By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Forget about replies and enjoy being disconnected from the world for a change.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
hinch said:

Woo! It certainly is. A bit more than what I'd like to spend on a CPU but I guess it will age better than a 5600X will. Will be the first time I get a near TOTL CPU for gaming so quite happy with my purchase. Hopefully my 360mm AiO can handle the heat.

Yea it will certainly age really well. It's only like 5% slower than Zen 4 in gaming which is crazy fast and it's not like there's any real benefit to going to pci-e gen 5 or ddr5 just yet. So sticking with 5800X3D and pairing up with a 4070 or 7800XT will last you a good while.

My buddy switched to an AM5 system with Ryzen 7900X3D. So yesterday we upgraded my system from Ryzen 5800X  to his "old" 5800X3D.

He got my 5800X for reselling and I paid him a hundred bucks for the upgrade. No hassle of reselling the old CPU on my side.

Captain_Yuri said:

I do agree with what you are saying with Vram and Nvidia has done this for pretty much every generation other than Pascal. But I do think that going with Radeon just because of Vram isn't the answer either because they have a lot of other issues that people aren't mentioning is the point I am trying to make.

I am not saying that Nvidias relatively low Vram is okay or anything of that sort cause yes as you said  it is effectively planned obsolescence. But going onto Radeons camp where the experience is bad but in different ways is not a good option either imo.

We also don't know what next gen engines will do as we have yet to see any games with next gen tech. Things like Sampler Feedback and DirectStorage for GPUs are supposed to significantly lower the Vram usage. But there's also a chance that devs won't use them or will use them but use the added savings to add even more enhancements. But we won't know until games actually come out with those tech. Not to say we should buy vram limited gpus and put our hopes on them but I also wouldn't buy Radeon and put our hopes on them providing a good experience either. It's just better to wait and see if Nvidia discounts their 4080s and see what next gen engines do with vram limited gpus.

Yeah sorry for the rant lol. Just tired of Nvidia's BS. And AMD to a lesser extent. Its just a shame AMD and RTG couldn't pull of RDNA 3. Idd, Nvidia's support and drivers are second to none. And yeah more VRAM isn't a counter for a lesser architecture, I just wished Nvidia stopped with the shennagigans since a lot of people just want to buy and play games not damn prices and specs. The 7900XT price correction (not going to say drop) is the right direction though and it does outperform 4070ti at the same price point in a lot of titles its just £800 is still a lot of money to spend on a GPU lol.

Think I'll wait a bit more and see if Nvidia and AMD do any more adjustments to their linups with the  upcoming 4070 release, next month.

Also forgot you were on vacation. Enjoy!

Conina said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yea it will certainly age really well. It's only like 5% slower than Zen 4 in gaming which is crazy fast and it's not like there's any real benefit to going to pci-e gen 5 or ddr5 just yet. So sticking with 5800X3D and pairing up with a 4070 or 7800XT will last you a good while.

My buddy switched to an AM5 system with Ryzen 7900X3D. So yesterday we upgraded my system from Ryzen 5800X  to his "old" 5800X3D.

He got my 5800X for reselling and I paid him a hundred bucks for the upgrade. No hassle of reselling the old CPU on my side.

Nice, congrats. Very nice upgrade for a bargain price.

The CPU does get fairly hot though with CO -30 its very power efficient and a beast for gaming.

Last edited by hinch - on 12 March 2023

With the strength of the 5800X3D I think people will be hanging onto their AM4 rigs for many years to come.

Captain_Yuri said:

3G is essentially a luxury.

Meanwhile here in Finland, we are decommissioning 3G.

Around the Network

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/more-epic-games-store-exclusives-are-coming/1100-6512230/?mibextid=ncKXMA

"Epic Games Store GM Steve Allison said the launch of Borderlands 3 on the Epic Games Store as a limited-time exclusive "crushed" expectations, though specific numbers were not shared."

"Looking ahead, titles that Epic funded--including Alan Wake 2 and new games from Limbo developer Playdead and The Last Guardian studio genDesign--will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store for "a long time," Allison said"

So now they're going for just big games or buying up studios to hold both for a "very long time". Sounds like they still want to be dicks about their strong-arming tactics. Either way, it's going to end up saving me more money and adding more dev studios/publishers to the blacklist over time.

Timmy can bitch all he likes about Steam "stifling" shit with Steamworks, but at least they aren't turning games into digital online paperweights like MS did and like He's doing via EoS, and trying to hold exclusives hostage like a childish gnat.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I have never once taken a free game from Epic Games, nor have I ever paid more than 50% of full price for the games that were times exclusives on EGS.

TallSilhouette said:

I'm losing it how Luke is just like "mhhm", like he knows Linus is walking into a bombshell and he isn't up for walking alongside into it with him lmao.

