By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:
God damn it. I have an ant invasion! URiarhf'afa

It is time to show these hoes what happens with u mess with pcmr. Just as soon as amazon delivers my ant killers that is!

Lure them into your PSU and turn it on!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Does this thread have the same problem the comg thread has? where you click on it and it loads 1 page behind? maybe truck cn fix it.

I've had that problem with this thread for months now. It always loads 7-8 posts earlier than it should.

Chazore said:
Dammit, I knew I should have ordered those parts soon as. My build was priced at $1594 and I checked a few minutes ago to find it shot up to £1638. The Zotac Amp Ext GTX 1080ti and the DDR4 Corsair 16gb RAM both went up in price as the main culprits.

I should probably get on top of it and order it asap when I wake up, lest it go up in price any further.

I doubt prices will go down anytime soon, but look for alternatives, basically other brands, before pulling the plug.

vivster said:
My PC woes continue as it just shut off yesterday during watching a stream. Yet again it didn't boot up again and was just stuck before Windows could load. At least this time I could after some time conclude that the reason it wasn't booting up was because of USB. Whenever it was stuck I just removed all USB cables and it booted instantly.
Some months ago one of the USB ports even caused a bluescreen just by plugging something into it.

I heard of X99 chipsets and their garbage USB but now I can live it.

As for the sudden crash yesterday I don't know what could have caused it. I looked at the event viewer and there was nothing. It just shut off. I don't want to think it's the PSU or CPU again but what else could cause this?

Seriously, that PC of yours is jinxed.

All I can say is good luck and whatever you do, don't upgrade to X299 for now.

Captain_Yuri said:
God damn it. I have an ant invasion! URiarhf'afa

It is time to show these hoes what happens with u mess with pcmr. Just as soon as amazon delivers my ant killers that is!

Good luck getting rid of those ants!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

I might not buy an X board ever agin. It's probably best to just go back to Z whenever the first 6 Core mainstream i7s drop.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
JEMC said:

I might not buy an X board ever agin. It's probably best to just go back to Z whenever the first 6 Core mainstream i7s drop.

Not a bad idea. And wait for the first revisions of those boards may be advisable too.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

fatslob-:O said:
Pemalite said:

Actually Intel's 14nm process is actually closer to 16nm and their 10nm process is closer to 11nm so like it or not their numbers also don't add up ... 

By the time Intel is ready with 10nm (sounds like Canonlake is delayed to 2018), Samsung will respond in 6 months with 7nm (they'll start with DUV then go EUV with 6nm in 2019) which will have a 22% density improvement ...  

Then you should be mad at Intel too for misadvertising but these numbers have no meaning for us when it's for engineers who are the ones designing the chips ...

Intel's process is 14 nm, or at least has a legitimate reason to call itself so. It beat the ITRS rules for 16 nm. It will be behind with their 10 nm, but still, that will be the most complex and dense node on the market for years to come.

There is very likely no Samsung 7 nm process before 2020 at least, since they just released the first generation of 10 nm and pretend to have three of them, before moving to 8 nm on DUV by 2019, and only after then 7 nm.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11337/samsung-and-tsmc-roadmaps-12-nm-8-nm-and-6-nm-added/

Hell, Samsung took three years to release a "10 nm" node barely more dense than Intel's 14 nm, which has almost no interested buyers so far besides themselves and some Snapdragon from Qualcomm (a design desperate to be competitive again), and very likely worse electric properties than Intel's 14 nm, since Intel can afford to sacrifice transistor density to have so.

Global Foundries and TSMC are much closer in density to Intel's 10 nm with their "7 nm" DUV processes, albeit still a little behind, and probably will beat Samsung's 8 nm to the market.  Throwing tons of money at something doesn't mean your product will come ahead of more experienced and equally clever competitors. Ask that to IBM.

Besides, I have a hunch that EUV processes will have to deal with low yields and high costs for a while, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were stuck on risk production for some 2 years or so. Intel seems to agree, since there will be no true 7 nm from them until 2021-2022. DUV will probably be the way to go on the 2018-2021 timeframe.

Around the Network

All I know is I'm about to throw down 50-60 on games during Steam Summer Sale that will keep my backlog status in never catch up mode.

sethnintendo said:
All I know is I'm about to throw down 50-60 on games during Steam Summer Sale that will keep my backlog status in never catch up mode.

Wow! And I accused Quake of buying too many games during GOG's Sale, and "only" bought something like 30.

Meanwhile, I only got 3 games and one piece of DLC for one of those games.

I bought Doom and The Witness, which means I'm set for Life.

vivster said:
My PC woes continue as it just shut off yesterday during watching a stream. Yet again it didn't boot up again and was just stuck before Windows could load. At least this time I could after some time conclude that the reason it wasn't booting up was because of USB. Whenever it was stuck I just removed all USB cables and it booted instantly.
Some months ago one of the USB ports even caused a bluescreen just by plugging something into it.

I heard of X99 chipsets and their garbage USB but now I can live it.

As for the sudden crash yesterday I don't know what could have caused it. I looked at the event viewer and there was nothing. It just shut off. I don't want to think it's the PSU or CPU again but what else could cause this?

That sucks. How much did you spend on the PC? 

My laptop from 2009 is still going strong. I've a nice new alienware one for work but the DELL i bought 8 years ago never gives me problems. It has an intel i5 and uses windows 7. 

First time I've spent money in a steam sale for years. Got Offworld Trading Company and Golf with your Friends... xD