By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor - Microsoft may increase RAM to 12 GB and GPU clock increase to Xbox One

kowenicki said:
Nyleveia said:
kowenicki said:
Cthulhu said:
So to their eyes Xbox1 failed already

How so?

Because the rumour says they might increase the power its a sign the One failed?  they actually did something similar with the 360 prior to launch.

If sony announced tomorrow that they had tweaked the PS4 for more power, you would react very differently.  Give it a rest will you.

This forum turns any positive for Xbox one into a negative and any potential negative on the PS4 into a positive or not important.  The forum is ruined beyond repair.

yeah gone are the days you could turn any ps3 positive into a 'sony financial loses' negative too right? way to be a hypocrit.

Show me where I have done that just once please.

But in any event, the two aren't related in any way.  I know some people here including you have difficulty grasping this, but its how it is.

The financial news is the financial news, I'm truly sorry if the awful performance of sony financials upsets you but I cant re-write history. 

You are just as much part of the problem as anyone else tho, TLOU sales thread you couldnt help but jump in with a hit and run snarky comment "Shipped plus digital downloads. Not surprising. "

You may not get in to heated slanging matches on this site, but you are the king of negative spin snarky comments in Sony threads. 

Around the Network
irstupid said:
VGPolyglot said:
Wouldn't they have to delay the console? Or wouldn't that make it more expensive?

Ram is pretty cheap.  It shouldn't be that expensive to add an extra 4 gigs of ram.  Didn't it already have 8 gb?

you can buy a 4gb ram card easy for sub $30 for a single consumer.  For a big company like Microsoft buying millions and putting them into a console, they would get a good deal or already have deals, ect.  I doubt it would even cost $10 extra per console.  

DDR3 RAM is cheaper right now but after 2 years the DDR3 RAM prices will go up due to the arrival of DDR4 and less demand/production of DDR3 chips since its not needed much anymore. So, the prices will go up for RAM them in the long run if they did increase.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Pemalite said:
petalpusher said:

It won't happen cause 12 GB would have to be triple channel memory on 256-bit bus.

No it doesn't.
For example with a PC you can run a 2Gb stick of Ram and a 4Gb stick of Ram in tandem for a total of 6Gb, it's still Dual-Channel, of course you do have a minor performance penalty once you exceed 4gb as information isn't being accessed in tandem from both modules.

So, they will lose RAM bandwidth and also creating a bottleneck in the system by doing 12GB upgrade. I think this is not going to happen and if they do then it will create more problems in the system with some bottlenecks since they did not design system with 12GB in mind so this will lead some bottlenecks which can give more problems over minor advantage they get by increasing RAM.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

kowenicki said:
Cthulhu said:

How so?

Because the rumour says they might increase the power its a sign the One failed?  they actually did something similar with the 360 prior to launch.

If sony announced tomorrow that they had tweaked the PS4 for more power, you would react very differently.  Give it a rest will you.

This forum turns any positive for Xbox one into a negative and any potential negative on the PS4 into a positive or not important.  The forum is ruined beyond repair.

It means that (if the rumour is true) they have no trust in the system they have build. Its back on the drawing board for them. How do you feel about their reliability?

"This forum turns any positive for Xbox one into a negative and any potential negative on the PS4 into a positive or not important.  The forum is ruined beyond repair."

Go to the TLOU thread about the 3.4 million sales and quote your post with the statement above.

Yout don't want that kind of setup in a console, supposed to sell tens of millions. Console also only use memory chips on their motherboard. No, seriously there s no way MS s gonna put that kind crippled, unbalanced setting in their console, they will have dual channel 8GB of DDR3 and that's all, maybe down the road they will try to free up some reserved OS memory. Otherwise they would have to go for 16 GB wich is equally pointless and unlikely.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Cthulhu said:
kowenicki said:
Cthulhu said:

How so?

1. It means that (if the rumour is true) they have no trust in the system they have build. Its back on the drawing board for them. How do you feel about their reliability?

"This forum turns any positive for Xbox one into a negative and any potential negative on the PS4 into a positive or not important.  The forum is ruined beyond repair."

2. Go to the TLOU thread about the 3.4 million sales and quote your post with the statement above.

1.  no it doesn't, that waht YOU believe.

2. whats negative about that post? lol. its positive.  Not surprising as in "its a great game from a great developer"

yes this is what i believe, so do you think that MS doesnt try to alter the final product only to equal or surpass PS4 specs?

kowenicki said:
Xenostar said:
kowenicki said:
Nyleveia said:
kowenicki said:
Cthulhu said:

How so?

yeah gone are the days you could turn any ps3 positive into a 'sony financial loses' negative too right? way to be a hypocrit.

Show me where I have done that just once please.

But in any event, the two aren't related in any way.  I know some people here including you have difficulty grasping this, but its how it is.

The financial news is the financial news, I'm truly sorry if the awful performance of sony financials upsets you but I cant re-write history. 

You are just as much part of the problem as anyone else tho, TLOU sales thread you couldnt help but jump in with a hit and run snarky comment "Shipped plus digital downloads. Not surprising. "

You may not get in to heated slanging matches on this site, but you are the king of negative spin snarky comments in Sony threads. 

It was a positive comment.  "Not surprising" relates to it being a great game from a renowned developer.

...and no I dont spin snarky comments in sony threads, I stay out of most sony threads.  Whereas many sony fans on this site cant wait to do exactly what you just said.

Come on man we all know you stealth troll sony threads, if it had been a MS sales theread theres no way you would of opened with the word "Shipped"

Anywho i have noticed you comment alot less since the E3 debacle and it would be a shame if any more of the green half of the community left, but i only see the arguments getting more rediculous on the run up to launch and its not just this site, i cant find comments threads anywhere that dont seem to somehow turn into fanboy arguments. Maybe its a good thing the gaming community is so passionate. 

Xbox One games already blew PS4 games out of the water graphically.

Yeah i don't think so.

IamAwsome said:
12 GB?? Can you say overkill?

I love how Microsoft would be overkilling it now. Sony reveiling 8 GB GDDR 5 Ram was totally ok.....

If this is true then they have 9 GB for games, Sony has 7 GB. If Sony made such a upgrade you would be fapping 24/7.