By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the XBox 360 worth 99 Euro just for the exclusives ?

VITA! Or the 360, it has tales of vesperia xD

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
lxhizy said:
Well for $99 i'd get an xbox anyday, even though I don't like it at all, just to try some exclusives I haven't played like Left 4 Dead.

But... if I hadn't a Vita already i'd save the money for the vita, it will be more useful in time than an xbox 360, and, unlike the 360, you can play tons of exclusives on the psv. Basically it is better to buy a new generation console than an old one.

That's a PC game... and by now, dirt cheap, with no real requirements... it can run on as little as a single-core CPU..

I know but I don't like using my PC for gaming unless it is AoE, and the PS3 doesn't have left 4 dead so i'd buy the game if I had a 360.

Xen said:
lxhizy said:
Well for $99 i'd get an xbox anyday, even though I don't like it at all, just to try some exclusives I haven't played like Left 4 Dead.

But... if I hadn't a Vita already i'd save the money for the vita, it will be more useful in time than an xbox 360, and, unlike the 360, you can play tons of exclusives on the psv. Basically it is better to buy a new generation console than an old one.

That's a PC game... and by now, dirt cheap, with no real requirements... it can run on as little as a single-core CPU..

But it doesn't possess the unique perk of the 360.

orniletter said:
now, to make things complicated: A local store offers a new Vita for 147 Euro (Wifi only, no game or memory card included)
ugh....I don´t know......

Well if you are interested in the Vita you can get things in stages. I got mine with AC3L and a 4GB memory card initially. Later I kept getting add-ons such as protective gear, better memory card and of course games. Plus, there are a number of titles up in the store for PSV if you have PS+. So far I've downloaded Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Zero Escape. There are a number of PSP titles up there as well. If you have a PS3 already there are games that have the cross buy feature, which is very nice (like Sly Thieves in Time). Of course, the games would have to speak to you. Also, with PS+ you get discounts for PSV games every now and again. I bought Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, Guacamelee, Sound Shapes and a few Vita games all at a discount through exclusive + deals. You may not have interest in any of the aforementioned titles, and that's what counts really. Do a little research before you decided and don't just take our word for it.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

thanks for the answers so far, my only concern with the Vita is (I hope nobody takes this as flamebait) that Sony doesn´t seem to be 100% behind it (lacking firstparty efforts mainly and the ridiculous memory cards)
....and I have this gutfeeling that they will announce something important at Gamescom (price drop on the mem cards/system, new model/ Vita light etc.)
The Vita itself is great, I had one in my hands today (Super Star Dust looks great :D )

Miguel_Zorro said:

I went with the Vita, because I travel for work a lot.  I don't have as much time as I like to play games at home, but I have some extra time on airplanes and in hotels.

If I had more time to game at home I'd think about an XBox 360 - but I don't have enough time to play the PS3 exclusives as it is, and I have a bunch of the best Wii games just sitting around too - some of them in the original plastic.

Sadly, I'm the same. :/ I'm doing more videogame collecting for home than playing them. That's why I got the Vita, and I'll get a 3DS to complement it later in the year.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

The 360 is more than worth it at 99 euros, but 4gb is just useless i think. Depends on how many games you want to play. But you can't wrong with either the Vita or the Xbox. Up to you. But i would say a Vita and a year of Playstation Plus is pretty good value for money. There are now 5 Vita games included. 

Plus this ~http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/06/19/ps-vita-mega-pack-10-games-and-an-8gb-memory-card-for-39-99/

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

No. This gen is overdue. No reason to waste 1oo Euros.

Well, both the Vita and the 360 have about 3 exclusives. I guess it just depends which of those 3 you're more interested in.