By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Whats a good internet speed?

Is this a good package to get or should i buy something better?

This is good enough 12 13.79%

You need something better 75 86.21%

Total:87

20mbps download and 4mbps upload.
I`m from Brazil and I pay about 50 dollars per month for this. How about you guys? Let`s compare not only speed but the price, I want to know where the internet is cheapest and where is more expensive.

Fanatismo não leva a nada, apenas a colecionar antipatias.

Collection: Telejogo Ford-Philco, Dactar, TV Game 2600, Master System (2x), Master System Portable, NES, Dynavision 3, Mega Drive 3 (2x - Tectoy and Show Do Milhao Edition), Genesis 3, Genesis Arcade Motion, MD Play, SNES (2x), Super Famicom, Neo Geo CD, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, Nintendo 64 (2x), Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube, Xbox, Zeebo, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 (Kinect Bundle), Wii (2x - White and Red), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Around 800 games. Preferred Generation: 16 bits. 

Around the Network
BlowoverKing said:

Just tested mine and I'm getting 25mb/s download and 4.5mb/s upload (Grand Rapids, MI). Didn't even know mine was this fast, only paying for 12mb/s lol

Your company probably boosted the speeds, I know in Central MN Charter for instance has been boosting everybody's speeds over the last couple years. Recently they just bumped their lowest tier, 3mb, up to 15mb, for the exact same price.

As for mine, our owner is paying what I believe to be $110/mo for our internet alone for some ungodly reason...I won't complain cause its fast. The 2nd tier only goes to 30mb download, 2mb upload, and ours is commonly 30-40mb download (on wifi), and about 4mb upload which goes under the...$110/mo plan lol.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

i'm using wi-fi now and i was surprise i get this result...

i think it will be 2x better if i use wired connection...

Yea, is internet slowed quite a bit on wifi versus wired? I don't have a wire to test mine, I was just curious if I would see even higher results if I was wireed.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

70mb/s down 5mb/s up for me. Im in central Florida

Around the Network

I pay 30 euros for my internet-access which is not the whole truth as this also includes a phone-flat and tv.
In Germany we have several ways to get access to the internet:
1. via copper -> standard dsl, max bandwidth 18 mbit/s. bw depends on length and "quality", most people are around 6 - 8 mbit.
2. via fttx -> technologies to shorten the way to the dslam so that the copper is shorter -> more bandwidth. up to 100 mbit/s
3. via mobile -> preferably LTE but expensive, limited data plan, extremely shared medium.
4. via cable -> what i have, very good bandwidth, up to 128 mbit/s, close to no length-restrictions.
5. via satellite -> good bandwidth but horrible latency

Wow and i thought NZ was bad, I think im on about 8Mbps download.

I think 3mbps is "good enough" if you're not gonna be doing much HD streaming, and you live alone. IMO, nothing less than 8mbps is actually "good" though.

25 up 25 down under 30 ms verizon fios

Thought I'd just throw mine in the pile.