By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic will be a system seller?

Tagged games:

Yes or no?

yes 70 52.63%

no 63 47.37%

Total:133
EricFabian said:
MTZehvor said:

Pfft.

Sonic a system seller.

In all seriousness, a big no. The best selling Sonic titles are the Olympic Games ones with Mario, and excluding those the best selling recent Sonic title managed just over two and a half million units. Lost World will help move units, certainly, but it won't turn the Wii U from failing into a success.

It probably doesn't help that Lost World looks very similar to the recent 3D Mario titles.

for me, that is the reason of its [modest] sucess.

I agree, that certainly helps Sonic sell as a game. The issue is that it won't convince many other people to buy a Wii U. If Mario and Sonic are such similar games, the people who are likely to buy a Sonic game are those who are likely to already buy/have bought the Wii U to play Mario. In other words, it doesn't reach out to a different crowd. Helps the individual game sales, but not that of the console it's on.

Around the Network

Not alone but with the combination of other titles yes. I wouldnt say Pikmin, Wind Waker, Fit U, Party U, W101, DKC, 3D World, Sonic are system sellers on there own but when u put all of those together in a few months span then yes they will push alot of consoles.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Not alone but with the combination of other titles yes. I wouldnt say Pikmin, Wind Waker, Fit U, Party U, W101, DKC, 3D World, Sonic are system sellers on there own but when u put all of those together in a few months span then yes they will push alot of consoles.

Definitely. Sonic's efforts, combined with those of other games, will definitely cause a rise in Wii U sales (if they don't, then I might even jump on the "Wii U is doomed" bandwagon). I just don't think that a Sonic game, were it hypothetically on its own, could sell systems by itself.

No.

It looks better than that 3D world though. I will be purchasing it.

Around 50K or so. No more than that. However, every new game counts at this point.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
Around 50K or so. No more than that. However, every new game counts at this point.

lol 50k for Sonic or for the system?

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
WagnerPaiva said:

lol 50k for Sonic or for the system?

System sales caused by Sonic. The game will probably do around 300k-500k .

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Mensrea said:
It looks better than that 3D world though. I will be purchasing it.

Agreed. it's bizarre that we live in a world where the next 3D Sonic game looks better than the next 3D Mario game.

Lol no, it will never be

No, as I really don't believe many people buy consoles solely for one game. Just look at NSMBU. Even a big multi-million selling franchise like that can't sell very many systems on it's own. I believe it's the combination of great games that move consoles, hence it'll be Sonic: LW + other games that sell Wii Us.