By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Reading that FF XVI article comments section nearly gave me an aneurism.

PC ports aren't "harder to make these days", it's that the higher ups don't give a shit, I mean just look at wtf is going on at Blizzard, look what SE/Ubishit are doing, peddling NFT bs. It's not a "oh PC hardware is the problem".

We're not stuck back in the 2000's. Can some folks get out of those damned time capsules and start reading the world for what it is, not what it was. 

I feel like we're the only ones on this entire site, within this forum, that know about the issues Unreal Engine presents to PC ports, among other engine related issues, and everyone else on the site is just like "PC port hard/too expensive".

I'm just going to be straight up blunt; I feel like the site is slipping back into it's warring mode, especially with the whole Xbox vs Sony ABK shit going on, and PC ports being shit since last year. I don't want to say which faction is causing most of the rabble, but let's be honest, we all know which faction got purged the most years back, especially a bunch of known trolls who kept ragging on at least 3 platforms at once. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

If you think that's warring mode already, you surely weren't around circa 2008-2010.

Captain_Yuri said:

Well the problem is that the 7600 is being flanked by two GPUs that are realistically better buys. A 6700 gives you 10GB of vram and costs about the same and the upcoming 4060 which gives you DLSS 3 and significantly better efficiency. Now personally I'd be choosing the 6700 but the problem with 7600 is there is no real reason to choose it over the other two. It has the same shit vram as the 4060 but it sucks 4060 Ti levels of power while not having Nvidia goodies such as DLSS 3, Reflex, etc. And 6700 is not only faster but has more vram for almost the same money. So why would anyone choose it?

Honestly this should have been $200 and 4060 $230 or $250.

The big question with the 4060 will be how it performs. I'm fairly sure we'll get some benchmarks here too that have negative growth compared to the 3060 like the 4060Ti did compared to the 3060Ti, so the question is how much it improves over the 3060 on average. If that improvement is as small as it was with the Ti version (or even worse), then the 7600 would have more raw performance for a lower price, making the markup for DLSS3 and lower power draw a bit hefty in that price class imo.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Well the problem is that the 7600 is being flanked by two GPUs that are realistically better buys. A 6700 gives you 10GB of vram and costs about the same and the upcoming 4060 which gives you DLSS 3 and significantly better efficiency. Now personally I'd be choosing the 6700 but the problem with 7600 is there is no real reason to choose it over the other two. It has the same shit vram as the 4060 but it sucks 4060 Ti levels of power while not having Nvidia goodies such as DLSS 3, Reflex, etc. And 6700 is not only faster but has more vram for almost the same money. So why would anyone choose it?

Honestly this should have been $200 and 4060 $230 or $250.

The big question with the 4060 will be how it performs. I'm fairly sure we'll get some benchmarks here too that have negative growth compared to the 3060 like the 4060Ti did compared to the 3060Ti, so the question is how much it improves over the 3060 on average. If that improvement is as small as it was with the Ti version (or even worse), then the 7600 would have more raw performance for a lower price, making the markup for DLSS3 and lower power draw a bit hefty in that price class imo.

Well as GN said, AMD didn't cut the price right before launch for no reason. They likely had info about the 4060 performance and decided that cutting the price would the best course of action in order for the 7600 to compete against the 4060. But regardless of which, I don't think either the 7600 or a 4060 is a good buy since you can simply get a 6700 10GB for $280. Personally I'd get RDNA 2 than either 7600/4060/4060 Ti gpus.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Pemalite said:

Normally I wouldn't give two shits that GPU's like the RTX 4060/RX 7600 have only 8GB because they are more budget conscious parts where price reflects the specifications.
Except the price isn't reflecting the specs or the performance.

It is all a side grade at best and a performance regression at worst.

And to advertise it as a "1080P" part is disingenuous.
1440P is the mid-range resolution these days... And mid-range parts should be competent at managing that many pixels.

GPU manufacturers are screwing themselves over, hopefully it results in reduced marketshare and we get a price correction... Because that is the issue, price.
The 4060Ti would have been far better at a RTX 3050 price point.

It all reminds me of their respective FX chips. AMD FX CPUs and NVidias disastrous FX 5000 series (dubbed by PCGH as "The hairdryer" due to the noise and because you can quite literally use it as one")

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Well as GN said, AMD didn't cut the price right before launch for no reason. They likely had info about the 4060 performance and decided that cutting the price would the best course of action in order for the 7600 to compete against the 4060. But regardless of which, I don't think either the 7600 or a 4060 is a good buy since you can simply get a 6700 10GB for $280. Personally I'd get RDNA 2 than either 7600/4060/4060 Ti gpus.

Same, RDNA2 is the way to go right now.

The big question here is how long the stocks last. Better grab one quickly if you need something in their performance range as the stocks seem to be dwindling slowly.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Same, RDNA2 is the way to go right now.

The big question here is how long the stocks last. Better grab one quickly if you need something in their performance range as the stocks seem to be dwindling slowly.

Yeah I wouldn't wait if you need a new graphics card in the $300 price range since RDNA 2 makes the rest reduntant. And stock seems to be selling, and will likely dry up my the end of next month. Waiting any more and you'd be stuck with either 8GB cards or waiting even longer to see if AMD launches anything worthwhile to replace the 6700XT, aka the 7700XT.

Deals wise there's some crazy ones out there for RX6000. Like in the UK, you can pick up a dual slot 6700XT, from Amazon for £285 after ASUS's rebate (£350 without).

Lol Nvidia's revenue has gone up over the previous quarter beating the estimates by $670 Million. GPU market is truly fucked.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Gaming and Datacenter both increased massively vs previous quarter.

Here is AMD's financials if anyone wanted to compare