By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Much Will The Wii U Drop!? <(^_^<)

The Wii U's First Price Cut Will Be...

$100 123 24.60%

$90 0 0%

$80 9 1.80%

$70 21 4.20%

$60 7 1.40%

$50 307 61.40%

$40 6 1.20%

$30 9 1.80%

$20 3 0.60%

$10 14 2.80%

Total:499
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cold-Flipper said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

its just rediculous to talk about a console getting a price cut by the time its been out for 2 years, its pretty obvious it will get a price cut by then, every console except Wii has had one in that time frame. When somebody talks about a console needing a price drop it usually implies within the next few months.

And that's the keyword my friend, "usually." When that somebody says otherwise on numerous occasions, then it's not one of those usual times. Plus it was even in the OP from the get go!

Ya almost every time I reply in this thread I forget u said by the end of 2014. But still its kinda strange to use such a huge timeframe, if they cut it this year id say $50 but anytime after April of next year $100 is possible.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to get into debates about when the price cut would happen, atleast not while I originally just wanted to talk about how much will the Wii U's first price cut will be, so I just threw out a timeframe we can all agree with in hopes we focus discussion on the price. Perhaps you or I could make a seperate thread on the when. Generally speaking though I definitely do agree that they shouldn't price cut this year, though I don't want to say it's 100% impossible for them to.

But thats the thing, u cant really come up with a price without first establishing a date since so many variables can change within an 18 month span.

Yeah, I had eventually realized this and then said MK8's release would be a good time for the $100 price drop. A MK8 bundle as you've been saying would also be awesomazings! $300 Wii U Deluxe + Nintendo Land + MK8 = Me running out and buying a Wii U!

Around the Network

OT: $50 probably. Though $30 is not out of the question given the Wii's $120 price.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Sorry, I was referring to your last sentence about price dropping before games come out. I never said that's what they should do.

The Xbox One isn't out yet while the Wii U is, and you're exactly right that we don't know what impact the games will have, so better to go by what we do know as said before. You keep saying the lack of games are the biggest reason for the Wii U's poor sales, which is undoubtedly true, but price is definitely a factor aswell. As much as people say the Wii U has no games (even myself hehe), NSMBU, ZombiU, Sonic&Sega Racing, RE:Revelations, Lego City, CoD:BO2, Nintendo Land, MH3U, and more do exsist, giving the Wii U a pretty diverse library in terms of genres. So it does have some games, they're just not worth the purchase of a $350 system. Better games, better price, will fix these problems. Also, game releases are all the more reason for a price cut as you'd want to coincide it with the launch of key titles. That should not only boost sales greatly, but also help it maintain a higher level of sales week after week.

It's cool. I realize that you never said a price cut needs to literally happen before the release of quality games. I was saying to say it will need a $100 cut by the end of 2014 before games even begin to release again is jumping the gun. (I know you never wanted a price cut this year :)

Wii U doesn't have games...that is basically a fact. What games have released since launch? RE Revelations is a 3DS remake (port?) also on the PS3 / 360, Monster Hunter 3 is on Wii, and 3DS, Lego City has a version on the 3DS, and Game&Wario...this should've been WarioWare U. Even if you ignore the fact that they're not exclusives, you still only have 4 quality games in 7 months. If you go to the VGC database, Wii U currently only has 40 games that have been released (counting Japan only games) and 7 in 2013. (Not counting Japan only games) That is 1 shovel ware game per month. (Yeah!) Also, only 2 games have managed over 500K and one of them is bundled with the deluxe...it has literally 2 big games.

Again, I agree with you that a price cut has a 95% chance of happening by the end of 2014. That's all but guaranteed. What I disagree with is that the amount currently can't be determined simply due to Wii U having no game support. 

Cold-Flipper said:

Einsam_Delphin said:

Sorry, I was referring to your last sentence about price dropping before games come out. I never said that's what they should do.

The Xbox One isn't out yet while the Wii U is, and you're exactly right that we don't know what impact the games will have, so better to go by what we do know as said before. You keep saying the lack of games are the biggest reason for the Wii U's poor sales, which is undoubtedly true, but price is definitely a factor aswell. As much as people say the Wii U has no games (even myself hehe), NSMBU, ZombiU, Sonic&Sega Racing, RE:Revelations, Lego City, CoD:BO2, Nintendo Land, MH3U, and more do exsist, giving the Wii U a pretty diverse library in terms of genres. So it does have some games, they're just not worth the purchase of a $350 system. Better games, better price, will fix these problems. Also, game releases are all the more reason for a price cut as you'd want to coincide it with the launch of key titles. That should not only boost sales greatly, but also help it maintain a higher level of sales week after week.

It's cool. I realize that you never said a price cut needs to literally happen before the release of quality games. I was saying to say it will need a $100 cut by the end of 2014 before games even begin to release again is jumping the gun. (I know you never wanted a price cut this year :)

Wii U doesn't have games...that is basically a fact. What games have released since launch? RE Revelations is a 3DS remake (port?) also on the PS3 / 360, Monster Hunter 3 is on Wii, and 3DS, Lego City has a version on the 3DS, and Game&Wario...this should've been WarioWare U. Even if you ignore the fact that they're not exclusives, you still only have 4 quality games in 7 months. If you go to the VGC database, Wii U currently only has 40 games that have been released (counting Japan only games) and 7 in 2013. (Not counting Japan only games) That is 1 shovel ware game per month. (Yeah!) Also, only 2 games have managed over 500K and one of them is bundled with the deluxe...it has literally 2 big games.

Again, I agree with you that a price cut has a 95% chance of happening by the end of 2014. That's all but guaranteed. What I disagree with is that the amount currently can't be determined simply due to Wii U having no game support. 

lolz, you say it's a fact the Wii U doesn't have games, then go on to name some of it's games. Granted they're not all that great and clearly not worth buying a $350 system as I said already, but they are still games by definition. That's right I'm being all hyper technical! Also, tell that last sentence of yours to Nintendo, as they determined how much they were gonna drop the 3DS by before it's games showed up.

3 words you'll never hear on this site:

I was wrong!

In both the timing and the amount, Nintendo showed me up! Curse thems! D:

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
3 words you'll never hear on this site:

I was wrong!

In both the timing and the amount, Nintendo showed me up! Curse thems! D:

Now that's also the point where you have to say that Rol was right all along.

If you were one of those 296 people then yeah I guess yal were. :L

Price is not an issue..