposed to be releasing in October if I recall, meaning it'll have help from Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 still, as well as Arkham Origins and Splinter Cell. It'll be a good second half for the Wii U with titles like these all being available so close together.

Splinterell and Batman definitely will do nthing for Wii U. Sonic will help more.

Click HERE and be happy 

Why has every game to be a system seller. Important is that Wii U grows a library worth considering a purchase. And Sonic helps it. Like every game.

yes it will be "a" system seller.

Th3PANO said:
Why has every game to be a system seller. Important is that Wii U grows a library worth considering a purchase. And Sonic helps it. Like every game.

say it for Game & Wario

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

I think it could. Platformers and Nintendo always go together well

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

zippy said:
sth88 said:
I'm a HUGE Sonic fan, but even I have to admit that he doesn't move hardware anymore. He's doing much better now than he was 5 years ago, and I'm always excited to hear about new Sonic news, even when it's on a platform I don't own (like Lost World on the Wii U), but the mass market doesn't flock to him anymore, and if they ever do again it probably won't be anytime soon, if for no other reason than that platformers as a whole aren't system sellers anymore. The only one who still comes close is Mario, and even his power has weakened; NSMBU is considered a fine 2D Mario platformer, and yet the Wii U has stagnated ever since the initial launch rush ended.

If the new sonic turns out to be the best yet, would that tempt you to get a Wii U?

Yes, if Lost World (or some other Wii U-exclusive core Sonic platformer) turned out to be that good I would very seriously consider a Wii U purchase, but I wouldn't pick it up for a few years until I could get the console at a cheap price (probably $200 or less).  Same goes with the PS4 and any exclusives I might be interested on that platform.  Picking up the Xbox One sometime next year is my first priority, as that is where I expect I will play most of the games I want to play over the course of the next generation (and I fully expect to see some Sonic games for the X1 in the future).

EricFabian said:
Th3PANO said:

say it for Game & Wario

Different people are interested in different games....

Probably not. Not because of the game in itself, but because it will be overshadowed by the Mario, DK and the likes. The Olympics game might move some units though...

I suppose it's worth asking at this point; how many console sales does a game need to be responsible for to qualify as a "system seller?"