By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo's wii U truly next gen??

There are people on this thread who actually responded to the OP. By the way what gen is PC? Forever gen? Eternal gen?

Around the Network

Along with the Xbox One, it's the only game system that can do first-party games at 1080p 60FPS. Isn't that next-gen enough?

Rafux said:
There are people on this thread who actually responded to the OP. By the way what gen is PC? Forever gen? Eternal gen?

Master Race Gen.

I don't think Nintendo cares what we think. Most of their execs don't even speak english anyway.

MDMAlliance said:
beast-n-beauty-queen said:

i would like to know..what is the one thing that makes the Wii U next gen console ?(8th gen)

is it the online online functionality ? better then xbox360 or ps3? "NO"( don't try to compare it to ps4/xbox one lol)

Raw power? twice as much then ps3/xbox360 "NO" 

Graphics? huge difference then ps3/xbox360 games? "NO" 

Memory? as big of jump as ps4/xbox one "NO"

Cpu/gpu ? far more powerful then ps3/xbox360 "NO"

Hard disk? 8gb only basic...ps4 500GB/xbox one 500GB, 8gb only, is this a joke?

Bluray? ps4 yes,xboxone yes(finally) wii u "NO"

Connectivity..usb 3.0 like ps4 and xbox one,wii U "NO"

new and freshing games?(i know there is mario,zelda,metroid,kinda games coming out) but what are the new and original ips?

3rd party support "NO" games like watch dogs,the division,battlefield 4 ect. won't be on the wii u.lame!

HOW exactly is the wii U, a next gen console, when it is not even better then the current gen consoles which came out over some 7/8 years ago? don't even try to compare it to the PS4 or the xbox one! when in many categories it's not even better or the same as ps3 or xbox one....we all know by now that nintendo really messed up this time around...when you call it Next gen on one hand and on a another hand you have to deal with "loading times" it's almost laughable...by now we shouldn't have to deal with the "loading times" yet the damn thing can't even download a demo properly...

"i have nothing but respect for them but don't call it next gen console when it's not even better then the current gen consoles. i mean no insult to the nintendo or nintendo fans...but facts are fact.(i'm a sony fan but i don't get to a point where i blindy start worshiping them...if they mess up which they did back then with the ps3's price...you just have to admit it) just like that i think nintendo fans should accept the fact wii u turned out to be an failure! Nintendo can do better then that! come on

I'll cross out all the stupid arguments you make.

you can't deny the reality my friend....you can turn an blind eye all you want..but facts are facts!

Around the Network
hellovgc said:
I don't think Nintendo cares what we think. Most of their execs don't even speak english anyway.

they are doing business...of curse they do care..when their console don't sell as much.

MDMAlliance said:

i would like to know..what is the one thing that makes the Wii U next gen console ?(8th gen)

is it the online online functionality ? better then xbox360 or ps3? "NO"( don't try to compare it to ps4/xbox one lol)

new and freshing games?(i know there is mario,zelda,metroid,kinda games coming out) but what are the new and original ips?

3rd party support "NO" games like watch dogs,the division,battlefield 4 ect. won't be on the wii u.lame!

HOW exactly is the wii U, a next gen console, when it is not even better then the current gen consoles which came out over some 7/8 years ago? don't even try to compare it to the PS4 or the xbox one! when in many categories it's not even better or the same as ps3 or xbox one....we all know by now that nintendo really messed up this time around...when you call it Next gen on one hand and on a another hand you have to deal with "loading times" it's almost laughable...by now we shouldn't have to deal with the "loading times" yet the damn thing can't even download a demo properly...

"i have nothing but respect for them but don't call it next gen console when it's not even better then the current gen consoles. i mean no insult to the nintendo or nintendo fans...but facts are fact.(i'm a sony fan but i don't get to a point where i blindy start worshiping them...if they mess up which they did back then with the ps3's price...you just have to admit it) just like that i think nintendo fans should accept the fact wii u turned out to be an failure! Nintendo can do better then that! come on

you can't deny the reality my friend....you can turn an blind eye all you want..but facts are facts!

You don't really fit in around here, do you?

hellovgc said:

they are doing business...of curse they do care..when their console don't sell as much.

that has to be the most retarded post I've seen today, are you saying Nintendo are like Microsoft? NINTENDO, out of all the fucking companies in the world, are like MICROSOFT???

well, this confirms things, you're one of those Sony extremists that think Sony does nothing wrong, that they "love their fans so much", noone can get past this kind of drones, move a long everybody

MDMAlliance said:
MDMAlliance said:

You don't really fit in around here, do you?

within nerds? maybe not lol just kidding!

what makes wiiu next gen? it can run games at 1080p and 60 fps. nuff said.

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto