NO ADJUSTMENTS THIS WEEK

NEW PS3 MILLION SELLERS CLUB

177. Sonic Generations

GT5: 10,592 units

Around the Network
ghettoglamour said:
zumnupy10 said:
TrevDaRev said:
Assassins Creed III passes 5 million units on PS3! 18th title to do so.

Sonic Generations becomes the 177th PS3 million seller.

Undeserved.

The American flag on the box art is worth 2 million sales at least.

I imagine this was a selling point in the US.

JWeinCom said:

*sigh*  To put things in perspective, Nintendo required Fire Emblem Awakening to sell 250K to continue the series.  So we can safely assume, since Nintendo enjoys making money, that 250K is well above the break even point for Fire Emblem Awakening.  It seems reasonable to assume that Project X Zone had a similar budget as they share a similar style of gameplay and a similar visual style.  Considering Fire Emblem had a bit more marketing, a smattering of cutscenes, multiplayer mode, etc etc, its budget was likely higher than X Zone.  So, it seems reasonable that 250K would be enough to ensure that Project X Zone was a worthwhile title.

If our figures are accurate, with the US release, X Zone has sold about 210,000 copies overall.  If 250K is the point where the game becomes worthwhile, then we're about 40K away from that point without any European sales, without online sales, and with only a week of sales from the US.

So that seems to me a fairly good rationale to conclude the game has not bombed and is on its way to making a decent profit for its company assuming it hasn't yet.  Now, do you have any rational thought process behind your opinion that the game was a flop besides arbitrarily deciding that the 50k is a low number and a group of imaginary people who said this would outsell PS All Stars?  Because, if not, you're just trolling.

Interesting week... Sony can boost PSV in Japan, now it must devise a way to do the same elsewhere.
... And WiiU beats Wii by more than 700 units! W00t! W00t!! W00t!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Sonic Generations deserves it...and some say Sonic games only do well on Ninty consoles, no good Sonic games will sell period. Hell even the crap ones sell sometimes.

Around the Network

What's so great about the Last of US sales? If anything, this is why many devs could careless about new ips. Its selling no better than what many established ips could do. Ofcourse the juggernaut franchises are laughing at these sales might I add.

pezus said:
phenom08 said:
What's so great about the Last of US sales? If anything, this is why many devs could careless about new ips. Its selling no better than what many established ips could do. 

Oh, really. That's a surprise. Did you expect it to outsell all established IPs out there? 
Point me towards a new IP in the last 5 years that has sold as well as TLoU. I'm sure you could find some, but it will be hard to list more than a handful.

ignore him, haters will hate. Probably made cause a certain new IP on a certain new system might not have done as hot as he hoped

phenom08 said:
What's so great about the Last of US sales? If anything, this is why many devs could careless about new ips. Its selling no better than what many established ips could do. Ofcourse the juggernaut franchises are laughing at these sales might I add.

Youre talking bullshit. Likely doing it to get a reaction. Ill bite

All numbers using VGChartz -

In 3 Weeks, The Last of Us has sold 2.15 Million units at retail. New IP. Exclusive.

In 17 Weeks, Tomb Raider has sold 2.3 Million units at retail. Established franchise. Multiplat.

In 14 Weeks, Bioshock Infinite has sold 2.1 Million units at retail. Established franchise. Multiplat.

In 21 Weeks, Dead Space 3 has sold 1.25 Million units at retail. Established franchise. Multiplat.

In 16 Weeks, God of War Ascension has sold 1.2 Million units at retail. Established franchise. Exclusive.

In 15 Weeks, Gears of War Judgment has sold 1.2 Million units at retail. Established franchise. Exclusive.

In 19 Weeks, Metal Gear Rising has sold 1.2 Million units at retail. Established franchise. Multiplat.

In 19 Weeks, Crysis 3 has sold 1.15 Million units at retail. Established franchise. Multiplat.

In 15 Weeks, Luigi's Mansion 2 has sold 2.15 Million units at retail. Established franchise. Exclusive.

After 4 Weeks, during the Holidays, Uncharted 3 had sold 2.11 Million units at retail. Established franchise. Exclusive.

Right. I think that clears that up.

pezus said:
I know phenom's check-mate move .

TLoU selling faster than Uncharted 3 should be way more than enough to be able to call the sales great. I see it selling 6m, maybe even more eventually. That is simply phenomenal for a new IP on a single console, especially so late in the generation.

Not to mention, Uncharted 3 launching during the Holidays just after a pricecut while The Last of Us launched in the Summer of 2013.

But well, phenom08 will be phenom08.