Last edited by Chazore - on 13 March 2023

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

The Monday news:

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

Steam's Top 10 (till March 7th)

(I forgot about it last week, I'm still not used to the new schedule. Check this link for the top 100)

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive beats its all-time player record for the second time in a month
https://www.pcgamer.com/counter-strike-global-offensive-beats-its-all-time-player-record-for-the-second-time-in-a-month/
30 days ago, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive broke its all-time record for concurrent players like the boss it is. This iteration of the game is eleven years old, while Counter-Strike itself has been around since 1999. Barely one month on, CS:GO has just done it again: This weekend it reached a new peak of 1.4 million concurrent players.
The previous record was 1.32 million in February 2023. The new record was reached on Saturday March 11 at 13:00 UTC, per SteamDB, and is 1,420,183 players at once. This type of sustained growth so far from the game's release is remarkable and, while many have been theorising about why now, any answer eventually ends up back at the game's rock -fundamentals. (...)

GOG starts a new weekwith three new DotD and a new sale:

Steam has two new deals:

We can find four deals at Humble:

Fanatical keeps going with its Spring Sale and has two new 24 hours Flash Deals and a bundle:

SOFTWARE & DRIVERS

-Empty-

MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS

Half-Life: Alyx gets a new free DLC-sized Mod, called Re-Education
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/half-life-alyx-gets-a-new-free-dlc-sized-mod-called-re-education/
Annapurna’s Level Designer & Artist, Polygrove, released a free DLC-sized Mod for Half-Life: Alyx, called Re-Education. This mod features a medium-length campaign that will last you around 30 minutes to an hour.
According to Polygrove, Re-Education features standard Half-Life Alyx style gameplay with a focus on slower pacing and environmental storytelling. Players will be able to scavenge and explore, but more importantly; try and make it back to the train in one piece.
>> The article has a short video of the mod.

This Atomic Heart Mod adds rainy overcast weather to the game
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/this-atomic-heart-mod-adds-rainy-weather-to-the-game/
Modder ‘Sidiusz’ has released a pretty cool mod for Atomic Heart that adds overcast weather with rain to it. From what I can remember, the game always had sunny weather. There was one scene in which we got some rain effects (at the beginning while flying through clouds), but I really can’t remember any cloudy weather. As such, this mod will let you experience the game in different weather conditions.
In future versions, Sidiusz will change the sky from simple gray to cloudy. The modder will also add rain sounds, as well as thunder effects.
>> There's a short video of this mod.

Cyberpunk 2077 HD Reworked Project is now available for download
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/cyberpunk-2077-hd-reworked-project-is-now-available-for-download/
Modder ‘Halk Hogan’ has released the first version of his HD Reworked Project for Cyberpunk 2077. In addition, the modder released a new trailer that compares the game’s default/vanilla textures with the overhauled ones. Cyberpunk 2077 HD Reworked Project aims to improve the graphics by reworking game assets. The mod promises to provide better quality and retain the art style of the original/vanilla textures.
Version 1.0 reworks to high resolution many various environment textures occurring through whole Night City and Badlands. This first version includes high-quality roads, walls, terrain, dirt, graffiti, vegetation, objects and more.
>> The video is a bit over 5 minutes long.

I downloaded 'The Elder Scrolls 6' but I'm starting to think it might not really be The Elder Scrolls 6
https://www.pcgamer.com/i-downloaded-the-elder-scrolls-6-but-im-starting-to-think-it-might-not-really-be-the-elder-scrolls-6/
Ah, the wait is finally over. The Elder Scrolls 6, here at last, and a full six months before Starfield to boot. All my favorites are here: The Master Chief John 117, An immortal destruction golem powered by The Duke, the Accuracy International Arctic Warfare Magnum. English post-punk legend and Sisters of Mercy frontman Andrew Eldritch for some reason. I may have gotten the wrong Elder Scrolls 6.
Coming courtesy of Nexus modder stupidcatgirl, The Elder Scrolls 6 presents a bold vision of the long-awaited open world RPG that's basically just Morrowind but like, really messed up and stuff. Stupidcatgirl's previous work includes Morrowind 2, the beloved sequel to Morrowind, as well as Morrowind 666, which seems to be Morrowind in hell, and you can see elements of those projects in The Elder Scrolls 6.
>> There are screenshots, but no video of it.

I won't say no to an out-of-the-blue update to this three-year-old, free, Mario-themed FPS demo
https://www.pcgamer.com/i-wont-say-no-to-an-out-of-the-blue-update-to-this-three-year-old-free-mario-themed-fps-demo/
The phrase "Super Mario FPS" conjures up a certain image for me: a custom Counter-Strike: Source gun game map maybe, or a really edgy Doom WAD like the so-rad-they-took-it-down Bikini Bottom Massacre. Something in the spirit of, ahem, "tribal" tattoo Mario, basically. Developer Sean Noonan's Super 1-1, on the other hand, is more of a wholesome, good-hearted take on the concept.
We first reported on Noonan's concept back in 2019, and the developer gave it a full release early the next year. Nintendo's crack legal division seemed to give it a stay of execution, and that looked like the end of things until just this week. On March 11, Noonan published an update to Super 1-1 that adds new collectibles, back-end tweaks, and rendering updates.
>> There's an almost 6 minutes video of the mod.

