By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Much Will The Wii U Drop!? <(^_^<)

The Wii U's First Price Cut Will Be...

$100 123 24.60%

$90 0 0%

$80 9 1.80%

$70 21 4.20%

$60 7 1.40%

$50 307 61.40%

$40 6 1.20%

$30 9 1.80%

$20 3 0.60%

$10 14 2.80%

Total:499
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cold-Flipper said:

Einsam_Delphin said:

But who's saying that? I'm definitely not.

Also you're just making assumptions. I could just as easily say that even when the Wii U get's more games it's sales still wont be that great, hence why I'm only going off of how it's been doing and what's been done before since we can't know the future or what would have been. Yes me saying there'll be a $100 price cut by the end of 2014 is also just an assumption, but I'm not using it to prove anything and it's backed up by facts n past instances, making it more of an educated guess.

Who's saying what? You didn't bold anything from my post so I can't respond to that.

Saying it needs a price cut at all is jumping the gun though. It'd be like saying XB1 is $500, it needs a $100 cut by the end of 2014 because nobody will buy it for that much money. You & I both don't know what will happen once the games are finally released. I don't agree or disagree with you, just saying you can't simply say things like "people don't like the price" or "it definitely needs a price cut" without knowing exactly how people will respond to a consistent game release schedule. 

Sorry, I was referring to your last sentence about price dropping before games come out. I never said that's what they should do.

The Xbox One isn't out yet while the Wii U is, and you're exactly right that we don't know what impact the games will have, so better to go by what we do know as said before. You keep saying the lack of games are the biggest reason for the Wii U's poor sales, which is undoubtedly true, but price is definitely a factor aswell. As much as people say the Wii U has no games (even myself hehe), NSMBU, ZombiU, Sonic&Sega Racing, RE:Revelations, Lego City, CoD:BO2, Nintendo Land, MH3U, and more do exsist, giving the Wii U a pretty diverse library in terms of genres. So it does have some games, they're just not worth the purchase of a $350 system. Better games, better price, will fix these problems. Also, game releases are all the more reason for a price cut as you'd want to coincide it with the launch of key titles. That should not only boost sales greatly, but also help it maintain a higher level of sales week after week.

But the majority of the games on Wii U are also on consoles with much bigger install bases and most are late ports at that. The only exclusives this year have been Lego City and Game & Wario, also Injustice is the only multiplat released on time. It just needs the big games to release already with some decent marketing to go with them. As far as price goes I think its fine, if anything just better value bundles. Maybe add Nintendo Land to the Basic and add NSMBU to the Deluxe with a download code for Luigi U. Also holiday deals/bundles will take care of price thid holiday.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cold-Flipper said:

Einsam_Delphin said:

Also you're just making assumptions. I could just as easily say that even when the Wii U get's more games it's sales still wont be that great, hence why I'm only going off of how it's been doing and what's been done before since we can't know the future or what would have been. Yes me saying there'll be a $100 price cut by the end of 2014 is also just an assumption, but I'm not using it to prove anything and it's backed up by facts n past instances, making it more of an educated guess.

Who's saying what? You didn't bold anything from my post so I can't respond to that.

Saying it needs a price cut at all is jumping the gun though. It'd be like saying XB1 is $500, it needs a $100 cut by the end of 2014 because nobody will buy it for that much money. You & I both don't know what will happen once the games are finally released. I don't agree or disagree with you, just saying you can't simply say things like "people don't like the price" or "it definitely needs a price cut" without knowing exactly how people will respond to a consistent game release schedule. 

Sorry, I was referring to your last sentence about price dropping before games come out. I never said that's what they should do.

The Xbox One isn't out yet while the Wii U is, and you're exactly right that we don't know what impact the games will have, so better to go by what we do know as said before. You keep saying the lack of games are the biggest reason for the Wii U's poor sales, which is undoubtedly true, but price is definitely a factor aswell. As much as people say the Wii U has no games (even myself hehe), NSMBU, ZombiU, Sonic&Sega Racing, RE:Revelations, Lego City, CoD:BO2, Nintendo Land, MH3U, and more do exsist, giving the Wii U a pretty diverse library in terms of genres. So it does have some games, they're just not worth the purchase of a $350 system. Better games, better price, will fix these problems. Also, game releases are all the more reason for a price cut as you'd want to coincide it with the launch of key titles. That should not only boost sales greatly, but also help it maintain a higher level of sales week after week.

