By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - George Zimmerman Trial

enditall727 said:

I don't believe that his original intentions were to kill Ttayvon though. I think they both reacted poorly and it got to a point where Zimmerman shot Trayvon.

This basically describes the incident. Both people acted on poor judgement, a physical confrontation ensued and GZ acted in self defense, causing Trayvon's death. Again, I think he will walk but we'll just have to wait and see.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Areym said:

enditall727 said:

I don't believe that his original intentions were to kill Ttayvon though. I think they both reacted poorly and it got to a point where Zimmerman shot Trayvon.

This basically describes the incident. Both people acted on poor judgement, a physical confrontation ensued and GZ acted in self defense, causing Trayvon's death. Again, I think he will walk but we'll just have to wait and see.

Yes, he might. I see why Badgenome keeps stressing about there being a reaction if Zimmerman walks away from this freely and untouched.

Should've just left the damn kid alone or atleast made it less obvious that he was following him

I feel like he should atleast get like a year or something.(idk)

Oh well i guess

badgenome said:

They screwed up from the word "go" by overcharging him. There was no way a murder 2 charge as going to stick.

The most surreal thing has been watching lefties turn Rachel Jeantel into some kind of hero for being a stupid obese liar.

And those same people screwed up by turning Zimmerman into a "white" man, just so they could bring up another race war. 

It is pretty obvious he is going to walk, since most of the evidence seems to support his version of the events.  Well, unless the jury is going to make this about race, too.

silentdj151 said:

Seems like people are introducing their prejudices into the case:

Prejudices:

For Defense of Zimmerman:

Martin: thug deserved to die, because there is no way he could have been defending himself or feared for his life. 

Zimmerman: Upstanding citizen did no wrong, feared for his life...with superficial wounds.

Prejudice cuts both ways, like some people automatically seeing TM as an innocent victim because of his skin colour.

enditall727 said:
Areym said:

enditall727 said:

Yes, he might. I see why Badgenome keeps stressing about there being a reaction if Zimmerman walks away from this freely and untouched.

Should've just left the damn kid alone or atleast made it less obvious that he was following him

Oh well i guess

The problem with the bolded is that Trayvon lost Zimmerman.  He played football, after all.  Actually, this map shows that Trayvon definitely had time to get to the house he was staying at.

The timestamps correspond with Zimmerman's 911 call.  When Zimmerman was told he didn't need to chase or follow Trayvon, we can hear the wind start to die down as he slows to a stop, or walk.  If Trayvon was still running he could have made it to Brandy Green's house (where he was staying) and been inside by ~2:40.  Zimmerman's call lasted 4:05.  So really, even if Trayvon slowed down to a walk, he should have definitely been inside AT LEAST 30 secs before Zimmerman even completed his call to 911.  It's pretty obvious he double backed to confront Zimmerman.

The saddest part of this whole thing is that if Trayvon had gotten a hold of the gun and killed Zimmerman, this wouldn't have become nationwide news.  Or if Zimmerman was also black, this wouldn't have become nationwide news.  However, since the media wrongly assumed that Zimmerman was white because his dad was, they decided to create a race war, and portrayed the situation like this:

They only showed pics of Trayvon when he was 12/13, when he was now 17, 6 ft tall and athletically built.  Even going so far as to edit Zimmerman's 911 call, so it looked like he was bringing up Trayvon's race, when it was the dispatcher who asked about it.  And reporting that Zimmerman said "fucking coon," when he said "fucking cold."

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
enditall727 said:

Oh well i guess

The problem with the bolded is that Trayvon lost Zimmerman.  He played football, after all.  Actually, this map shows that Trayvon definitely had time to get to the house he was staying at.

The timestamps correspond with Zimmerman's 911 call.  When Zimmerman was told he didn't need to chase or follow Trayvon, we can hear the wind start to die down as he slows to a stop, or walk.  If Trayvon was still running he could have made it to Brandy Green's house (where he was staying) and been inside by ~2:40.  Zimmerman's call lasted 4:05.  So really, even if Trayvon slowed down to a walk, he should have definitely been inside AT LEAST 30 secs before Zimmerman even completed his call to 911.  It's pretty obvious he double backed to confront Zimmerman.

The saddest part of this whole thing is that if Trayvon had gotten a hold of the gun and killed Zimmerman, this wouldn't have become nationwide news.  Or if Zimmerman was also black, this wouldn't have become nationwide news.  However, since the media wrongly assumed that Zimmerman was white because his dad was, they decided to create a race war, and portrayed the situation like this:

They only showed pics of Trayvon when he was 12/13, when he was now 17, 6 ft tall and athletically built.  Even going so far as to edit Zimmerman's 911 call, so it looked like he was bringing up Trayvon's race, when it was the dispatcher who asked about it.  And reporting that Zimmerman said "fucking coon," when he said "fucking cold."

Nah i was talking about early on before he turned around. Everybody already knows that he turned around anyways. 

