By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:

Inno3D Unveils GeForce RTX 4070 & 4060 Ti GPUs With Hidden Power Connectors

https://wccftech.com/inno3d-unveils-geforce-rtx-4070-4060-ti-gpus-with-hidden-power-connectors/

Good idea, but it could be improved. EVGA put the power connector at the end of the card years ago, and it's surprising that others haven't followed that path. Also, if you're going to put it in the middle of the card, at least put it at an angle so you won't have to turn the cables 90º once you hit the motherboard.

But well, at least it looks clean, and it's a better solution than ASUS's propietary mobo power headers.

Captain_Yuri said:

Dead space hasn't been fixed outside of the memory leak with vram so massive stutters still. The rest saw improvements but still have some issues.

So the only game that's still crap is the only EA game? For some reason, I'm not surprised.

I hope they do better than that with Jedi: Survivor.

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

SEGA has announced a new 2.5D Sonic game, Sonic Superstars
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/sega-has-announced-a-new-2-5d-sonic-game-sonic-superstars/
SEGA has just announced a new Sonic game, Sonic Superstars. Sonic Superstars will be a 2.5D platformer, meaning that it will have 3D models but a 2D perspective. The game will release in Fall 2023, and below you can find its debut gameplay trailer.

PC demo for Dark Souls-inspired Lies of P available for download
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/pc-demo-for-dark-souls-inspired-lies-of-p-available-for-download/
NEOWIZ has announced that its Dark Souls-inspired game, Lies of P, will release on September 19th. In order to celebrate this announcement, the publisher has shared a new trailer for it. Moreover, NEOWIZ released a demo for it that you can download right now from Steam.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Rebirth gets a Summer Game Fest 2023 Gameplay Trailer
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/final-fantasy-vii-remake-rebirth-gets-a-summer-game-fest-2023-gameplay-trailer/
Square Enix has released the Summer Game Fest 2023 gameplay trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake Rebirth. This trailer will give you a glimpse at the game’s graphics and art style, so be sure to watch it if you are fans of the series.

The new sonic game looks surprisingly better than I was expecting.

Lies of P so far looks very well optimized based on what I have seen on twitter. I might buy it when it comes out if they keep it up.

As usual, SE loves their Sony exclusivity. While it is coming to PC, I sadly won't be able to resist playing it on my ps5 as soon as it comes out.

I'm torn with the Sonic game. The 3D models don't have the charm of the 2D ones, and the camera seems to get too close from time to time to be able to see where you're going.

It's a bit like the new Prince of Persia, that looks more like a 2D Immortals Fenyx Rising, than a PoP game.

I gave up on Final Fantasy a long time ago, their exclusivities no longer bother me.

Captain_Yuri said:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 Gaming GPUs Revenue Ramping 40% Faster Than Ampere, Majority Still Without RTX

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-40-gaming-gpus-revenue-ramping-much-faster-than-ampere-majority-still-without-rtx/

*pic*

Suffices to say, those stats aren't exactly good as $699 being accumulative sell through is very yikes. But it is also miss leading as Nvidia has only recently launched products under $700 with the 4070. Majority of the install base is also on GTX and only 18% are faster than 3060.

Well, no wonder they're selling more $699 cards than before! Every Ada GPU they're launched so far except the 4070 and 4060Ti are priced at that point or above.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Some intern from Atlus screwed up and leaked Persona 3 Reloaded (Xbox Series, Windows and Game Pass)

BasilZero said:

Another Persona game alongside Persona 3 Reloaded coming - Persona 5 Tactics

I swear, between the Korean rating board, the MSoft store and the idiots that post tweets too soon, half the new games we find out about come from leaks rather than announcements.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
BasilZero said:

Some intern from Atlus screwed up and leaked Persona 3 Reloaded (Xbox Series, Windows and Game Pass)

BasilZero said:

Another Persona game alongside Persona 3 Reloaded coming - Persona 5 Tactics

I swear, between the Korean rating board, the MSoft store and the idiots that post tweets too soon, half the new games we find out about come from leaks rather than announcements.

I'm fine with that lol

Captain_Yuri said:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 Gaming GPUs Revenue Ramping 40% Faster Than Ampere, Majority Still Without RTX

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-40-gaming-gpus-revenue-ramping-much-faster-than-ampere-majority-still-without-rtx/

Suffices to say, those stats aren't exactly good as $699 being accumulative sell through is very yikes. But it is also miss leading as Nvidia has only recently launched products under $700 with the 4070. Majority of the install base is also on GTX and only 18% are faster than 3060.

Their chart claims PC gaming is getting "stronger", yet the Steam hw survey is telling a completely different story.

Does Nvidia assume literally any GPU bought is strictly used only for PC gaming, or are they still ignoring people buying GPU's for rendering/Crypto these days and thinking literally everyone is buying 4090's just for gaming?.

PC gaming in Nvidia's case won't be getting "stronger" till at least next gen, assuming prices actually do start to drop, but even then, I won't really consider it strong, if we see another 2-5 gens of fake frame shit and DLSS reliance. Call me back when we've gone back to elbow and grease benches nvidia, then we'll talk about actual strength gains. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Their chart claims PC gaming is getting "stronger", yet the Steam hw survey is telling a completely different story.

Does Nvidia assume literally any GPU bought is strictly used only for PC gaming, or are they still ignoring people buying GPU's for rendering/Crypto these days and thinking literally everyone is buying 4090's just for gaming?.

PC gaming in Nvidia's case won't be getting "stronger" till at least next gen, assuming prices actually do start to drop, but even then, I won't really consider it strong, if we see another 2-5 gens of fake frame shit and DLSS reliance. Call me back when we've gone back to elbow and grease benches nvidia, then we'll talk about actual strength gains. 

Well I think it's just based on how many user growth steam has and whatever data newzoo is providing them with. Not necessarily about their gpus.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Well I think it's just based on how many user growth steam has and whatever data newzoo is providing them with. Not necessarily about their gpus.

Then it makes no sense for them to chart other hw that isn't their own and claim it's getting stronger in relation to them with their products.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Then it makes no sense for them to chart other hw that isn't their own and claim it's getting stronger in relation to them with their products.

Well charts like this is mostly for investors than anything else. They are showing shareholders and such that PC gaming is still growing so it's worth continued investments instead of going full on muh Ai.

Hence the "During the Bank of America Global Technology Conference, NVIDIA"s SVP of Gaming, Jeff Fisher, sat down to discuss the state of the GeForce gaming segment & what we can expect in the years ahead of us" etc.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Chazore said:

Is it telling a different story?

• concurrent user peak has gone up over 50% since 2020 (from 20 to over 30 million concurrent users).
  • concurrent Steam gamers in-game has also gone up ~50% since 2020 (from 6 to 9 million concurrent users in-game).
  • within the growing userbase Nvidia kept its share of ~75%
  • PC games revenue has also grown the last few years

Last edited by Conina - on 09 June 2023

Steam summer sale starts June 29th this year according to SteamDB.

Anyone planning to buying anything specific?

Depends on the discount amount but I have my eyes on Pockey and Rocky Reshrined, Megaman Battle Network, Planet Lana, and Warhammer Boltgun. Certainly will put my 4090 through a workout for sure.