By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

$22 per fps at 1080p

Around the Network

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

episteme said:

yeah, 4060 Ti beating the 3060 Ti by like 15% in the marketing material is the best cast scenario with RT at 1080p. At higher resolutions and without RT the 3060 Ti can be faster because of the better memory bus. Not sure if I've ever seen that, pretty embarrassing.

This 60 series is just terrible, a 256 bit 16GB one at $399 would have been ok I guess, the current one is more like a 50 class card.

Crazy that the only card this gen that didn't disappoint compared to last gen is the 4090 which is ofc too expensive for most people.

That's the gist of it. Outside of the top two (maybe even three) Nvidia GPUs, the rest of Nvidia's lineup feels wrong.

The chip in this 4060Ti should have been the one we would find in a 4050Ti, with GPU powering the 4070 being the real 4060Ti. That's what the 3DCenter table that Yuri posted yesterday, and the reviews we've seen so far, tells us.

So the consumer ends either spending more money than it should on a card that brings the appropiate performance jump, or you buy a more reasonable priced that that underperforms.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Nvidia still pushing 8GB in mid-range cards is bad for the PC gaming market. Some games may not get ports because there isn't a big enough base of potential buyers with an appropriate amount of VRAM. 8GB is only acceptable for entry-level models where reduced settings are expected.

The 60 models won't put pressure on last-gen or used prices, the only hope are 7700, 7800 or possibly Nvidia 4060/70 Super (or 4600 like 1600) cards now. Othewise it will be rough until RTX 5000/Radeon 8000.

Last edited by episteme - on 23 May 2023

"Some games may not get ports because there isn't a big enough base of potential buyers with an appropriate amount of VRAM."

Yea I highly doubt that will be the case. Developers and publishers have no issues releasing shit ports on PC lol. Plus the 3060 12GB version has the highest market share when it comes to modern GPUs.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

But that's what I mean, shit ports are bad for the reputation and probably don't sell well. The Last of Us and Jedi Survivor may have been profitable with the AMD sponsoring alone and Bethesda is swimming in Microsoft money, but games purely relying on sales can have a rough time.

Edit: the issues of Jedi Survivor and Redfall are more on the CPU side, I just used that as shit port examples.

Last edited by episteme - on 23 May 2023

"I feel like it has the potential to be the new 1060 that everyone holds on forever "

numberwang said:

"I feel like it has the potential to be the new 1060 that everyone holds on forever "

That dude is so funny trashing the 2060 Super while not realizing that this just shows that the generational gap this time is tiny compared to the last one.

The 1060 comparison is off, but there were games using more than 6GB back then like Rise of the Tomb Raider.

numberwang said:

How much crack were they on when they made this