By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo's wii U truly next gen??

MohammadBadir said:
JWeinCom said:
MohammadBadir said:
it's next gen because it came out about 6 years after it's predeccesor, nothing more, nothing less

I'd actually say it's current gen.  I mean, just cause it's available currently.  *Shrug*

it had an early release :P

Xbox360 had an early release as well, does that mean it's a 6th gen console?

lol you guys don't get it..it's not about the time but the features and capabilities...which is what makes an console next gen or whatever....and wii u does not have the features and the capabilities to be an turly next gen console.

Around the Network
beast-n-beauty-queen said:
MohammadBadir said:
JWeinCom said:
MohammadBadir said:
it's next gen because it came out about 6 years after it's predeccesor, nothing more, nothing less

I'd actually say it's current gen.  I mean, just cause it's available currently.  *Shrug*

lol you guys don't get it..it's not about the time but the features and capabilities...which is what makes an console next gen or whatever....and wii u does not have the features and the capabilities to be an turly next gen console.

It's got blast processing.  Booyah.

Btw dude, not sure why you're loling too much.  Way too easily amused I guess.  *shrug chomp.*

MohammadBadir said:
JWeinCom said:
MohammadBadir said:

So OUYA is a 5th gen console?

really, if you guys shrug off anything that defends the Wii U, can you care to tell me reasons why the PS4 and Xbox One aren't current gen consoles as well? -.-

MohammadBadir said:

really, if you guys shrug off anything that defends the Wii U, can you care to tell me reasons why the PS4 and Xbox One aren't current gen consoles as well? -.-

They're not currently available? *chomp*

Inb4 PC master race points out how pathetic all of our consoles are.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
MohammadBadir said:
JWeinCom said:
MohammadBadir said:

the ouya thing is considered an console? just kidding...but seriously like i said it's about the features and capabilites...

For the same reason that the Wii isn't considered part of the 6th generation of consoles.

JWeinCom said:
MohammadBadir said:

They're not currently available? *chomp*

Inb4 PC master race points out how pathetic all of our consoles are.

like i said already, Xbox 360 launched a year earlier than the Wii and PS3, by your logic it's a 6th gen console.

can anyone even come up with any actual reasons why the Wii U isn't next gen that doesn't contradict? :P

MohammadBadir said:
MohammadBadir said:
JWeinCom said:
MohammadBadir said:

the ouya thing is considered an console? just kidding...but seriously like i said it's about the features and capabilites...

what are these "features" that the PS4 and Xbox One offer?

Lyrikalstylez said:
But I still haven't seen a proper response on why it is next gen?

i still haven't seen a proper reason on why it's last gen as well