By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW UP! ALL SW UP! 29nd June 2013

So not a bad week allround. Nice for a change!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Another week not dominated by shooters makes me happy :D Maybe one day third parties will get the memo.

and no one is talking about the Deadpool flop

Weak opening for both Deadpool and Muramasa unfortunately, but well Deadpool got panned by critiques so maybe it was destined to fail, anyway generational fatigue definitely shows.

I wonder, if considering the insanely strong 2013 game lineup, will PS3 stay above 100k weekly this whole year?
I remember last year Turkish made a "prediction" that PS3 & 3DS will stay above 100k whole year, but that wasn't very bold, but even though PS3 got as low as around 110k and slightly lower. 5 slow weeks upon us, I hope it will manage.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Finally! This was super duper late.

So, on the hardware side, at least Wii-U climbed to be above Wii; and Vita actually posting some fairly 'alright' numbers this week, even if it is solely because of Japan.

But I have a large number of issues with the software numbers this week. My biggest recurring problem is the Jak Collection. I just don't understand where these sales have suddenly come from. Maybe, yes - a couple of weeks ago, some USA retailers discounted the game and it started selling better, so it showed up here. But what else happened a couple of weeks ago? The Vita version released. The version we don't have a single sale of in the database. So yeah...

Also, poor opening for Muramasa. We guessed that it was overtracked in NA in the pre-orders charts, but still. I suspect this number might have something to do with shipping issues though. The game didn't release on the day it was supposed to, according to a number of posts I've read on both reddit & neogaf, but shipped 1-2 days late. Could that be why there was some trouble with the tracking? Seems likely.

Game & Wario I know nothing about though. Has it literally just sold that badly? Seem unlikely, but I guess we'll see in a few day's time when we get June's NPD. Which will also tell us how the tracking has been for both Animal Crossing & The Last of Us in the USA.

Grats to Animal Crossing for grabbing the top spot though!

Around the Network
EricFabian said:

why you think PxZ is overtracked? 3DS had a nice boost in last weeks, so it is not strange that a new game sell more

90% of niche Japanese games go hugely overtracked in North America.

Tick tock Nintendo Wii...

Ouch, Project X Zone bombed. Lol at those who thought that it would do better than PSASBR because of the cast.

NintendoPie said:
3DS leading in every country except Europe... *shakes fist at Europe.*

Europe isn't a country

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Last of Us still doing well, but PS3 legs in NA appear to be a little wobbly.