By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

I cant think of what to buy.

I'll probably get some of the NIS games that got ported over if the discount gets better.

But I might hold off and buy them on Humble for the 20% discount.

I might get some of the Steam only anime/japanese games lol.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

That's probably also the reason why Intel/AMD don't bother having Altera/Xilinx develop dedicated upscaling/ray tracing FPGAs for their GPUs. They could likely come up with industry-leading stuff in that regard but it simply wouldn't be worth the investment.

But maybe one of them still might in the chiplet era, I don't know.

GPU chiplets are super super hard.

You can't turn the GPU cores into chiplets because you need low latency and high bandwidth... Both things that chiplets heavily impact.

CPU cores can get away with it... Because CPU cores aren't transferring upwards of several terabytes of data per second.

AMD's approach was to actually break up their memory interface and have lots of memory interfaces instead.

So instead of having a single 384bit interfacing directly with memory, AMD has made 12x 32bit interfaces.
Each chiplet is thus housing two 2x32bit interfaces, which interfaces directly with DRAM to make a cumulative 384bit interface.

It also means instead of 1x fabric going from one large memory controller to the CCD like on a Ryzen CPU, there are 6x fabrics which can do 900GB/s of bi-directional traffic... Each.
Suddenly they have more than enough bandwidth to interface the GPU cores to the memory interface... But still not enough for multiple GPU core chiplets.

It also does mean that there is very little room to interface additional chips to AMD GPU's as the memory controller chiplet approach takes up most of the surrounding area around the cores themselves.

But I could see them integrating them into the memory controller chiplets at a later date... Sadly I don't think we will ever see the holy grail of multi-GPU chiplets due to the lack of bandwidth with the infinity link.

But I do see a future where we have stacked GPU chiplet dies just like how we stack cache on CPU's now.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Captain_Yuri said:

Well charts like this is mostly for investors than anything else. They are showing shareholders and such that PC gaming is still growing so it's worth continued investments instead of going full on muh Ai.

Hence the "During the Bank of America Global Technology Conference, NVIDIA"s SVP of Gaming, Jeff Fisher, sat down to discuss the state of the GeForce gaming segment & what we can expect in the years ahead of us" etc.

Then they are deceiving investors if they aren't going to show general user hardware, and just inflate what little they have sold this generation (outside of the obvious 4080/90 purchases, because multiple sites and stores report not selling much of the mid to lower tier cards, so it is obvious Nvidia is the one lying).

PC gaming has always been growing though, which is why I don't see why investors need to even be told this, it's akin to grass being green and the sky being blue. I feel this is just big fluff from them, and trying to spin this gen as a rousing success, despite the actual sales not being made world wide.

I hope that conference was talking about what they cannot expect, if they are to keep staying the same course (projections should be pointing this out and not lying about what to expect, but I know people are fickle to stoop to that low, and not use averages).

This all reminds me of the time MS stopped boasting about Xbox hardware sales numbers, and instead defaulted to "number of Xbox users" (which was around the time they started requiring Switch owners to sign into XBL network on Minecraft, and asking PS owners to do the same, to inflate those numbers and make it look like they generated new users overnight, much like what Epic is doing now with buying games/studios and requiring new users make an EG account, or being added to their pool via EoS that is implanted firmly on Steam now). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Conina said:

Is it telling a different story?

• concurrent user peak has gone up over 50% since 2020 (from 20 to over 30 million concurrent users).
  • concurrent Steam gamers in-game has also gone up ~50% since 2020 (from 6 to 9 million concurrent users in-game).
  • within the growing userbase Nvidia kept its share of ~75%
  • PC games revenue has also grown the last few years

I'm more about the hardware talk than the amount of users being added to Steam.

Not too long ago, Nvidia recently pointed out users still being stuck at 1080p, which also happened to use Steam's survey, which is what I am getting at.

Refer to my recent post to see what I am talking about, in relation to Nvidia's claims.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

BasilZero said:

Steam summer sale starts June 29th this year according to SteamDB.

Anyone planning to buying anything specific?

Back in February, Club386 posted an article with all the Steam sales and event for 2023: https://www.club386.com/add-these-steam-sale-dates-to-your-diary-to-help-save-on-pc-game-purchases/

And yes, the Summer Sale will take place between June 29 and July 13. And before that we'll get the Next Fest (19-26 June), where we may get some discounts but it's more likely that we'll get new demos from upcoming games.

As for something planned to buy, my answer is no. I'll check the deals, for sure, but I don't know if I'll get anything. I already have a big enough backlog!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Back in February, Club386 posted an article with all the Steam sales and event for 2023: https://www.club386.com/add-these-steam-sale-dates-to-your-diary-to-help-save-on-pc-game-purchases/

And yes, the Summer Sale will take place between June 29 and July 13. And before that we'll get the Next Fest (19-26 June), where we may get some discounts but it's more likely that we'll get new demos from upcoming games.

As for something planned to buy, my answer is no. I'll check the deals, for sure, but I don't know if I'll get anything. I already have a big enough backlog!

I miss when Steam used to do special events like a mini game and have special badges, etc.

Now its all on the Points Shop (which I still like lol).

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Well charts like this is mostly for investors than anything else. They are showing shareholders and such that PC gaming is still growing so it's worth continued investments instead of going full on muh Ai.

