By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Meanwhile Intel stocks got rekt over the last 5 years

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:

Captain_Yuri said:

I REALLY don't wanna have to subscribe to Adobe. Hopefully their competition will be able to continue competing in this new era.

Adobe Stock has hundreds of millions of images to source their stuff, I fear that will be hard to compete for anyone else especially if legislators start clamping down on the amount of copyrighted content in other generative models nowadays.

Alan Wake 2 digital release only on consoles. EGS exclusive at launch - www.alanwake.com/story/alan-wake-2-faq/

"There are currently no plans to release Alan Wake 2 on disc.

What different versions of Alan Wake 2 will be available?

Standard Edition: Includes the Alan Wake 2 digital base game.

Price: $49.99 / €49.99 / £39.99 on PC and $59.99 / €59.99 / £49.99 on Consoles"

For crap sakes.. Will wait then.

hinch said:
Cyran said:

While I not one to defend Jay's channel normally in this case Jay had very little involvement in that video because he had recently had a surgery and clearly his team was not ready to do a review video without him.  Jay have since release a video apologizing for the video and it has been taken down.  It was a very bad video that should never off been release but I very much doubt he received a penny from Nvidia for it.

His apology video 

Saw that video. Pulling the video and putting up an apology seems more like a reactionary than anything. Though I do wish him well. It was more of a jest but you have to admit he does act a little suspicious when it comes to Nvidia lol. Like half their tests and results were games with RT or benchmarks of RT performance and then they had the 2060 in there, just like Nvidia's slides (funny that) putting big emphasis on how big of a jump it is verses that and calling it it the best jump since the Pascal years and telling people to go out and buy it. $400, yo.. DLSS3, great power consumption.. its the GTX 1060 of this generation. Like what?

I'd like to say its techtuber thing when they get sent so much free stuff to review, it clouds their judgement. But I don't know how they can factor in such a small gen on gen upgrade and even regression from the 3060Ti but having to rely on things like frame gen (which doesn't increase performance but makes games feel like they run smoother) saying this as I do like the tech. That and their testings with RT.

The card is an a piece of shit for the money and should've been called the 4050Ti and priced less. You'd have to be a little out of touch to have people testing this gear impartially to come to the conclusion that this is a decent generational leap and great card for $400 and something worthy of full recommendation. I guess that's the reason why Jay took it down. Because it makes them look ridiculous.

Yeah. Definitely reactionary.

The 4060Ti isn't a bad card per-say. It's just a shit price and positioned poorly and should have been the 4050Ti.
If it was cheaper than the 3060Ti by a significant margin, then I don't think many would complain because performance per-dollar would have gone up... And I think we are all sick and tired of the high prices at this point.

nVidia is pivoting to sell us less silicon but more software, DLSS3 was meant to make up any performance shortfalls relative to the 3060Ti.

episteme said:

a $249 7600 would have had positive reviews I guess. I think it will be below that before the 4060 non Ti releases.
But even at $199 it wouldn't fly off the shelves because people wanna upgrade from 8GB, not to 8GB.

What's worrying about the 7600 is the little advancement in efficiency compared to the 6600 series.

What I find odd is that the RX 7600 isn't a chiplet design which is designed to reduce costs... And allows for chiplets to be used across an entire product stack and thus leverage scales of economies.

AMD just needed to build the compute die and take those memory cache dies from the 7900 and bundle a couple less.

I understand why they didn't... Because chiplets are less efficient.

In saying that, expect to see some improvement with the 7600's performance over the next year or so... We know how AMD's driver game works these days... New designs take time to get tapped out.

hinch said:

At bold, 100%. All the entry level cards are intentially handicapped with poor memory bandwidth and bus this generation. Which would be fine if they were 50 class cards and closer to $200. But here we are with $269-500 craptastic cards with performance that barely edges out last generation 60 class of old. Its embarrasing.. from both AMD and Nvidia. Top Navi 33 barely outperforms 23 on a enhanced step node and new architecture. Its laughably bad that they launched these cards. Utterly pointless.

