By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Just starting playing age of mythology again for the first time in a while. What a glorious soundtrack. Love the intro too. I remember watching it over and over on repeat back in the day. A gem from Microsofts glory days for sure.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
JEMC said:

And is the result worth of all the troubles to make run at 60fps?

You mean was it worth it for tweaking a patch file?, yeah I'd say it was

Really all I did was download the patch file that was linked in the tutorial video, he already had it set to unlock the fps, all I had to do was replace the existing 1.9 file and set the gamespeed to half. It really wasn't much of an issue. I feel it's within the same line as editing a config file, not much of a hassle compared to say, modding Skyrim and getting mods to play nice.

The animations look smoother, there isn't that much jutter when things get cluttered.

I also edited Generals ZH config file to give me my 1920x1080 res and also zooming the camera out further, my only issue is trying to solve the lag issue on the bigger maps when you're 15 mins into a game.

EA could really do with remastering/remaking the old C&C games, giving them higher res and texture support. They don't need a massive team to work on those old games either compared to what they had to do to make and then cancel Generals 2.

Well, by troubles I ment something more like looking for a way to do it and then config. it to make it run as you wanted/needed. But hey, if you're happy with the result, then good for you!

Also, forget about remakes of those games. First, because EA is not interested in RTS games anymore (just like most developers/publishers), and second because if they do it, the games won't launch on Steam.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Well, by troubles I ment something more like looking for a way to do it and then config. it to make it run as you wanted/needed. But hey, if you're happy with the result, then good for you!

Also, forget about remakes of those games. First, because EA is not interested in RTS games anymore (just like most developers/publishers), and second because if they do it, the games won't launch on Steam.

Eh the game never really came with a 60fps tick box and C&C 3, KW and RA3 were all made for X360 at the time, so the fps cap was in place. I don't find config files much of an issue, it's having to installe xternal mods that becomes more of an issue for me, like Skyrim and ENB's, too complicated for my liking and they still haven't refined the method to make it either a single executable or a simple config file. 

yeah I know, it was a dream I held onto all these years. EA has pretty much killed off a lot of their PC side due to the way they poorly handled things and all they have left is Sims 4 (which wasn't really all that decent, more like two steps back from an open neighbourhood to loading screen frenzy). It would be nice if another publisher like CDP were to buy those IP's from them and work on them. I need a new non always online, non consolised Sim City and a new RTS without a pop and fps cap.

It's also a shame that there aren't many devs around these days that are interested in making good C&C style RTS's anymore. MS is coming back with AoE remaster, but that looks to be attached to Win 10 store and XBL, so it's more aimed towards Xbox than purely PC. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Just came across this over on Gaf:

Alleged developer for C&C Generals 2 discusses its development and cancellation

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1361217

The way they designed C&C 4 for the Asian market with a F2P model makes sense as well as their decision to twist it into being a mainline C&C game.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

I am so sad that Vega is only on par with a 1080.

If it was dirty cheap (less than $400) I would buy two of them, but with the rumoured 300 Watts power usage and it's usage of HBM2 it means it won't be a cheap card.

I always knew the HBM tactic would be a huge failure. To try and use a high-end part that is three years immature and use it on an otherwise struggling product could only mean disaster.

To know that the manufactoring difficulties of Hynix with the totally useless gimmick HBM memory was probably what caused at least 6 months of Vega's delay is just sad, and means the card vill be laughing stock when it finally arrives in August.

My soul is about to be torn apart because I'll be forced to abandon AMD for Nvidia, which I have avoided for 15 years now.

Around the Network

Does this thread have the same problem the comg thread has? where you click on it and it loads 1 page behind? maybe truck cn fix it.

Dammit, I knew I should have ordered those parts soon as. My build was priced at $1594 and I checked a few minutes ago to find it shot up to £1638. The Zotac Amp Ext GTX 1080ti and the DDR4 Corsair 16gb RAM both went up in price as the main culprits.

I should probably get on top of it and order it asap when I wake up, lest it go up in price any further.

Pemalite said:

You would hope so. But it's still not a true 7nm process. :P

I don't really care if it's not, what I care about is what the offerings are going to be ... 

If Intel's competitors are offering 7nm technology that has comparable densities to their 10nm technology in a similar timeframe then I don't see it as a big deal plus since when did we consumers need to about this when that's the fabless chip designers issue which I assume that their educated enough on these matters ...

Pemalite said:

Well the deal was for 14nm plus it's vcariations like LPC, LPP etc'.

