By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo needs to drop WiiU's price soon and here's why

Tagged games:

coolguy said:
nintendo needs to get rid of the white wiiu and drop the price to 299 for the black wiiu,
thank god i did not buy a wiiu, i had it in my hand but i said no

Good for you bro, that's a smart customer thinking logically rather than blindly. I say drop the 32gb Black to $250 and now Nintendo will talk the talk and walk the walk.

Around the Network
Assyrian612 said:
Price drop will happen when reality smacks Nintendo in the face. Very soon.

Nope, it has nothing to do with reality or smacking ,but with testing the market. The most likely scenario is that they will keep the price as is and release their big games. If that makes no effect, they will lower the price of the console and possibly offer rebates on some of their games.

As for buying blindly, wait till you see all the blind people lining up for a PS4. You'll think you're in a ward.

ListerOfSmeg said:
1. Power is meaningless. the most powerful console never wins. both facts backed up by history.
2. You forgot to add the price of PS+ to the price of PS4. A lot of consumers wont like that.
3. The PS4 looks to me like an updated Wii. that might confuse your average consumer also.
4. The difference in price is more than $50. Online is free on Wii U. Ps gamers have to pay to even update games as anything online has to be paid for now.

1. That's because the most powerful console is the most expensive. With the PS4 that's not the case. Nobody decides not to buy a console because it's too powerful.

2. True, but with that fee likely comes a much better online experience, not to mention all of the benefits of Playstation Plus (free games and discounts).

3. How does it in any way resemble the Wii? Lol

4. Not true. They said that only online multiplayer would be behind the paywall. Multimedia functionality and things like Netflix won't require PS Plus, so I severely doubt game updates will either.

DucksUnlimited said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
1. Power is meaningless. the most powerful console never wins. both facts backed up by history.
2. You forgot to add the price of PS+ to the price of PS4. A lot of consumers wont like that.
3. The PS4 looks to me like an updated Wii. that might confuse your average consumer also.
4. The difference in price is more than $50. Online is free on Wii U. Ps gamers have to pay to even update games as anything online has to be paid for now.

1. That's because the most powerful console is the most expensive. With the PS4 that's not the case. Nobody decides not to buy a console because it's too powerful.

2. True, but with that fee likely comes a much better online experience, not to mention all of the benefits of Playstation Plus (free games and discounts).

4. Not true. They said that only online multiplayer would be behind the paywall. Multimedia functionality and things like Netflix won't require PS Plus, so I severely doubt game updates will either.

GameCube was cheaper than PS2

MohammadBadir said:
DucksUnlimited said:
ListerOfSmeg said:

GameCube was cheaper than PS2

Gamecube wasn't the most powerful console.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Yeah I can't see the WiiU competing with the Ps4 at that price :/

you can't see it competing with ps4 even though it's $100 less? I wonder what went so wrong in the past for people to say this logicless things.

happydolphin said:
Assyrian612 said:

Nope, it has nothing to do with reality or smacking ,but with testing the market. The most likely scenario is that they will keep the price as is and release their big games. If that makes no effect, they will lower the price of the console and possibly offer rebates on some of their games.

As for buying blindly, wait till you see all the blind people lining up for a PS4. You'll think you're in a ward.

Really? That's reality for you right there "offer rebates on some of their games." Lack of product so let's rebate it. No the truth is very clear Nintendo will get smacked. They're a very arrogant and stick to a business first consumer last model. That's why most of their games have not changed or ever will. As to buying blindly, yes whomever bought a 32gb Wii U is blind. Hence the fact the world didn't flock to it like the sheep Nintendo hoped they would be, hence the fact Microsoft changed its policies, and people waiting for a PS4 were the smart buyers. A console priced at $399 with what it offers is a great investment sorry to burst your Jiggly Puff. How's that New Super Mario Bros going for you? Oh no don't answer that lolzzzzz

Sony fans and their constant need to express what Nintendo must do, for whatever reason, what a joke.

It does not look appealing at that price point when compared to the PS4 and what it offers from a tech point of view. But more importantly it needs games. If the Wii U could give me an onslaught of must have titles then I'd be inclined to get one sooner than next year. A price cut would not convince me to get one this year since the titles are good, but not $350 + tax good. However, if the system were to receive a mega sale on Black Friday akin to the Vita last year then I would be swayed. Barring that a price cut wouldn't move me.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Assyrian612 said:
happydolphin said:
Assyrian612 said:

Really? That's reality for you right there "offer rebates on some of their games." Lack of product so let's rebate it. No the truth is very clear Nintendo will get smacked. They're a very arrogant and stick to a business first consumer last model. That's why most of their games have not changed or ever will. As to buying blindly, yes whomever bought a 32gb Wii U is blind. Hence the fact the world didn't flock to it like the sheep Nintendo hoped they would be, hence the fact Microsoft changed its policies, and people waiting for a PS4 were the smart buyers. A console priced at $399 with what it offers is a great investment sorry to burst your Jiggly Puff. How's that New Super Mario Bros going for you? Oh no don't answer that lolzzzzz

Wow that was an extremely arrogant post. Nothing happydolphin said was false, Wii U hasnt had any big games release so far this year and yes that is there own fault but a price cut with no big games and still selling at a loss is a terrible idea. It makes way more sense to see how consumers react when it gets a steady stream of quality exclusives. If they still arent buying it then its time for a price cut. But Nintendo has about 10 solid exclusives coming by the end of this year with a few very likely to sell over 5 million copies. That along with advertising and bundling will give it respectable sales to finish out the year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.