By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:
sethnintendo said:
All I know is I'm about to throw down 50-60 on games during Steam Summer Sale that will keep my backlog status in never catch up mode.

Wow! And I accused Quake of buying too many games during GOG's Sale, and "only" bought something like 30.

Meanwhile, I only got 3 games and one piece of DLC for one of those games.

Well I meant I was throwing down 50-60 dollars on games not buying 50-60 games. 

I picked up Tropico Reloaded, Kerbal Space Program, Panzer Tactics HD, Blitzkrieg Anthology, Red Baron Pack, and Doom for about ~46 dollars.  Last year's Doom was the only newish game that I got. 

I also sent a game to 2 of my friends.  One getting Limbo which was 2 dollars and other getting Trine 2 Complete which was 3 dollars.

My Steam backlog is probably around 60+ games though with me owning 114.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
JEMC said:

Wow! And I accused Quake of buying too many games during GOG's Sale, and "only" bought something like 30.

Well I meant I was throwing down 50-60 dollars on games not buying 50-60 games. 

I picked up Tropico Reloaded, Kerbal Space Program, Panzer Tactics HD, Blitzkrieg Anthology, Red Baron Pack, and Doom for about ~46 dollars.  Last year's Doom was the only newish game that I got. 

I also sent a game to 2 of my friends.  One getting Limbo which was 2 dollars and other getting Trine 2 Complete which was 3 dollars.

My Steam backlog is probably around 60+ games though with me owning 114.

Oh! That changes the whole meaning of the sentence

I think I've spent less than 10 € on those 3 games +DLC I got.

By the way, if you like good FPS and still don't have it, check out the Wolfenstein games. They're 10 €/$ each, but they're really worth that and more.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Last round of news for this week

SALES & "SALES"/DEALS

Valve received almost 300K refund requests during the first day of its Steam Summer Sale
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/valve-received-almost-300k-refund-requests-during-the-first-day-of-its-steam-summer-sale/
Valve launch its 2017 Steam Summer Sale on June 26th and according to its official stats, the company received 300K refund requests. And to be honest, this was to be expected. After all, most games are not coming with a free demo and a lot of gamers are using Steam’s refund system in order to try them.

>>It's because the abuse of the refund system that Steam Sales are not what they used to be. Shame on them.

Get Mortal Kombat XL for 81 percent off right now
http://www.pcgamer.com/get-mortal-kombat-xl-for-81-percent-off-right-now/
There was a time when it seemed Mortal Kombat XL wasn't going to be coming to PC at all. We got it last year though, and it contains the base game plus the two Kombat Packs, which feature extra characters including Jason Voorhees, Leatherface, and The Predator. You can grab it for 81 percent off today on Bundle Stars.

SOFTWARE

NVIDIA GeForce 384.76 WHQL driver released, optimized for Lawbreakers Beta & Spider-man: Homecoming VR
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvidia-geforce-384-76-whql-driver-optimized-lawbreakers-beta-spider-man-homecoming-vr/
NVIDIA has released a new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 384.76 WHQL driver offers optimal performance for the beta phase of Lawbreakers and for Spider-man: Homecoming VR.

>>You can download them from here.

MODS/EMULATORS

-empty-

GAMING NEWS

Here are the PC graphics settings that Star Wars: Battlefront 2 currently supports
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/pc-graphics-settings-star-wars-battlefront-2/
The closed alpha phase of Star Wars: Battlefront 2 is currently underway and some streamers have leaked the game’s PC graphics settings. While these are the graphics settings for the closed alpha build, we are pretty sure that the final version will sport the same PC graphics settings.

StarCraft: Remastered releases on August 14th, first gameplay trailer
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/starcraft-remastered-releases-on-august-14th/
Blizzard has just announced that the remastered version of StarCraft will be released on August 14th. In order to celebrate this announcement, Blizzard released a new live-action trailer and the first gameplay trailer for StarCraft: Remastered that can be viewed below.

>>As it's usually the case, Shikamo has a thread about it.

Micro Machines World Series releases today, gets launch trailer
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/micro-machines-world-series-releases-today-gets-launch-trailer/
Codemasters and Deep Silver have announced the release of Micro Machines World Series. To celebrate the launch and showcase the fun and carnage you’ll be experiencing in Micro Machines World Series, a new gameplay trailer has been unleashed, and can be viewed below.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

The news: the sequel.

Infinite Warfare's new Proteus rifle accidentally included an aimbot
http://www.pcgamer.com/infinity-warfares-new-proteus-rifle-accidentally-included-an-aimbot/
If you found yourself being unexpectedly and repeatedly smoked in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare online combat over the past day or so, you can blame the new Proteus rifle that was added in the June 27 update. It's sniper rifle/shotgun hybrid that enables the user to select highly-concentrated long-range fire or a heavy up-close punch as the situation warrants. It also, for a brief while, came with its very own built-in aimbot that enabled shooters to kill up to three enemies at once, just by pointing it in their general direction.

>>It's lol worthy.

BioWare kiboshes Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC cancellation rumor
http://www.pcgamer.com/bioware-kiboshes-mass-effect-andromeda-dlc-cancellation-rumor/
The Mass Effect rumor machine spun up quickly following a report yesterday which claimed that the planned story DLC for Mass Effect: Andromeda had been canceled. The rumor began with a Facebook message from a purported Austrian studio called Sinclair Networks, now deleted but captured by Critical Hit, claiming that its contract with BioWare to create three Andromeda DLCs had been cancelled.
Update: Electronic Arts has confirmed that the rumor is false. "We’ve never worked with Sinclair Networks and they had nothing to do with the development of Mass Effect: Andromeda," a rep said "Beyond that we don’t have any news to share at this time regarding DLC."

