By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Jay's channel must be getting some monetary incentive from Nvidia because we've had him shilling before about buying GPU's before just as they are falling. Saying something along the lines of... "buy now if you don't they might go up, you idiots". The following weeks we got steep discounts on the 3090 lmao.

And now this.. comedy gold.

Around the Network

Normally I wouldn't give two shits that GPU's like the RTX 4060/RX 7600 have only 8GB because they are more budget conscious parts where price reflects the specifications.
Except the price isn't reflecting the specs or the performance.

It is all a side grade at best and a performance regression at worst.

And to advertise it as a "1080P" part is disingenuous.
1440P is the mid-range resolution these days... And mid-range parts should be competent at managing that many pixels.

GPU manufacturers are screwing themselves over, hopefully it results in reduced marketshare and we get a price correction... Because that is the issue, price.
The 4060Ti would have been far better at a RTX 3050 price point.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Cards like the 4060Ti exist because people actually bought the 3050. There is almost zero reason to buy that card. Unless there some sort of non gaming use case, but even then, getting a used Nvidia card should be the choice. Especially when it's more expensive than cards the blow it away in performance. Hopefully the 4060Ti repeats the 4070's sale performance. Nvidia is pausing production of it due to slow sales. Only when people stop buying this crap will there be a chance of Nvidia dropping prices. What AMD does in inconsequential because bulk of the market will by an inferior Nvidia card regardless. Nvidia knows this and it incentives them to price their cards the way they do. I guarantee you that if the 7600 was $199 most people would still buy the $299 4060.

hinch said:

Jay's channel must be getting some monetary incentive from Nvidia because we've had him shilling before about buying GPU's before just as they are falling. Saying something along the lines of... "buy now if you don't they might go up, you idiots". The following weeks we got steep discounts on the 3090 lmao.

And now this.. comedy gold.

While I not one to defend Jay's channel normally in this case Jay had very little involvement in that video because he had recently had a surgery and clearly his team was not ready to do a review video without him.  Jay have since release a video apologizing for the video and it has been taken down.  It was a very bad video that should never off been release but I very much doubt he received a penny from Nvidia for it.

His apology video 

Ai is insane

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:

Cards like the 4060Ti exist because people actually bought the 3050. There is almost zero reason to buy that card. Unless there some sort of non gaming use case, but even then, getting a used Nvidia card should be the choice. Especially when it's more expensive than cards the blow it away in performance. Hopefully the 4060Ti repeats the 4070's sale performance. Nvidia is pausing production of it due to slow sales. Only when people stop buying this crap will there be a chance of Nvidia dropping prices. What AMD does in inconsequential because bulk of the market will by an inferior Nvidia card regardless. Nvidia knows this and it incentives them to price their cards the way they do. I guarantee you that if the 7600 was $199 most people would still buy the $299 4060.

Plenty of reasons to buy the 3050.

...Single slot... Nevermind.
...No external power... Nevermind.
...Half Height? Nevermind.

It does perform better than the GTX 1660 series with added Ray Tracing and completely pummels the AMD equivalent.

Only issue is that it needed to be cheaper as ideally it is the entry point that sits above integrated graphics.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Cyran said:

While I not one to defend Jay's channel normally in this case Jay had very little involvement in that video because he had recently had a surgery and clearly his team was not ready to do a review video without him.  Jay have since release a video apologizing for the video and it has been taken down.  It was a very bad video that should never off been release but I very much doubt he received a penny from Nvidia for it.

His apology video 

Saw that video. Pulling the video and putting up an apology seems more like a reactionary than anything. Though I do wish him well. It was more of a jest but you have to admit he does act a little suspicious when it comes to Nvidia lol. Like half their tests and results were games with RT or benchmarks of RT performance and then they had the 2060 in there, just like Nvidia's slides (funny that) putting big emphasis on how big of a jump it is verses that and calling it it the best jump since the Pascal years and telling people to go out and buy it. $400, yo.. DLSS3, great power consumption.. its the GTX 1060 of this generation. Like what?

I'd like to say its techtuber thing when they get sent so much free stuff to review, it clouds their judgement. But I don't know how they can factor in such a small gen on gen upgrade and even regression from the 3060Ti but having to rely on things like frame gen (which doesn't increase performance but makes games feel like they run smoother) saying this as I do like the tech. That and their testings with RT.

The card is an a piece of shit for the money and should've been called the 4050Ti and priced less. You'd have to be a little out of touch to have people testing this gear impartially to come to the conclusion that this is a decent generational leap and great card for $400 and something worthy of full recommendation. I guess that's the reason why Jay took it down. Because it makes them look ridiculous.

Last edited by hinch - on 24 May 2023

the 3050 came out when GPU availability was still really bad. At that point it wasn't a terrible purchase, but the price never dropped below the $249 MSRP. The RX 6600 series cards were a much better purchase after the prices dropped.

I noticed that the 4050 mobile has 96 bit 6GB VRAM, so 192 bit 12GB is a possibility. A super efficient 12GB card on 1080 Ti level wouldn't be uninteresting, but 1080 Ti is around 50% faster than a 3050. This jump seems impossible for today's Nvidia (for budget cards at least). You could actually buy a used 1080 Ti for like 180€, undervolt it to use less than 200W and make all new entry level cards look bad. Features like Ray Tracing don't really make sense in that class anyway.

Captain_Yuri said:

Yea the glory days are pretty much gone and the uplifts in performance gen on gen should be slowing down. Maxwell > Pascal went from 28nm > 16nm. We ain't gonna see jumps like that anymore and with fabs continuously raising prices while having smaller jumps every generation, it will get reflected in the products one way or another until the engineers find ways to reduce costs. I suppose DLSS is certainly a band-aid in that sense but unless we see a revolutionary node strink, I don't see how we gonna ever get gen on gen uplifts like those days.

That's what I've been trying to tell you for months now lol. I really don't think we should be relying on DLSS for like say, a decade, because I know how humanity works, we rely on something for some time, take it for granted and we end up getting stale and complacent. 

By the time the next node shrink comes around, we should be moving on from DLSS to something else entirely.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

hinch said:

Saw that video. Pulling the video and putting up an apology seems more like a reactionary than anything. Though I do wish him well. It was more of a jest but you have to admit he does act a little suspicious when it comes to Nvidia lol. Like half their tests and results were games with RT or benchmarks of RT performance and then they had the 2060 in there, just like Nvidia's slides (funny that) putting big emphasis on how big of a jump it is verses that and calling it it the best jump since the Pascal years and telling people to go out and buy it. $400, yo.. DLSS3, great power consumption.. its the GTX 1060 of this generation. Like what?

I'd like to say its techtuber thing when they get sent so much free stuff to review, it clouds their judgement. But I don't know how they can factor in such a small gen on gen upgrade and even regression from the 3060Ti but having to rely on things like frame gen (which doesn't increase performance but makes games feel like they run smoother) saying this as I do like the tech. That and their testings with RT.

The card is an a piece of shit for the money and should've been called the 4050Ti and priced less. You'd have to be a little out of touch to have people testing this gear impartially to come to the conclusion that this is a decent generational leap and great card for $400 and something worthy of full recommendation. I guess that's the reason why Jay took it down. Because it makes them look ridiculous.

That is most definitely true. I have yet to see someone on this earth, that hasn't been tempted or swayed by leverage or support from someone or something, and refuse to allow it to sway your overall opinion (this is why I will always see buyers remorse and Stockholm as a thing, because people give off those vibes now more than ever).

I mean, you're not wrong about wanting it to be cited as the 4050ti, because when we look at the whole stack so far, the 4090 was supposed to be the 4080, the 80 was supposed to be the 70 and so on. All Nvidia has done is take out the Titan line, and replace the 80 brand with the 90 label, and called it a day (also we're seeing so many more Ti variants per series now, instead of Ti being largely reserved for mostly high to highest end cards). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"