A massive Darkest Dungeon overhaul mod adds an entirely new campaign
https://www.pcgamer.com/a-massive-darkest-dungeon-overhaul-mod-adds-an-entirely-new-campaign/
A sprawling Darkest Dungeon mod will release this month, with Black Reliquary set to release on March 24, 2023. The mod is a total conversion mod with the thumbs-up of the original Darkest Dungeon developers at Red Hook, and the list of changes is... really big. It's foremost a gameplay overhaul and entirely new campaign with a new setting, new characters, new narration, new music, new enemies and facts, trinkets, and new player heroes.
The story will follow a band of heroes as they delve into the Black Reliquary, a monolithic structure in a desolate desert known only as The Valley. Here's how the developers describe it: "Abandon what you think you know. The Valley does not know mercy or sympathy, and the trials ahead of you will be unlike anything you have faced before! Find yourself in your new home aboard the Flameseeker airship, and reunite with an old acquaintance from many years past, as you join forces to assault the oppressive and mysterious Black Reliquary."
>> There's a short video of the mod.

Of course the first thing modders did for the Resident Evil 4 demo was put Leon in a thong
https://www.pcgamer.com/of-course-the-first-thing-modders-did-for-the-resident-evil-4-demo-was-put-leon-in-a-thong/
The Resident Evil 4 Chainsaw Demo hasn't even been out for a week yet, and already the modders are hard at work. I imagine you, hypothetical reader, are thinking something along the lines of 'I bet they've tweaked some of the damage values on the guns, maybe implemented some hasty bugfixes'. You couldn't be more wrong. They've put Leon in a maid outfit and replaced his gun with a banana. Long live PC gaming.
>> No video, only some screenshots.

GAMING NEWS

Paranormal Tales is a graphically impressive Unreal Engine 5 game
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/paranormal-tales-is-a-graphically-impressive-unreal-engine-5-game/
Digital Cybercherries has released an official gameplay trailer for Paranormal Tales, showcasing some of the best visuals we’ve seen in an Unreal Engine 5 game.

Forspoken looks noticeably better, runs 15% faster than its launch version
https://www.dsogaming.com/articles/forspoken-looks-noticeably-better-runs-15-faster-than-its-launch-version/
Yesterday, Square Enix released a performance patch for Forspoken on PC. As such, we’ve decided to re-benchmark the game and compare it with its launch version. And yes, this latest version of the game both looks and runs better than its initial launch version.

THE FINALS features Ray Tracing Global Illumination & supports DLSS 3
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-finals-features-ray-tracing-global-illumination-supports-dlss-3/
Embark Studios has launched the Closed Beta phase for its free-to-play, combat-centered game, THE FINALS. And, although this is a multiplayer game, the game will take advantage of Ray Tracing Global Illumination. Furthermore, it supports NVIDIA’s latest AI tech, DLSS 3.

Leaked images of Ada Wong from Resident Evil 4 Remake surface online
https://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot-news/leaked-images-of-ada-wong-from-resident-evil-4-remake-surface-online/
As we all know, Resident Evil 4 Remake will feature our beloved Ada Wong. And although Capcom has only shared one screenshot of her, you can find below 4 leaked low-quality screenshots.

Bleak Faith: Forsaken accused of stealing animations from Elden Ring, developer responds
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/bleak-faith-forsaken-accused-of-stealing-animations-from-elden-ring-developer-responds/
Bleak Faith: Forsaken is a new Souls-like game that recently came out on PC. However, people have accused the developers of stealing animations from Elden Ring, which prompted Archangel Studios to comment on those allegations.

Hackers threaten to leak tens of gigabytes of material from STALKER 2
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/hackers-threaten-to-leak-tens-of-gigabytes-of-material-from-stalker-2/
It appears that hackers gained access to GSC GameWorld’s servers and obtained tens of gigabytes of game material from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2.
The hackers threaten to leak the game’s full story, artworks, cut-scene description and more on March 15th. That is of course if their demands are not met. In order to prove their claims, the hackers shared some artworks. For obvious reasons, we won’t be sharing them.
>> F*cking scum.

New The Witcher 3: Next-Gen Patch releases today on PC
https://www.dsogaming.com/patches/new-the-witcher-3-next-gen-patch-releases-today-on-pc/
CD Projekt RED has just revealed that a new 2GB patch for The Witcher 3: Next-Gen will release today. This patch should pack numerous bug fixes, and perhaps some optimization improvements.

Iron Galaxy will be responsible for The Last of Us Part I Remake PC
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/iron-galaxy-will-be-responsible-for-the-last-of-us-part-i-remake-pc/
Last week, Naughty Dog shared the official PC system requirements for The Last of Us Part I Remake. However, the team has updated them and revealed that the team responsible for the PC port will be Iron Galaxy.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.