By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This Holiday is critical for the Wii Us future

Will you support these games on Wii U?

yes, I'd like to see mor... 119 65.75%

no, I don't like Nintendo 24 13.26%

See Results 38 20.99%

Total:181

"I personally, decided to buy Watch Dogs, Batman Arkham Origins, Assassins Creed 4, Splinter Cell, Rayman Legends and others on my Wii U....." MohammadBadir 4 hours ago

I will purchase the same 3rd party games as they come out for the Wii U

I have already purchased many of the 3rd party games at retail plus 1 digital download of a full retail game (purchased several more wii u shop only download games too)

I had hoped to see Resident Evil Revelations and Injustice Gods Among Us (I purchased both) do much better on Wii U than they did as they were released the same time on equal or better footing as their PS3/360 counterparts - but both have had very poor Wi U sales there is really little excuse for those low numbers - I really think many of the Wii U s counted as sold have either never been plugged in (people trying to flip them at launch but not able to do so) and/or people who used them initially but packed them away shortly after while they wait on games- Personally my Son and I have been playing more Wii games than Wii U games since the Wii U release

Around the Network

Im sure I will pick up a few third party games this year. Already bought several titles to support the cause. Just doing my bit.

I meant to add to my previous post that although I have supported the Wii U by purchasing a relatively high number of 1st and 3rd party games for it- I have slowed my purchases because Nintendo seems to be less confident in their own console than many of its supporters (including console owners and 3rd party developers like Ubisoft- If Nintendo was confident in the Wii U they would have stepped up and subsidized via min sales guarantees some of the key games that have bypassed it since launch-

I understand they can t "buy" every 3rd party game that has bypassed the Wii U but they could have picked a few key titles to show THEY had confidence in their console, to reward the current console owners for their commitment to the wii U to date and possibly entice a few others to move forward w a purchase. Instead Nintendo has done the bare minimum to get by - they have shown virtually no confidence in their own darn product and invested little in terms of marketing and defensive subsidations of 3rd party games

Not just the WiiU, it's critical for all 8th gen to be honest.

After having nothing for holiday 2012 (Paper Mario...), 3DS has Pokemon, ALBW, Mario Party 3DS. If this won't dramatically surge sales in the West nothing will. Sales in Japan are also slowing and it will be interesting to see if the PSP Monster Hunter base will transition.

As for Vita, they finally have a decent shooter and with PS4 on the horizon, it will be interesting to see if the PS4 remote play actually gets people to buy a Vita. I honestly think that from on, Sony will push the system as more a PS4 gamepad and see how that works. 

As for the other 2 console launches, we're going to be seeing supply issues, GTA5 not being released on the systems, and a crapton of cross-gen games. The weeks after launch will be interesting.

As for the WiiU, we have yet to see actual compelling software for the system since NSMBU and Nintendoland. Nintendo really has to hit the holidays hard this year. I suspect they will get rid of Nintendo Land as a pack-in and get the deluxe out at the $299 price, and observe.

The holidays this year are going to be awesome.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:

After having nothing for holiday 2012 (Paper Mario...), 3DS has Pokemon, ALBW, Mario Party 3DS. If this won't dramatically surge sales in the West nothing will. Sales in Japan are also slowing and it will be interesting to see if the PSP Monster Hunter base will transition.

As for Vita, they finally have a decent shooter and with PS4 on the horizon, it will be interesting to see if the PS4 remote play actually gets people to buy a Vita. I honestly think that from on, Sony will push the system as more a PS4 gamepad and see how that works. 

As for the other 2 console launches, we're going to be seeing supply issues, GTA5 not being released on the systems, and a crapton of cross-gen games. The weeks after launch will be interesting.

As for the WiiU, we have yet to see actual compelling software for the system since NSMBU and Nintendoland. Nintendo really has to hit the holidays hard this year. I suspect they will get rid of Nintendo Land as a pack-in and get the deluxe out at the $299 price, and observe.

I'm Pretty sure there are a crap ton of good games announced :P

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
Otakumegane said:

Are they out right now though? No they aren't.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Will definitely be getting Watch_Dogs, Arkham origins and Possibly splinter cell on Wii U.
Still hoping that GTAV gets a release on Wii U, not a fan myself but it sure would be a big sales boost for the system

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Otakumegane said:
MohammadBadir said:
Otakumegane said:

Are they out right now though? No they aren't.

there are some ones coming out this holiday though

I plan on buying a Wii U this holiday but honestly I couldnt care less about the 3rd party multiplats. I may pick up a few down the line but im planning on getting Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and Wind Waker this year. I buy Nintendo consoles for exclusives, whether it be 1st or 3rd party. Many of the multiplats I will continue buying for my PS3 and in a few years PS4, with the few exceptions that have really good use of the gamepad. Instead of worrying about multiplats, I think Nintendo should focus on securing 3rd party exclusives.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
I plan on buying a Wii U this holiday but honestly I couldnt care less about the 3rd party multiplats. I may pick up a few down the line but im planning on getting Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and Wind Waker this year. I buy Nintendo consoles for exclusives, whether it be 1st or 3rd party. Many of the multiplats I will continue buying for my PS3 and in a few years PS4, with the few exceptions that have really good use of the gamepad. Instead of worrying about multiplats, I think Nintendo should focus on securing 3rd party exclusives.

there's nothing wrong with what you're doing, but it's this kind of mindset that makes 3rd party devs shy away from the Wii U