No reason why they couldn't expand on that at a later date if they need to. If.
Also I think Global Foundries also has a few deals with IBM for patents anyway? I would assume the same holds true with their Samsung connections.

GF are in it with a long haul with 7nm and plus they expect to iterate upon it too so I don't see where Samsung comes in the forseeable future ... 

Pemalite said:

Intel still has an edge in transistor technology though and is still a few years ahead of it's competitors. 

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/246902-intel-claims-three-year-advantage-10nm-process-wants-change-define-process-nodes

Intel 14nm process is actually a 14nm process. Samsung's isn't. Intels 10nm process will actually be a 10nm process, Samsung's isn't.

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/249075-foundry-futures-tsmc-samsung-globalfoundries-intel-gear-7nm-beyond

*snip*

As for EUV, while it's great to hope for it... At the moment it's still fairly expensive to implement (More so than multi-patterning approaches it seems). Right now Samsung seems to plan for it's introduction with it's CLN7FF+  process in 2019-2020.

Intel might introduce it much later at 5nm.

Actually Intel's 14nm process is actually closer to 16nm and their 10nm process is closer to 11nm so like it or not their numbers also don't add up ... 

By the time Intel is ready with 10nm (sounds like Canonlake is delayed to 2018), Samsung will respond in 6 months with 7nm (they'll start with DUV then go EUV with 6nm in 2019) which will have a 22% density improvement ...  

Pemalite said:

As for Investment. Intel is still competitive with Samsung on that Front. So to counter Samsungs $7 billion dollar investment... I give you Intels $7 billion dollar investment. :P
http://www.pcgamer.com/intel-is-pouring-7-billion-into-7nm-chip-production-plant-in-arizona/

Intel is also opening up it's fabs for select 3rd partys as well.
https://www.theverge.com/2016/8/16/12507568/intel-arm-mobile-chips-licensing-deal-idf-2016
http://www.pcworld.com/article/209573/article.html

So that should help drive some additional investment for Intel

Intel's investment is over a 2 year period whereas Samsung's investment is over a 1 year period so not only is Samsung spending twice as much as Intel in the same period but this does not factor in IBM and GF R&D so Samsung has even more capital to draw from ... 

It's great that Intel has started to produce ICs for other chip designers but it's too little and too late so their days at being leaders in transistor technology are over ... 

Pemalite said:

Hence the "Caveats".

Still. If there is a demand/need that process can be improved upon for high-end, power hungry chip designs.
But even that 12nm process isn't a real 12nm process anyway.

I don't know about you, but I am tired of all the bullshit "nm" marketing angles that TSMC, Samsung, Global Foundries and IBM use. It gives people the incorrect idea.

Then you should be mad at Intel too for misadvertising but these numbers have no meaning for us when it's for engineers who are the ones designing the chips ...

Pemalite said:

Hopefully Navi brings the goods.AMD doesn't have a graphics side. They aren't even really competing against nVidia right now. 

Vega will help bridge the performance gap... But that was needed 12 months ago.

Vega needed to more than double Fury X's performance to be a sound winner, that's a hard task when AMD didn't increase the amount of pipelines in their design, so most of their gains comes from efficiency gains and clocks.

It won't, AMD's only salvation is through Microsoft ... 

It wasn't AMD who solely topped Intel with the K8, they had help from Microsoft standardizing AMD64 in their Windows ABI ... 

They need to keep looking to Microsoft again so that they change the spec once more in DirectX to begin to be even remotely competitive with Nvidia. AMD needs to seriously streamline some more of their graphics hardware extensions into official optional features for DirectX ... 

The only way I can see Vega competing against Pascal is with shader model 6 games and there's none of them so far. It's just another lost generation for AMD at this point ... 

The biggest leverage AMD has so far against Nvidia is that Microsoft is on their side so they should use that partnership that they have with Xbox to extend into changing the DirectX spec ... 

My PC woes continue as it just shut off yesterday during watching a stream. Yet again it didn't boot up again and was just stuck before Windows could load. At least this time I could after some time conclude that the reason it wasn't booting up was because of USB. Whenever it was stuck I just removed all USB cables and it booted instantly.
Some months ago one of the USB ports even caused a bluescreen just by plugging something into it.

I heard of X99 chipsets and their garbage USB but now I can live it.

As for the sudden crash yesterday I don't know what could have caused it. I looked at the event viewer and there was nothing. It just shut off. I don't want to think it's the PSU or CPU again but what else could cause this?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

God damn it. I have an ant invasion! URiarhf'afa

It is time to show these hoes what happens with u mess with pcmr. Just as soon as amazon delivers my ant killers that is!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850