By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The F-word and Censorship

for you...

Freedom! I should have th... 15 71.43%

No, it should be censored... 3 14.29%

Results 3 14.29%

Total:21

So, once again, the fascist hammer of censorship for the same excuse although my points were valid and proven further by a flow of the kind of topics I was pointing out and support messages.

The word I'm refering too is : "f%nb%y"

For me it tends to design someone as a fan or supporter, but with unreasonnable, if not completely false or desillusional arguments to defend the thing they support.
They exist by tons, they pollute our forums, blogs and minds, and for me they're the reason of the ruin, scam or falling brand or company.

That's why I think that it's completely okay, to use this word, as it is possible on any forum, site or blog outside of VGChartz, if that's used as discrediting argument without background, explanation or argumentation.

What do you think ?

Around the Network

i think this thread will be locked

What are you saying? You can use the term "Fanboy" whenever you want.

Sure, you might get banned. But that's what living on the edge is all about.

I don't no why fuckinbeachpony is censored

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

You aren't allowed to insult other members on these forums, and we've deemed fanboy an insult so you aren't allowed to direct it at people here. Personally I think it's fine because I've never seen someone insult someone else in a thread and though "wow that was a really coherent and well thought out point". Never seen it actually add to the discussion.

So there you go, the word itself is not banned, but you can't direct it towards other users just like I can say idiot but I'm not allowed to describe another user as an idiot.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

Not surprised.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

blublibla said:

So, once again, the fascist hammer of censorship for the same excuse although my points were valid and proven further by a flow of the kind of topics I was pointing out and support messages.

The word I'm refering too is : "f%nb%y"

For me it tends to design someone as a fan or supporter, but with unreasonnable, if not completely false or desillusional arguments to defend the thing they support.
They exist by tons, they pollute our forums, blogs and minds, and for me they're the reason of the ruin, scam or falling brand or company.

That's why I think that it's completely okay, to use this word, as it is possible on any forum, site or blog outside of VGChartz, if that's used as discrediting argument without background, explanation or argumentation.

What do you think ?

Oh, please.. as if calling somebody a "fanboy" in some way makes things better. There will always be ridiculous people without any inhibition to post their views here.

Engaging in a name calling match with them is pointless and will only sour the mood on the forums.

AZWification said:
bananaking21 said:

Not surprised.

by me? or by it being inevitably locked?

AZWification said:
bananaking21 said:

Not surprised.

Lol this is becoming a trending topic

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Then, in before lock :

We can agree that describing a group of person/consumer/supporter of a platform, or brand as "fanboy" according to certain traits of attitudes and argumentation, is viable.

It's just sensitive to specifically call a person "fanboy", even though for me it's a legitimate way of describing the traits or foundation of what makes an argument biased or wrong.