Hence the "During the Bank of America Global Technology Conference, NVIDIA"s SVP of Gaming, Jeff Fisher, sat down to discuss the state of the GeForce gaming segment & what we can expect in the years ahead of us" etc.

Then they are deceiving investors if they aren't going to show general user hardware, and just inflate what little they have sold this generation (outside of the obvious 4080/90 purchases, because multiple sites and stores report not selling much of the mid to lower tier cards, so it is obvious Nvidia is the one lying).

PC gaming has always been growing though, which is why I don't see why investors need to even be told this, it's akin to grass being green and the sky being blue. I feel this is just big fluff from them, and trying to spin this gen as a rousing success, despite the actual sales not being made world wide.

I hope that conference was talking about what they cannot expect, if they are to keep staying the same course (projections should be pointing this out and not lying about what to expect, but I know people are fickle to stoop to that low, and not use averages).

This all reminds me of the time MS stopped boasting about Xbox hardware sales numbers, and instead defaulted to "number of Xbox users" (which was around the time they started requiring Switch owners to sign into XBL network on Minecraft, and asking PS owners to do the same, to inflate those numbers and make it look like they generated new users overnight, much like what Epic is doing now with buying games/studios and requiring new users make an EG account, or being added to their pool via EoS that is implanted firmly on Steam now). 

Well the slides they have shown aren't all that bad honestly. Every tech company sugar coats their investors so that's nothing new. They aren't gonna tell Investors their bad side cause that would be dumb lol. Come on, you should know this. No company in the world would show people their bad side unless they are forced to. Investors can find that out if they did research but Nvidia or any other company aren't going to voluntarily say, "we have less shipments of gaming gpus year over year so invest on us!" Also there's plenty of investors that don't know anything about PC gaming.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X3D 6-Core 3D V-Cache Desktop CPU Leaks Out: The Best Gaming Chip For AM4

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-5-5600x3d-6-core-3d-v-cache-desktop-cpu-leak-best-am4-gaming-chip/

Well that's unexpected and random, especially as the 5800X3D is already so cheap

Gigabyte RTX 30/40 PCBs are cracking, the company rejects RMA claims

https://videocardz.com/newz/gigabyte-rtx-30-40-pcbs-are-cracking-the-company-rejects-rma-claims

Gigacuck strikes again. Get those anti sag braces if you don't have one already.

Intel XeSS is now available in over 50 games

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-xess-is-now-available-in-over-50-games

"The competition for XeSS is strong. NVIDIA has just reached over 300 games and applications that support DLSS1 and 2 and over 30 with DLSS3, while AMD is quickly gaining support from game developers with over 200 games and 100 games supporting newer FSR2 technology."

Certainly DLSS and FSR has a lot more game support but it is good to see Intel getting support as their userbase is a lot less.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Oh wow a 5600X3D does sound really good seeing as AM4 is still a really popular platform. Given that a 5800X3D is around $300 rn. If this is cheaper (or gets drops soon after launch) this X3D would be a great get for people who have older Zen processors.

BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

I miss when Steam used to do special events like a mini game and have special badges, etc.

Now its all on the Points Shop (which I still like lol).

Yeah, they were more engaging. Not all the games were good, tho, and sometimes you ended in a group that didn't gave a crap about it or whatever and you didn't get any reward besides taking part in it, but it was better than the nothing we have now.

And well, the flash sales were amazing, but they brought too much work to the support team and had to go.

Captain_Yuri said:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X3D 6-Core 3D V-Cache Desktop CPU Leaks Out: The Best Gaming Chip For AM4

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-5-5600x3d-6-core-3d-v-cache-desktop-cpu-leak-best-am4-gaming-chip/

Well that's unexpected and random, especially as the 5800X3D is already so cheap

Gigabyte RTX 30/40 PCBs are cracking, the company rejects RMA claims

https://videocardz.com/newz/gigabyte-rtx-30-40-pcbs-are-cracking-the-company-rejects-rma-claims

Gigacuck strikes again. Get those anti sag braces if you don't have one already.

Intel XeSS is now available in over 50 games

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-xess-is-now-available-in-over-50-games

"The competition for XeSS is strong. NVIDIA has just reached over 300 games and applications that support DLSS1 and 2 and over 30 with DLSS3, while AMD is quickly gaining support from game developers with over 200 games and 100 games supporting newer FSR2 technology."

Certainly DLSS and FSR has a lot more game support but it is good to see Intel getting support as their userbase is a lot less.

The 5600X3D is a compteley unexpected product. Maybe there are too many defective 5800X3D chips and AMD has decided to put them in good use, even if it's so late in its lifecycle.

But this bodes well for an hypothetical 7600X3D.

Gigabyte continues to show how little they care about its customers. I don't think anyone affected by this or the Diablo IV problem will ever buy a Gigabyte card.

It's good that those three upscaling techs get adopted. Hopefully, one day, we'll get a standard tech that works with all three vendors.

And I have to say that Nvidia has some balls using DLSS3 slides and benches to promote how fast the 4060Ti is when it only has 30 games that support it. I know, I know that the number will still grow, but mostly for newer games, not old ones, and we don't know how much good will DLSS3 do in that card (and lower end ones) since it will be hampered by the 8GB of VRAM and the 128-bit bus.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.