By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

The gaming results seem a bit odd. I can understand losing to the 5800X3D or 12900K in some titles, but against the regular 5800X? Despite the higher ipc and clocks? Odd.

Oh, well. We'll see how it goes when we get more reviews to compare.

By the way, anyone has an idea of when the reviews will roll out?

If it's legit, could be due to latency that DDR5 brings.

Supposedly the reviews go live at 15:00 CEST tomorrow.

I thought it could be because one has one CCD and the other has two, because that was a problem for Zen3 in some games, but memory latency would also be.

Thanks.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Man you weren't kiddin...

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

So I've slowly been learning the ropes of computer graphics lately. I think it may be time to start learning AI software, too:

May be able to put that 4090 to even better use.

Conina said:
kirby007 said:

honestly with gas prices being at almost 3 euro vs 80 eurocent last year its probably the cheapest way to heat the room

I doubt that the gas prices tripled since last year in your country.

O.80 last year vs 2.77 next month

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Conina said:

I doubt that the gas prices tripled since last year in your country.

O.80 last year vs 2.77 next month

According to your profile you live in the Netherlands.

"Super 95" 11 months ago: €1.98 on average; "Super 95" today: €1.94 on average

https://www.destatis.de/Europa/DE/Thema/Verkehr/kraftstoffpreise.html

In US-Dollar: https://de.tradingeconomics.com/netherlands/gasoline-prices

Or do you mean natural gas instead of gasoline?

If yes, natural gas prices are usually in x cent per kWh. So how much kWh do you get for €2.77 next month?

Last edited by Conina - on 25 September 2022

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

I see, thanks!

It sucks that around here not only is stuff expensive but also very hard to find :/ once an import batch sells out, the product is gone for good from that retailer. The only decent monitors I find anywhere online are either these curved QHD VAs or 43" monstrosities. But maybe I'll have some luck with the local stores.

No worries :)

Also may be worth looking at IPS monitors as well. In most places you can get good 27" IPS QHD/UHD monitors from the likes of LG, Gigabyte, Dell etc for great prices. Hardware unboxed on YT do in-depth reviews on gaming monitors and the top LCD picks from them, are IPS based displays. You get better viewing angles, color and motion handling, at the expense of contrast and IPS glow.

Personally I wouldn't get a VA monitor unless its from Samsung, as others tend to use cheaper VA's which have have poor motion handling and response times. But Ymmv and you may find cheaper displays acceptable. And true, your local stores may have some good deals. Worth looking around and online.

Last edited by hinch - on 25 September 2022

I was talking about gas to heat the room. We pay gas in m3 ( kubieke meters )

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

hinch said:
haxxiy said:

No worries :)

Also may be worth looking at IPS monitors as well. In most places you can get good 27" IPS QHD/UHD monitors from the likes of LG, Gigabyte, Dell etc for great prices. Hardware unboxed on YT do in-depth reviews on gaming monitors and the top LCD picks from them, are IPS based displays. You get better viewing angles, color and motion handling, at the expense of contrast and IPS glow.

Personally I wouldn't get a VA monitor unless its from Samsung, as others tend to use cheaper VA's which have have poor motion handling and response times. But Ymmv and you may find cheaper displays acceptable. And true, your local stores may have some good deals. Worth looking around and online.

Yeah, maybe I'll play it safe and remain with an IPS. If only I could find one, though. Tried looking for a Gigabyte M32U or equivalent but there's literally none being sold in my country at the moment...

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

The gaming results seem a bit odd. I can understand losing to the 5800X3D or 12900K in some titles, but against the regular 5800X? Despite the higher ipc and clocks? Odd.

Oh, well. We'll see how it goes when we get more reviews to compare.

By the way, anyone has an idea of when the reviews will roll out?

Or pre-release drivers not being up to the task

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Or pre-release drivers not being up to the task

Could be but I'd imagine a review this close to launch means they have the same BIOS update and such as every other reviewer. That review isn't supposed to be released yet either cause it's still under embargo but it got leaked. Assuming it's legit in the first place that is.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 25 September 2022

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850