By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

I assure you, that despite being April 1st, this is real (and if it isn't, I'll change it and you won't be able to prove me wrong):

*** NEW CONTEST ***

Win an MSI MPG 321URX QD-OLED 4K 240Hz gaming monitor
https://www.club386.com/win-an-msi-mpg-321urx-qd-oled/
or https://gleam.io/gqfCQ/win-an-msi-mpg-321urx-qdoled-monitor

This contest is limited to legal residents of the United Kingdom and Europe.

Good luck!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

Started playing Lies of P and holy shit why didn't anyone tell me it was this good.

Not sure why it got an 81 on Meta, it's better than Nioh/Star Wars Jedi and even Dark Souls II.

Sure, your weapon hitbox could be a little longer but otherwise, I have zero complaints so far.

I have it wishlisted - will get eventually lol

https://overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/leaker-claims-amd-zen-5-cpus-are-40-faster-than-last-gen/

The source of the leak, Kepler, has a good track record, making it more believable than others. But, from what I've read, SPEC has several tests and can stress the CPU in different ways, and given that he didn't specify if that 40% is on average across all tests or just in one specific test, we should take that number with a grain of salt. 

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Keep in mind, as I've noticed before, that these performance rumors have been broadly similar across previous Zen generations, which might be indicative of just an internal target or active misinformation (from AMD themselves or the leakers' sources).

Around the Network

The previous rumor/leak about Zen5's performance that I remember was from last year and claimed 10-15% IPC increase based on some internal slides from AMD, but the source was Moore's Law is Dead:

https://www.techpowerup.com/314231/amd-zen-5-microarchitecture-referenced-in-leaked-slides

We'll see how it performs in the end and how much of that increased performance comes because of IPC improvements and how much from running at higher frequencies.

The latest leak is about some engineering samples, with a 6-core one having a 105W TDP, same as the current 7600X, and an 8-core part with a 170W TDP, a noticeable increase from the 105W of the 7700X and matching that of the higher-end 7950X and 7900X parts. But they are engineering samples, and so not entirely reliable.

Finally finished Borderlands GOTY Enhanced.

@JEMC - you told me few months ago that you were surprised that I had so many hours in my Borderlands GOTY (original) - since I had clocked in about 63 hours.

Well I clocked in about 62 hours on the Enhanced version as well - 10+ years later lmao.

I was trying to do all the missions and side quests - but I just couldnt do like 5-6 of them because they were too tedious grinding and time consuming. Also one of them required me to do another playthrough in order to be high level enough to finish the mission.

Anyways, I finished the base game (and completed like 95% of the missions) alongside finished all 3 DLC main stories and finished like more than 90% of all the side missions so I feel satisfied and eager to play something different now lol

Kinda crazy looking back - beat the original back in 2013 and now 10+ years later finished the enhanced version. I'll play 2 later....lol

Edit: For some strange reason it shows on the Steam store page that this version was released in August 2023....but I started it about a year ago - weird lol

Last edited by BasilZero - on 01 April 2024

BasilZero said:

Edit: For some strange reason it shows on the Steam store page that this version was released in August 2023....but I started it about a year ago - weird lol

If you need the correct date: the enhanced GOTY version was released April 3rd 2019.

Conina said:

If you need the correct date: the enhanced GOTY version was released April 3rd 2019.

Yes, I knew that already - just found it weird that the storage page had 2023 lol.

Game: Borderlands GOTY Enhanced

Genre: First Person Shooter RPG

Publisher: 2K

Developer: Gearbox Software, Blind Squirrel Games

Year of Release: 2019

System: Steam (PC)

Basil's Score: 89 out of 100

Length of Playthrough: 62 Hours

+Upgraded visuals, map added to HUD and a fast travel option

-No fast travel in DLCs, too many back and forth fetch quests

----

Score wise comparison...