By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

A quick note, guys. I don't think I'll be able to post the news today. I'll see if I can post them later than usual, but I may end posting them tomorrow.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Ai is insane

I REALLY don't wanna have to subscribe to Adobe. Hopefully their competition will be able to continue competing in this new era.

AMD Radeon RX 7600 Graphics Cards Review Roundup

https://www.techspot.com/review/2686-amd-radeon-7600/

https://www.techspot.com/review/2686-amd-radeon-7600/

And here I thought him shitting on the 4060 was luls, this is actually even more oof. Lots of shit happened behind the scenes apparently.

Intel Arc A750 8GB Limited Edition is now available for just $199

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-arc-a750-8gb-limited-edition-is-now-available-for-just-199

Speaking of GPU prices... That's a pretty great price for a 3060 competitor.

Intel Unveils Meteor Lake CPUs With Dedicated VPU For Faster AI Acceleration In Windows 11

https://wccftech.com/intel-unveils-meteor-lake-cpus-dedicated-vpu-faster-ai-acceleration-windows-11/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

a $249 7600 would have had positive reviews I guess. I think it will be below that before the 4060 non Ti releases.
But even at $199 it wouldn't fly off the shelves because people wanna upgrade from 8GB, not to 8GB.

What's worrying about the 7600 is the little advancement in efficiency compared to the 6600 series.

Well the problem is that the 7600 is being flanked by two GPUs that are realistically better buys. A 6700 gives you 10GB of vram and costs about the same and the upcoming 4060 which gives you DLSS 3 and significantly better efficiency. Now personally I'd be choosing the 6700 but the problem with 7600 is there is no real reason to choose it over the other two. It has the same shit vram as the 4060 but it sucks 4060 Ti levels of power while not having Nvidia goodies such as DLSS 3, Reflex, etc. And 6700 is not only faster but has more vram for almost the same money. So why would anyone choose it?

Honestly this should have been $200 and 4060 $230 or $250.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

well, the 6700 is old stock and probably only available for a few more months. It's kinda an underrated card, PS5 specs with higher clocks, but with lower bandwidth and VRAM. And holds up against PS5 so far, was only way worse in The Last of Us, but patches may have changed that. Seems good for 1080p ultra or 1440 high which isn't that noticeable in most games.

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yea the glory days are pretty much gone and the uplifts in performance gen on gen should be slowing down. Maxwell > Pascal went from 28nm > 16nm. We ain't gonna see jumps like that anymore and with fabs continuously raising prices while having smaller jumps every generation, it will get reflected in the products one way or another until the engineers find ways to reduce costs. I suppose DLSS is certainly a band-aid in that sense but unless we see a revolutionary node strink, I don't see how we gonna ever get gen on gen uplifts like those days.

That's what I've been trying to tell you for months now lol. I really don't think we should be relying on DLSS for like say, a decade, because I know how humanity works, we rely on something for some time, take it for granted and we end up getting stale and complacent. 

By the time the next node shrink comes around, we should be moving on from DLSS to something else entirely.

Well the problem is that node shrinks isn't something Nvidia has any control over. That is entirely upto the fabs like TSMC and Samsung. These days Nvidia is on the cutting edge node which also means that the next gen's performance leap won't be as big because node shrinks have slowed significantly. So the only way Nvidia can gain significant performance is to somehow build an architecture with that gives massive improvements in brute force while being on a node that has minimal improvements over the previous one relative to the past. Maxwell to Pascal went from 28nm to 16nm. Lovelace to Blackwell is going from 5nm to 3nm and that's not Nvidia's fault because TSMC has nothing more advanced than 3nm. It will be interesting to see if they can do that but it's not like consumers have any power over fabs since TSMC/Samsung/Intel aren't purposefully cockblocking node shrinks.

episteme said:

a $249 7600 would have had positive reviews I guess. I think it will be below that before the 4060 non Ti releases.
But even at $199 it wouldn't fly off the shelves because people wanna upgrade from 8GB, not to 8GB.

What's worrying about the 7600 is the little advancement in efficiency compared to the 6600 series.

It's made effectively on the same node as the 6000 series. The scant improvement that was is basically due to architecture.

On the other hand, it makes it at least 35% cheaper to manufacture than the AD106 chip on the 4060s.

Pemalite said:

Normally I wouldn't give two shits that GPU's like the RTX 4060/RX 7600 have only 8GB because they are more budget conscious parts where price reflects the specifications.
Except the price isn't reflecting the specs or the performance.

It is all a side grade at best and a performance regression at worst.

And to advertise it as a "1080P" part is disingenuous.
1440P is the mid-range resolution these days... And mid-range parts should be competent at managing that many pixels.

GPU manufacturers are screwing themselves over, hopefully it results in reduced marketshare and we get a price correction... Because that is the issue, price.
The 4060Ti would have been far better at a RTX 3050 price point.

At bold, 100%. All the entry level cards are intentially handicapped with poor memory bandwidth and bus this generation. Which would be fine if they were 50 class cards and closer to $200. But here we are with $269-500 craptastic cards with performance that barely edges out last generation 60 class of old. Its embarrasing.. from both AMD and Nvidia. Top Navi 33 barely outperforms 23 on a enhanced step node and new architecture. Its laughably bad that they launched these cards. Utterly pointless.

Chazore said:

That is most definitely true. I have yet to see someone on this earth, that hasn't been tempted or swayed by leverage or support from someone or something, and refuse to allow it to sway your overall opinion (this is why I will always see buyers remorse and Stockholm as a thing, because people give off those vibes now more than ever).

I mean, you're not wrong about wanting it to be cited as the 4050ti, because when we look at the whole stack so far, the 4090 was supposed to be the 4080, the 80 was supposed to be the 70 and so on. All Nvidia has done is take out the Titan line, and replace the 80 brand with the 90 label, and called it a day (also we're seeing so many more Ti variants per series now, instead of Ti being largely reserved for mostly high to highest end cards). 

Yeah, not saying they are straight shilling. But that review felt like they were reading from their script from an Nvidia PR, with bullet points they got from an email. I mean the ending for that was hilariously bad take. Still beggars belief how they came to that conclusion lol.

The thing that goes for the while stack. The AD102 we have rn is still cut down and that's by far the best GPU released today. Thereafter gets progressively worst as you go down the stack. Which would be fine if it wasn't for the ridiculous mark up this generation. This gen has just been a giant upsell. Whether its to sell off old stock of GPU's or upsell consumers to the most they can afford.

Its utter lunacy and its no wonder people had enough of this shit. Hardly any gen on gen upgrades at MSRP. Just look at the RX 7600. Utterly pointless rn, at $269 with the amount of GPU's around that price range with similar to better value and specs. Which proves how poor of an architecure RDNA 3 is and why we shouldn't rely on AMD to pick up the pieces.

It¡s quite weird to see both AMD and Nvidia launch new cards so close one to the other, and that both cards are, in one way or another, messed up.

AMD's handling of this launch has been, from what we've been told, quite bad, but at least the card shows a good performance upgrade over the 6600 card it replaces, unlike Nvidia, that did a perfect launch of a product that fails to deliver the necessary goods.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.