AMD and nVidia are spending extra silicon to try and mitigate bandwidth bottlenecks... Because over the last several decades compute has very much outstripped memory bandwidth improvements.

Back in the early 2000's we started to see smarter culling with HyperZ and ATI augmented that with Z-Compression to reduce bandwidth demands... nVidia followed suit with the Geforce 3 Ti with it's "Lightspeed Memory Architecture".

nVidia introduced delta colour compression with the Geforce 5/FX.

Geforce 6 culled non-visible primitives.

x800 brought us the 3Dc texture compression... Which got refined with 3Dc+ compression a few generations later.

Radeon HD 5000 brought forth BC6H, BC7.

nVidia improved Delta Colour Compression significantly with Maxwell and also introduced tiled based rendering to improve bandwidth efficiency as well as primitive culling.

AMD started to augment it's GPU's with large and fat caches to mitigate bandwidth limitations with it's RDNA2 GPU's.

If we go back 10 years, bandwidth was at a respectable 288GB/s on the Radeon 7970...
But the Radeon 7900XTX has 960GB/s. About 3x the improvement.

But if we look at compute we went from 8.2 Teraflops to 61 Teraflops, about 8x improvement... This is a trend that is mimicked all through GPU history going back decades, compute has outstripped bandwidth.

Fast Ram is expensive, AMD and nVidia can't really increase prices or increase the bill of materials, so they are working on finding the right balance... But in the end, that is their problem, not ours.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

hinch said:

Alan Wake 2 digital release only on consoles. EGS exclusive at launch - www.alanwake.com/story/alan-wake-2-faq/

That is beyond weird for them, especially when they have been funded multiple times by Epic now.

Wtf are they doing, buying yachts or shit?. Epic publishing is meant to cover those costs, unless Epic doesn't want to foot the bill for console discs or something (He is literally that guy who doesn't like having to pay any middle-man or any sort). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
hinch said:

Honestly I am surprised by the price. Instead of the $70 trend, not only is it $60 on consoles but $50 on PC. Granted EGS sucks tho.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

4060Ti's have arrived in Aus... $729 AUD.

3070's can be had for $699.

3060Ti can be had for $579.

RX 6750XT can be had for $589.

Shit price.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Captain_Yuri said:

Honestly I am surprised by the price. Instead of the $70 trend, not only is it $60 on consoles but $50 on PC. Granted EGS sucks tho.

Yeah price is actually reasonable for a new AAA game. I'm just not willing to buy anything and use the EGS store. Two store fronts on PC (Steam plus Battle.net) is enough for me lol.

Could get on PS5 but would way rather play it on PC with better fidelity and performance.. ehhh idk. Damn EGS and their damn exclusivity deals!

Despite it royally sucking for OW fans, having to wait years and get under-delivered promises, but it's not like SC players had to wait 10yrs for a new sequel, or Diablo players waiting a full fat decade and a bit since Diablo 3 (or Warcraft fans for an RTS, that took away literally everything good about the game).

When you look back on it, when Blizz/Acti merged, multiple sides of Blizz fans per game got screwed over the years, from Starcraft being split up into 3 expacs and multiple skins to sell (making the RTS game in total cost nearly £200, which is insane), to Diablo 3 being always online and originally having an auction house, to WoW having 3 really shitty and nearly unfinished expacs, WoW tokens, botters, etc.

I legit think that as much as Blizz had some bad apples for sure, I see Acti as the main cause for Blizz's ultimate downfall, because all the founders started stepping down and outright leaving since 2008, and well, you only need look at Acti's own track record history to see how they operate (and kill creativity).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

4060 Ti's equivalent to MSRP including tax in Germany is 439 € and it fell to 419 € yesterday (still available ofc).

What's kinda funny is that 8GB used card prices go up again, I saw Vega 64 models dropping into the 70-90 € range and GTX 1080 under 100 € when The Last of Us came out, now they're 120+ again (like in April) after the game works with 8GB. I mean it's not just that game, but all those 8GB GPU videos came out when The Last of Us had ridiculous textures at medium/low.