By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is this the reason why kinect is mandatory ?

NinjaHanzo said:
endimion said:
@NinjaHanzo

MS is not my favorite company it is only the company providing me with the most convenient experience for my personal needs and tastes at a price I'm willing to pay..... Sony on the other hand is on my all time black list since the late 90s on principles and because I always found a better quality/price ratio and convenience with other manufacturer but that's an other debate....

Yeah, you almost convince me.

Until i read again this awesome sentence:

I love Kinect.... probably the best natural filter MS could have found.... all the narrow minded and conspiracy theorist will be purged from the XBL user base....

Then i just remember you're just a fanboy giving some hilarious and lame excuses.

So ok, whatever... enjoy your "innovation" (LOL)

What makes people think that every person that would buy a XBone is seeking to utilize the Kinect sensor all the time?  Just like the PSeye, the Kinect is adding capabilities, NOT requirements.  If you don't want to use the sensor then ignore it.  What M$ was trying to do was make an evolutionary product that has the capability to be a stand alone game system, or a stand alone skype interface or a stand alone cable box or a stand alone whatever.  THeir mistake was thinking that the people who read the early press and or even care before it is launched would want anythiing other than a simple game system.  What I find the most interesting is that in every interview that i have seen or read, the Sony brass says that their system "does that too" when asked about almost every feature that M$ is pushing.  Sony outsmarted M$ by having a reveal that said almost nothing and then making M$ think that they needed to show up the PS4 and announce something special.  M$ fell right into it and did what many bits of information said that Sony had planned on doing up to a week or 2 before E3.  M$ announced DRM and their higher $ of $500.  Sony stood back and waited a few short weeks for M$ to commit and then they could do whatever the media and game enthusiasts were asking for.  Sony made all the right moves if you want to pander to the community that this site was built for.  But, we will wait and see what the average non-gamer will do.  I will probably get both systems like i have for the last few generations, but i will wait to see how things are selling 8-12 months after launch vs the obvious sell out that will happen at launch for all systems.

Around the Network

@NinjaHanzo
it's working though.... the XBL fee already filtered a lot of the annoying teen in MP... and this will make the community more in line with my conception of gaming... which is accessible fun for everyone in the widest form possible.... which PC doesn't provide completely and console ancestral format is getting old and wearing off...
the pseudo hardcore gamer crowd is giving a bad name to the hobby and a lame image to the community....

but yeah sure I'm a fanman and I have no clue about innovation.... cause true Kinect is just old tech with no purpose and has been implemented for a quarter century.... we all know that....

and what excuses did I give ??? I just said you are narrow minded and short sighted and you keep proving it with every post.... since there is absolutely no argument that the Kinect tech is an innovation and Kinect 2 an improvement upon it, whether you like it or not and whether you want to use it or find a use for it or not (pretty irrelevant in the argument actualy, personal opinion has nothing to do with hard facts in that case but keep it coming it's fun to read).... but yeah you are the man, you're probably omniscient too, I'll call you lil' Buddha from now on....

and Milo was a tool to get info about you in a deeper level... they ditch it because it would get really weird info that would need a army of shrinks to decrypt, because Azure (the cloud) is very weak for this kind of thing...

on a more serious note... this is possible for tailored ads, but i think they would never share the info with 3rd parties (i am having so much faith in MS, witch isn't normal by my standards)

@people claiming this would be the same as gmail and google search -> this goes even further than gmail and google search because gmail doesn't really know who you are if you don't want to, and google search can be done with no sign in of any kind

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

DJEVOLVE said:
sales2099 said:
God forbid you will actually use it for the convienence.

Voice search marketplace, skype with ppl, headset free voice commands in gaming.

I mean cmon, some gamers mindsets...... Like a bunch of seniors that refuse to embrace modern conveniences.

Yea there is no other product that would do it better. What a min. My phone has all that and is online, listening all the time. Phones are way better because it tracks where you go and your parterns.

The idea is to use your Xbox and just your Xbox....

Mandatory kinect fixes the user base split that 360 kinect users had. Now all developers can program for it knowing everybody has one.And on top of that it is nice to use to voice navigate the marketplace and the like.

lol some people, so dead set in their ways. I had no idea how similar gamers are to seniors.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

NinjaHanzo said:
sales2099 said:
God forbid you will actually use it for the convienence.

Voice search marketplace, skype with ppl, headset free voice commands in gaming.

I mean cmon, some gamers mindsets...... Like a bunch of seniors that refuse to embrace modern conveniences.

Skype with ppl: What i have been doing centuries with a normal mic or webcam.

Headset free voice commands in gaming: Who dosn't prefer a nice quality headset?

Wow, such a revolution!!! Total innovation which is totally deserved of 100$!! /sarcasm

Except now you can do it from your console in between gaming sessions. Convienence. Dedicated headsets are niche.......most gamers use the cheap bundled headset....if a console even comes with one.Nothing wrong with wireless communication in-game, WHILE using a controller.

Going downstairs, make my breakfast, voice-turn on my Xbox and play my favourite music, without being in the room, sitting down, or picking up a controller. For $100, you buy a little slice of a ultra modern lifestyle. And to me, its the little convienences like that which make X1 superior.

PS4 just plays it safe. Like dead safe. Just a PS3 with better graphics. Pleasing the gamers whom are dead afraid of change.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
J_Allard said:

Per usual you're getting worked up and defensive over nothing.

The only thing that pic was "proof" of is that anyone can take something from a company and make a tin foil hat conspiracy thread about it. Thanks for confirming my pic was as valid as the OP in this thread.

Well you certainly proved it.

@sales2099

quote: lol some people, so dead set in their ways. I had no idea how similar gamers are to seniors.

quote: Pleasing the gamers whom are dead afraid of change.

yeap pretty much the vibe I get from the community lately.... with that mentality we'd still be using VHS, tapes, and high density floppy disk....

The kinect is going to be an advertising goldmine. It's going to give them the ability to monetize living room conversations.

Not to mention the government is going to tap into that data.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

VGKing said:
J_Allard said:

The only thing that pic was "proof" of is that anyone can take something from a company and make a tin foil hat conspiracy thread about it. Thanks for confirming my pic was as valid as the OP in this thread.

I know right? I didn't have to type a single thing or make a thread, just post the pic, and someone responded.

J_Allard said:
VGKing said:
J_Allard said:

I know right? I didn't have to type a single thing or make a thread, just post the pic, and someone responded.

Uh..yeah. Why would you post a pic if you weren't trying to say or make some sort of point? 
People aren't stupid, they can see what you're trying to say with that picture. Maybe if you did provide some sort of context in the form of actual words, I wouldn't have replied to you. These are forums, they are for words. This isn't instagram. Well even on Instagram people write a short explanation of their pics.