But the majority of the games on Wii U are also on consoles with much bigger install bases and most are late ports at that. The only exclusives this year have been Lego City and Game & Wario, also Injustice is the only multiplat released on time. It just needs the big games to release already with some decent marketing to go with them. As far as price goes I think its fine, if anything just better value bundles. Maybe add Nintendo Land to the Basic and add NSMBU to the Deluxe with a download code for Luigi U. Also holiday deals/bundles will take care of price thid holiday.

Rawrghs! I'm not saying the price cut has to come this holiday! I've only said it'll come by the end of 2014. Why wont yal understand this!? D:

Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cold-Flipper said:

Einsam_Delphin said:

Rawrghs! I'm not saying the price cut has to come this holiday! I've only said it'll come by the end of 2014. Why wont yal understand this!? D:

its just rediculous to talk about a console getting a price cut by the time its been out for 2 years, its pretty obvious it will get a price cut by then, every console except Wii has had one in that time frame. When somebody talks about a console needing a price drop it usually implies within the next few months.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Probably 50.00 from a cost perspective. The XBOX 360 4GB Kinect bundle is probably the closest analog to the basic unit, and that is 250.00.

Lifetime Sales Prediction - 6/29/2013
Wii U - 38 million
XBOX One - 88 million
Playstation 4 - 145 million

catofellow said:
Probably 50.00 from a cost perspective. The XBOX 360 4GB Kinect bundle is probably the closest analog to the basic unit, and that is 250.00.

The 4gb Kinect bundle is actually $300

Edit: sorey didnt realize ur from UK

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
catofellow said:

The 4gb Kinect bundle is actually $300

Ah, my mistake.  I see now that Amazon discounted the old model.

Lifetime Sales Prediction - 6/29/2013
Wii U - 38 million
XBOX One - 88 million
Playstation 4 - 145 million

zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cold-Flipper said:

Einsam_Delphin said:

its just rediculous to talk about a console getting a price cut by the time its been out for 2 years, its pretty obvious it will get a price cut by then, every console except Wii has had one in that time frame. When somebody talks about a console needing a price drop it usually implies within the next few months.

And that's the keyword my friend, "usually." When that somebody says otherwise on numerous occasions, then it's not one of those usual times. Plus it was even in the OP from the get go!

Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cold-Flipper said:

Einsam_Delphin said:

And that's the keyword my friend, "usually." When that somebody says otherwise on numerous occasions, then it's not one of those usual times. Plus it was even in the OP from the get go!

Ya almost every time I reply in this thread I forget u said by the end of 2014. But still its kinda strange to use such a huge timeframe, if they cut it this year id say $50 but anytime after April of next year $100 is possible.

zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cold-Flipper said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Ya almost every time I reply in this thread I forget u said by the end of 2014. But still its kinda strange to use such a huge timeframe, if they cut it this year id say $50 but anytime after April of next year $100 is possible.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to get into debates about when the price cut would happen, atleast not while I originally just wanted to talk about how much will the Wii U's first price cut will be, so I just threw out a timeframe we can all agree with in hopes we focus discussion on the price. Perhaps you or I could make a seperate thread on the when. Generally speaking though I definitely do agree that they shouldn't price cut this year, though I don't want to say it's 100% impossible for them to.

Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cold-Flipper said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

I wasn't sure if I wanted to get into debates about when the price cut would happen, atleast not while I originally just wanted to talk about how much will the Wii U's first price cut will be, so I just threw out a timeframe we can all agree with in hopes we focus discussion on the price. Perhaps you or I could make a seperate thread on the when. Generally speaking though I definitely do agree that they shouldn't price cut this year, though I don't want to say it's 100% impossible for them to.

But thats the thing, u cant really come up with a price without first establishing a date since so many variables can change within an 18 month span.