By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo's wii U truly next gen??

This topic is exciting. Points are raised, points are ignored. Lovely.

PS4 and XB1 can't 'handle' Game and Wario. That is based on specs.

Who wins? I think that's the end of this thread for me.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network

Looks like you are ready for your job at EA. Just remember we are in gen 4 right now which doesn't include the Wii U.

sethnintendo said:
Looks like you are ready for your job at EA. Just remember we are in gen 4 right now which doesn't include the Wii U.

you made my day

anthony64641 said:
what makes wiiu next gen? it can run games at 1080p and 60 fps. nuff said.

oh yea? name one game that currenty is 1080p and runs at "60 fps" on the wii u? you can't because it doesn't exist!

beast-n-beauty-queen said:
anthony64641 said:
what makes wiiu next gen? it can run games at 1080p and 60 fps. nuff said.

oh yea? name one game that currenty is 1080p and runs at "60 fps" on the wii u? you can't because it doesn't exist!

WWHD and Smash Bros are confirmed to do just that.

Around the Network

Nobody argued that the Dreamcast kicked off the 6th generation, as its capabilities were far beyond what the 5th gen Playstation/Saturn/N64 could achieve. However, the Xbox console, two years later, was much more powerful than the Dreamcast, had better online and even an HDD. Should we consider Xbox part of gen 7? No.

If Sony decided to go with a GTX Titan GPU in the PS4, would that suddenly be considered a 9th generation machine? Again, no.

Furthermore, technical power is still only part of the equation when it comes to a next-gen experience. The WiiU offers asymmetrical gameplay and the ability for off TV play with select games right out of the box for everyone who owns one - something that's never been done before and something that the PS4/XB1 can't compete with from a design standpoint because Microsoft isn't offering a streaming-screen gamepad and Sony isn't packaging a Vita with every PS4. So, riddle me this: Should PS4/XB1 be relegated to just really powerful last gen consoles? The answer remains the same. No.

So face it: Yes, the WiiU is indeed a next gen console. The PS4 and XB1 just happen to be more powerful next gen consoles.

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

My 2¢, who cares? Its a damm good console. Got mine day one and haven't looked back. To the people who say they sold their Wii U, why did you even buy one in the first place? The fact is it offers something aathe competition can't. Smart glass truly can't and how many people are going to buy a vita just for remote off tv play? Sony fan boy surely won't pay that kind of money for a "gimmick".

released 2012 6 years after the Wii...

Yes

/thread

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints