By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This Holiday is critical for the Wii Us future

Will you support these games on Wii U?

yes, I'd like to see mor... 119 65.75%

no, I don't like Nintendo 24 13.26%

See Results 38 20.99%

Total:181

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-l1JZAherw

it's put up or shut up time guys, last time we had excuses for the 3rd party games failing on the Wii U, we said they were rushed,half-assed, released after the original PS360 versions, etc., now, the games are coming out at the same time, developed equally and there will be no excuses if the games fail. this is very critical, as if these games don't sell well, we can kiss what little 3rd party support we had goodbye, Ubisoft and others said they will stop developing multiplats, let alone exclusives, for the Wii U if the games don't sell well this Holiday, so you can see how critical the situations is.

I personally, decided to buy Watch Dogs, Batman Arkham Origins, Assassins Creed 4, Splinter Cell, Rayman Legends and others on my Wii U instead of my PS3/360 just to support these games, I really don't want these guys to abandon the Wii U, especially Ubisoft, as I really would love a Red Steel 3.

What's you guys' take on this?

Around the Network

I am of the opinion that the WiiU is not going to make it anything now is too litle too late

Seems in the past couple months a small insert of Nintendo fan have switch from being somewhat rational about their buying habits to being completely irrational (buying 3rd party games as favoritism...really?). Forums users do not mimic the general public's buying habits, so gauging the peoples perspectives here does not matter. The games you list will bomb on the Wii U but the saving grace for Ubisoft is that they are taking the smart approach of not making any of them exclusive. It seems they have learned their lesson. If a unique game such as ZombiU is not worth the sequel (and from what Yves says, not worth the ROI), what makes you think Red Steel 3 is even on their radar?

I'm buying Just Dance 2014!

100 million install base, weak specs = no third party support.
Higher specs, small install base = no third party support.
Nintendo..damned if you do, damned if you dont.

OT-I will be buying Watch dogs, Arkham and maybe splinter cell for my Wii U. Gotta snap up the good third party games that are here.

Around the Network

Why are the only options in the Poll either, "I want Nintendo to die." or, "I own a Nintendo console but buy Thid Party games, for some reason."? Is there no less harsh option I could go for other than the cop-out third option?

Anyhow, holiday's are critical for many companies seeing as how, sometimes, companies make nearly half (or more, maybe) their entire income from just that one season.

As a Xbox fan who doesn't see X1 outselling PS4 worldwide, it would be nice to see Wiiu sales remain as they are so X1 can at least take 2nd :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I'll buy Arkham City for Wii U, cause I want the game and genuinely like off screen play. As for the others, not going to pick them up except for legends maybe. I only have so much money to spend, and I can't use it on games I'm not interested in just to prove a point.

sales2099 said:
As a Xbox fan who doesn't see X1 outselling PS4 worldwide, it would be nice to see Wiiu sales remain as they are so X1 can at least take 2nd :P

So are you planning to spend the next 5-6 years going against Nintendo on the forums?

OT: It is quite crucial holiday season but i don't see Wii U getting same kind of third party support as Microsoft/Sony home consoles. 

green_sky said:
sales2099 said:

So are you planning to spend the next 5-6 years going against Nintendo on the forums?

OT: It is quite crucial holiday season but i don't see Wii U getting same kind of third party support as Microsoft/Sony home consoles. 

Nope, not at all. Just would be nice to see from a lifetime sales perspective.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.