So this image confirms that Trayvon was actually staying in the neighborhood? I was lead to believe that Trayvon was suspiciously crosding through a completely different neighborhood to get to his house. I thought he was being followed because he was thought to potentially rob a housr or something being that he was not staying in the neighborhood.

Interesting

according to the Zimmerman interview in this thread, you would think that they pretty much only spoke right when Trayvon punched him.

But why was Zimmerman on the phone though? Because a kid was just simply walking home? Cant be. They had to have exchanged words early on. They had to have mouthed off to each other for Zimmerman to call those people and talking about punks always getting away. I dont think he would just overreact by seeing a kid walking home.

Also some mouthi.g off had to have taken place for Trayvon to turn around and ask him what was his problem.

I believe a 2nd exchange of heated words was said again after Trayvon asked what his problem was.

I think Trayvon probably said somethin slick and made Zimmerman snap. Zimmerman then probably dif "Something" which made Trayvon hit him.

then he was shot

I think they both overeacted.

and that other picture is just like the picture Areym posted. It's just another picture that tries to make 1 person look good with the other looking bad. I've seen that skin head Zimmerman pic before but i never seen a credible source using it in a serious manner

But is it true that Trayvon WAS actually staying in that neighborhood??

enditall727 said:
thismeintiel said:

Nah i was talking about early on before he turned around. Everybody already knows that he turned around anyways. 

So this image confirms that Trayvon was actually staying in the neighborhood? I was lead to believe that Trayvon was suspiciously crosding through a completely different neighborhood to get to his house. I thought he was being followed because he was thought to potentially rob a housr or something being that he was not staying in the neighborhood.

Interesting

according to the Zimmerman interview in this thread, you would think that they pretty much only spoke right when Trayvon punched him.

But why was Zimmerman on the phone though? Because a kid was just simply walking home? Cant be. They had to have exchanged words early on. They had to have mouthed off to each other for Zimmerman to call those people and talking about punks always getting away. I dont think he would just overreact by seeing a kid walking home.

Also some mouthi.g off had to have taken place for Trayvon to turn around and ask him what was his problem.

I believe a 2nd exchange of heated words was said again after Trayvon asked what his problem was.

I think Trayvon probably said somethin slick and made Zimmerman snap. Zimmerman then probably dif "Something" which made Trayvon hit him.

then he was shot

I think they both overeacted.

and that other picture is just like the picture Areym posted. It's just another picture that tries to make 1 person look good with the other loominglooking bad. I've seen that skin head Zimmerman pic before but i never seen a credible source using it in a serious manner

But is it true that Trayvon WAS actually staying in that neighborhood??

Trayvon didn't live in the area, he was only staying with his dad and his dad's fiancee for a week or so.  I believe the reason that was given is that he had been suspended from school because they found weed in his backpack.  Either way, Zimmerman didn't know Trayvon was staying there. 

And your understanding of the events are completely off.  They didn't exchange words beforehand.  You can hear this on the 911 call.  Zimmerman thought he may have been the person who had been breaking into the houses within the community the past few weeks.  Trayvon did not turn around while Zimmerman was following him.  He ran.  Zimmerman ran after him.  The dispatcher said not to do that.  Zimmerman stopped and continued to talk to the dispatcher.  Trayvon could have been long gone during this point.  However, I think he was pissed that someone had followed him.  So, instead of just going inside his dad's house and leaving it alone, he doubled back to confront Zimmerman.

I have yet to see where Zimmerman has done anything illegal.  And according to Florida law, it doesn't matter who starts the fight, only if you are in fear for your life.  So, if Trayvon had hit him a couple of times and walked away, then Zimmerman would have been guilty of murder if he had shot him.  But, since Trayvon was on top and pounding Zimmerman's head into the sidewalk, it seems Zimmerman was in the right.

Also, the picture is an example of hyperbole.  Of course no news channel/site used it.  It's just to illustrate how the media portrayed the situation with their words and actions.  Calling Zimmerman white, and when they found out he was Hispanic, they started calling him a "white" Hispanic.  I guess they should start calling Obama the first "white" Black President.  Never once showing recent pics of Trayvon, only using one's where he was an innocent looking 12/13 year old, not the 6 ft. 17 yr old young man.

Did Zimmerman break the law? Disputable. Does he deserve to go to jail? Yes.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

HesAPooka said:

So, it's disputable whether he broke the law, but he needs to go to jail, regardless?  Wow.  Glad there aren't more people like you in charge.

thismeintiel said:
HesAPooka said:

So, it's disputable whether he broke the law, but he needs to go to jail, regardless?  Wow.  Glad there aren't more people like you in charge.

It's disputable because the way the law is written it's hard to determine if Zimmerman really was in a position to fear for his life and use lethal force, but by all other standards the guy basically shot a kid to death after he got a few scratches during a tiny fight. He deserves jail. I've bled more falling down when I was a kid than this guy did during his "life threatening altercation".

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.