By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Yeah looks great. The scope is insane. And thats the base game, can't imagine how it will be like when there's a load of mods for it as well.

Its like if Star Citizen was a complete game and not trying to scam people out of their monies.

Around the Network

Scamcitizen player seeing this game after spending $10,000 on a virtual ship

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I watched a bit of the presentation, but it was all CGI sorry, "in-engine" stuff that doesn't do anything for me. I'll watch it later or wait until I do the news tomorrow to find out what they announced.

Captain_Yuri said:

Alright it was a good conference. I'll post some of the trailers I am interested in:

*snip*

Thank you for posting them, you've saved me from posting 7 articles tomorrow .

Cities: Skylines 2 looks like it comes with some (hopefully most) of the stuff they added to the first game throught DLCs, which is great. But I'm not a big fan of the graphics, to be honest. The diorama look of the first one gave it personality and made it stand out.

hinch said:

Yeah looks great. The scope is insane. And thats the base game, can't imagine how it will be like when there's a load of mods for it as well.

Its like if Star Citizen was a complete game and not trying to scam people out of their monies.

The problem with titles as ambitious as Star Citizen is that by the time they launch, other games have managed to do the same, or very close, leving them in a strange place.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

And of course... The presentation that made my day...

45 minutes of orgasm

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

PC Gaming Show starting in about 40 minutes. I'll either skip or run it in background. Hopefully they will announce a release date for Age of Mythology Definitive Edition. Here's the link if you want to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/live/cFzaH3801WY?feature=share

Around the Network

Green man gaming is giving 20% off starfield pre-orders on PC

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/starfield-pc/

Keep in mind that if it turns out to be shit, you won't get a refund so best to wait till reviews which I am sure will come out before the game launches

JEMC said:

The problem with titles as ambitious as Star Citizen is that by the time they launch, other games have managed to do the same, or very close, leving them in a strange place.

True. Another thing I would say is that they (Cloud Imperium Games) are just feature creeping it to hell and milking it as hard as they can, for as long as they can. Its like they have no intention of completing it when the money keeps pouring in. They make millions per month still, its insane. People spending thousands on in-game items as if they are investments lol.

Whereas you have Bethesda this September, you can play a play akin to a SC, be an RPG space sim, an actual complete game with a lot of the same type of features and more. Which you can buy for $70 or rent on GP. And will get a lot of updates, mods etc for it. Granted they are still doing their own thing with SC being more of an MMO you can play/explore with others.

Also Starfield PC requirements below

SSD required which is interesting. Those are some beefy specs needed too.

Last edited by hinch - on 11 June 2023

Those requirement aren't as bad as I thought they'd be, but it's still pretty hefty. Watched the whole video, and my takeaway is that it's brimming with potential but carries some of the classical Bethesda quirks and issues. For me, the animations and models are not that impressive, and the combat looks kind of flat and weightless. The latter was an issue in Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 as well, Bethesda just aren't skilled at creating engaging and weighty combat. Nothing that mods can't fix later on!
As for the concept itself, I'm really loving it, especially the ships and bases, and companions. Looks like you can build yourself a small empire, and the tools themselves look really great. Space exploration and combat looks fun, albeit a tad simple, I imagine a controller will be superior for these sections.

All in all, I'm excited to see more, but the issues I'm seeing are unlikely to be remedied before launch, as they're more or less a staple of Bethesda-developed games. When factoring in mods, this is easily the most exciting game on the horizon right now, there's no limit to what the modding community can do with this baseline.

Edit; how can I forget to mention the Adoring Fan Easter-egg! It's even the same voice actor, or someone eerily good at mimicking that voice. One of the highlights of the presentation for me, especially the part where they're approaching him from behind atop a cliff, seemingly wanting to shove or shoot him down the mountainside. Great stuff!

hinch said:
JEMC said:

True. Another thing I would say is that they (Cloud Imperium Games) are just feature creeping it to hell and milking it as hard as they can, for as long as they can. Its like they have no intention of completing it when the money keeps pouring in. They make millions per month still, its insane. People spending thousands on in-game items as if they are investments lol.

Whereas you have Bethesda this September, you can play a play akin to a SC, be an RPG space sim, an actual complete game with a lot of the same type of features and more. Which you can buy for $70 or rent on GP. And will get a lot of updates, mods etc for it. Granted they are still doing their own thing with SC being more of an MMO you can play/explore with others.

Also Starfield PC requirements below

SSD required which is interesting. Those are some beefy specs needed too.

If you want the MMO experience, Elite: Dangerous has been available for several years now.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryzen-5-5600x3d-6-core-cpu-with-3d-v-cache-is-reportedly-coming

5600X3D would be interesting, in theory performing very close to a 5800X3D in most titles. But they're just rejected 5800X3Ds, no new CPUs.

EDIT: oh, this was already discussed, lol.

I think Zen3+ for desktops on a 6nm node would make sense even with Zen 4 out and Zen 5 coming because the demand for AM4 will remain high for years and the production costs could be lowered.

Last edited by episteme - on 11 June 2023