By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Get a $30 credit for buying Fire Emblem and SMT IV......(NoA only)

Get a $30 credit for buying Fire Emblem and SMT IV

If you caught Atlus’s Shin Megami Tensei IV unboxing — yes, publishers are posting unboxing videos of their own games now — you heard the company stress that you should register the Club Nintendo code included with each copy. Now we know why!

The full details aren’t out for this deal, but it looks like you will be able to score $30 worth of eShop credit if you register both Fire Emblem: Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei IV (this photo doesn’t specify that you need to buy both, but that’s what makes the most sense) with North America’s Club Nintendo. Presumably this works with both digital and physical copies, considering the shots of the retail boxes. Also, I’m guessing you’ll be eligible even if you previously registered a copy of Awakening.

The deal already makes sense because RPG fans will probably end up owning both of these anyway if they have a 3DS. And it helps to ease the pain of SMT IV costing $50 for its box set. Annnddd there’s that whole Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem project for Wii U thing — that probably helped prod Nintendo into this unconventional promotion. 

Around the Network

So basically, I can buy SMT4 for $10? Works for me!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:

The game is $50.

Soriku said:

Was about to post this.

Too bad I'm not getting FE soon.

People are saying they are doing this for Fire Emblem x SMT IV for wii u as a promotion? Makes sense as both games are fantsstic

By 8/31?

Argh, wonder if SMTIV will drop to $40 by then. I really don't want to spend $10 on extra stuff.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

I need to register Fire Emblem and then wait for SMT pre order to arrive.

What to do with 30 though? How much is Ace Attorney 5?

TheKoreanGuy said:
famousringo said:

The game is $50.

Eeeeven if I buy from the eShop?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
famousringo said:

The game is $50.

Eeeeven if I buy from the eShop?

Last time I checked, yes. Which is lame. :P

Too bad I don't like strategy games

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

I already bought and registered Fire Emblem, so this should work as well right?

Nintendo and PC gamer