By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo's wii U truly next gen??

By definition it is next gen. It's a console released during the 8th generation. It doesn't matter how powerful it is or what features it lacks, it's it's an 8th gen console. I find it strange that people still argue about this. We should be complaining about the weak hardware and lack of features the expensive gamepad brings to the system instead of arguing about what something as stupid as "next gen" means.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

Around the Network
beast-n-beauty-queen said:
mii-gamer said:
The Wii U can do certain things that was not possible on the previous generation.

For example the assymetric gamepay in some of the Nintendo Land attraction (ghost mansion etc)

We have not seen the full possibilities of the Wii U yet.

End of story

you missed the whole point...try to campare it to ps4/xbox one since it's called the 8th gen console...wii u is last gen.

I like retro games, I like 80s music, I hate swagfags and think they're stupid. yup, I'm a last gen human

twilight_link said:
you know nothing about power of WiiU and neither Neogaf nor anybody else and those who know hardly publicly share any knowledge, WiiU is designed to fit Nintendo requirements for hardware and as such is certainly powerful enough, it's part of eight generation as SNES and Genesis shared the same generation with Neogeo (vastly more powerful system), or Dreamcast with Xbox or Wii with PS360.

Nintendo designed WiiU to fit their visions, it will play their software you can't play their games anywhere else, they pursued their visions and not some unreachable goals as proper 3rd party support.

If you wish to play games you listed you can play them anywhere else, it's is simple as that.

WiiU has bluray drive but is not capable to play bluray movies (due to licensing fees, similar to Wii)

The argument with new IP is nonsense it was created by Sony and spread by their fans because Sony is unable to create long term successful IP so they try with new IP every then and now and try to find something successful if they find then they began releasing this IP almost bi annually as with Uncharted.

you admit that you're Sony fans, nothing wrong with this but in contrast to Nintendo fans who play Nintendo games on Nintendo hardware, the Sony fans spend entire generation to play vastly inferior multi-platform games on their hardware.

In other words they spend enormous amount of time to deceive himself that quality of graphics and conversion is not important so i understand, after so much time the frustration is over and they need to show everybody that they're after all -mature.

What a joke this entire 16-35 year old male demography is, what a mess this industry cultivate, i can't understand, it's nothing but joke

beast-n-beauty-queen said:
mii-gamer said:
The Wii U can do certain things that was not possible on the previous generation.

For example the assymetric gamepay in some of the Nintendo Land attraction (ghost mansion etc)

We have not seen the full possibilities of the Wii U yet.

End of story

you missed the whole point...try to campare it to ps4/xbox one since it's called the 8th gen console...wii u is last gen.

fuck me,how could i forget to be next gen you have to do the same shit as the other consoles. Wii U has to be conformists. Nintedo is so fucking stupid for trying something different. Sony and Microsoft defined the rules  because they have been in the business longer than anyone. 

Holy beaver these arguments are quite literally the silliest thing of all time.

The only thing that defines a console as "next-gen," is whether or not it is the "next generation" of console hardware for that particular company. For example, the Wii is still 7th gen, regardless of how much less powerful it is than the 360, simply because it was the next iteration of Nintendo's hardware. The Wii U is the next installment of Nintendo's hardware after the Wii, so therefore it is the next generation.

That's all that next-gen means. If you want to argue that it's not in the same category as the PS4 and X-Box One in terms of power, go right ahead. But that's a completely different argument. Saying that something doesn't qualify as 8th gen simply because you don't think it matches up well with other competitors is like saying the iPhone 5 doesn't really count as the next generation of iPhone because it doesn't match up well with something that comes from Samsung.

At any rate, I think it's rather hard to claim that you have "nothing but respect" for a company, and then dismiss their console as a failure a mere six months after it launched. Plenty of gaming systems have turned things around after poor starts (most recently and notably being the 3DS, another Nintendo platform coincidentally) so let's hold off on the cries of failure until we're a little deeper into this next cycle of consoles.

Around the Network

Even Jesus is enjoying this!

Nintendo and PC gamer

Wii U's tech is dated compared to PS4 and the Bone, and in some aspects beaten/outfeatured even by 7th gen consoles (HDD storage, online services, trophies, etc), but it is 8th gen.

...Dude at this point I could care less if the face of generic military man #98 look better on console A compare to console B, because I gotta say, I'm over the "next gen magic" I'll rather have a faster framerate.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

osed125 said:

Even Jesus is enjoying this!

so am i! lol