World of Warcraft 7.3 update takes the fight to the Legion homeworld of Argus
http://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-warcraft-73-update-takes-the-fight-to-the-legion-homeworld-of-argus/
We noted in our April look at the future of World of Warcraft that a big part of it would be, with the release of patch 7.3, a journey to Argus, the homeworld of the Burning Legion. We said at the time that the update was "easily half a year away," and while that's presumably still true, it is playable now on the WoW public test realm.

The next Hearthstone expansion will be announced next week
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-next-hearthstone-expansion-will-be-announced-next-week/
Because everyone loves an announcement of an announcement, Blizzard has pre-announced that it will announce (I'm getting dizzy) the next Hearthstone expansion during the HCT Spring Championship tournament next Thursday, July 6 at 7pm Pacific.

>>Will those announcements of an announcement ever stop? I don't know about you, but they don't excite me in the slightest.

Rain World expansion will usher in difficulty options and multiplayer
http://www.pcgamer.com/rain-world-expansion-will-usher-in-difficulty-options-and-multiplayer/
For those who bounced straight off Rain World due to its difficulty, the game's forthcoming expansion will be a good reason to return. Among other things, the update will usher in two new playable characters, basically coloured variations of the game's slugcat protagonist.

Paradox acquires Age of Wonders developer
http://www.pcgamer.com/paradox-acquires-age-of-wonders-developer/
Paradox Interactive has acquired Dutch company Triumph Studios in a multi-million euro deal. Founded in 1997, Triumph is best known for its Overlord and Age of Wonders series—and the buyout sees Paradox assume publishing rights for both as well as "all ongoing projects". In doing so, all staff and management will remain at the former.

>>Paradox must be quite big right now, given all the studios they've been buying in the last months/years.

Shenmue 3 to share 'movie clips' and 'new announcements' at Gamescom
http://www.pcgamer.com/shenmue-3-to-share-movie-clips-and-new-announcements-at-gamescom/
Shenmue 3—Ys Net's long-awaited and successfully crowdfunded series follow-up to 2001's Shenmue 2—didn't appear at E3. Earlier this month, top man Yu Suzuki explained that despite the game having become "bigger and more beautiful" than he'd first hoped, it won't be ready until the second half of 2018.
Now, a new Kickstarter backer update has teased some new information—and it looks like we could be getting some actual in-game footage at this year's Gamescom, which takes place between August 22—26.

Watch Dogs 2 update adds four player co-op next week
http://www.pcgamer.com/watch-dogs-2-update-adds-four-player-co-op-next-week/
Watch Dogs introduced the awfully-named but rather fun PvP mode Showd0wn back in April, alongside multiplayer functionality for races. Furthering its friend-fusing trend, the latest update adds four player co-op—due this Tuesday, July 4.

Lastly, like every Friday, let's see what deals are on GOG and Steam this weekend.

+GOG

There are three deals at GOG right now:

+Steam

As you all know, there will be no deals this weekend because Steam is running their Summer Sale until July 5th. Why don't you give it another look? You could find a game you missed until now.

And just like that, another week of news has passed. I hope you have a happy and very gaming weekend.

JEMC said:

By the way, if you like good FPS and still don't have it, check out the Wolfenstein games. They're 10 €/$ each, but they're really worth that and more.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll probably hold off on them until the winter sale.  A coworker told me a funny story about the new Doom.  He said it is the only game his dogs hate him playing because of the demon howling and what not.  They go up to him and knock the controller out of his hand. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
vivster said:
My PC woes continue as it just shut off yesterday during watching a stream. Yet again it didn't boot up again and was just stuck before Windows could load. At least this time I could after some time conclude that the reason it wasn't booting up was because of USB. Whenever it was stuck I just removed all USB cables and it booted instantly.
Some months ago one of the USB ports even caused a bluescreen just by plugging something into it.

I heard of X99 chipsets and their garbage USB but now I can live it.

As for the sudden crash yesterday I don't know what could have caused it. I looked at the event viewer and there was nothing. It just shut off. I don't want to think it's the PSU or CPU again but what else could cause this?

That sucks. How much did you spend on the PC? 

My laptop from 2009 is still going strong. I've a nice new alienware one for work but the DELL i bought 8 years ago never gives me problems. It has an intel i5 and uses windows 7. 

Dunno how much. 2.5k? Was worth every penny.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Kerotan said:

That sucks. How much did you spend on the PC? 

My laptop from 2009 is still going strong. I've a nice new alienware one for work but the DELL i bought 8 years ago never gives me problems. It has an intel i5 and uses windows 7. 

Jesus,  that's a lot. I can see why you're pissed it's not working right. 

sethnintendo said:
JEMC said:

Thanks for the tip.  I'll probably hold off on them until the winter sale.  A coworker told me a funny story about the new Doom.  He said it is the only game his dogs hate him playing because of the demon howling and what not.  They go up to him and knock the controller out of his hand. 

Your friend is lucly to have such nice dogs.

When I was a kid, I got a gun toy that made a metallic noise when you pull the trigger. One day I was playing it with in the living room when one of my dogs was there. The first time I used the gun, he growled at me so, being the smartass I was back then, I did it again pointing at him. He jumped off the couch and despite being a small dog, jumped at me trying to bite me. He misscalculated and I "only" ended with an hematoma with the shape of one of its canines! Needless to say, I didn't do it again

Man, I really miss that dog!

JEMC said:
sethnintendo said:
All I know is I'm about to throw down 50-60 on games during Steam Summer Sale that will keep my backlog status in never catch up mode.

50 gog games.

Kerotan said:
vivster said:

Jesus,  that's a lot. I can see why you're pissed it's not working right. 

I'm not really pissed, just a bit disappointed. Nothing a new PC can't fix.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.