By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Trying to get Fallout 76 to play nice is like me trying to fly to the moon, an impossible dream...

Though I do appreciate modders for what they do, as well as their insight into the inner workings of said game/engine, but this fruitcake seems full of it and practically excuses bethesda by claiming the game's settings are "beyond ultra" of any other game out there:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/aqtokr/fallout_76_pc_version_graphic_presets_explanation/

I'm not even running the game on ultra or anything, I've only got textures on Ultra to force more GPU usage (it's still stuck at around 45% while the CPu is at 30%), everything else is on medium to low (shadow distance is always set to low for me when it comes to Beth games, because that's just a thing most ppl in the know do).

I just wish bethesda's games ran decent to nicely, because I love Fallout 3,NV,4 and a bit of 76, Oblvion and Skyrim, but they all seem to run like crap somewhere down the road, even when you're sporting better HW in the future. I can play other older games or current titles with less issues than trying to run any other Beth game. I just wish they'd scrap the creation engine entirely.

Last edited by Chazore - on 28 June 2022

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

ye F76 and skyrim didn't ran well on my 4800 series either

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

TallSilhouette said:

Preview of Sony's new PS5/PC gaming monitor and headsets:

I REALLY hope PSVR2 ends up being PC compatible too. Playing both my PS and PC VR libraries on one affordable yet capable device would be a dream come true.

Only 96 dimming zones for $900USD?

That's with in spitting distance of the Alienware's QD-OLED

You wait 3-4 months, you can probably get the Samsung's Neo G8 which has 1,196 zones for around the same price since Samsung monitors drop massively in price.

I'd skip.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

While its nice to see Sony getting back into the consumer PC space again for hardware.. I'm a little disappointed. They should have tried harder tbh, coming from a new line and brand. The thing looks way too garish and kinda low spec compared to other higher end monitors out there. And wtf is with the size of that stand lol - quess that kinda fits in with the PS5 theme. Also, should have bumped that up to at least 500 zones of backlight. Even if it costs them/us a tad bit more. And HDR600 is quite low as well considering it does have nearly 100 dimming zones.

Its a weird product.. it seems like they are pushing this for PC gamers and console owners yet doesn't offer anything substantially better than whats on the market in the mid range of 4K monitors and yet its priced nearly at the higher end of the spectrum. Yes this has FALD but barely scrapes what is considered HDR with lowish brightness and limited dimming zones. At least their processing and OOTB color accuracy should be top notch.

Sony has the pre-2022 mindset of screwing PC gamers with shit monitors. They didn't get the memo that Samsung has set the bar of what PC gaming monitors should be. That monitor needs to be half the price at best and spending $500 on 1080p monitor is also a joke. 96 dimming zones for $900 is terrible compared to spending $1300 on Alienware QD-OLED monitor of which you can get even lower by adding in coupons. Very shameful they went this route.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Sony has the pre-2022 mindset of screwing PC gamers with shit monitors. They didn't get the memo that Samsung has set the bar of what PC gaming monitors should be. That monitor needs to be half the price at best and spending $500 on 1080p monitor is also a joke. 96 dimming zones for $900 is terrible compared to spending $1300 on Alienware QD-OLED monitor of which you can get even lower by adding in coupons. Very shameful they went this route.

wdym they are the apple of gaming, pay more for less

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Yeah I mean I get they are pushing for 4K so they can sell their TV's hence no 1440P or OLED.

These are just middling releases and a huge missed opportunity from their new brand. Sony should've gone big or not bothered. $900 is a tough sell for a 27" monitor for those specs. And true that 1080P 240hz one is just bad, particularity at that price point. Considering you can get similar spec ones for half the price.

For their top end they could've and should have just went with the same 34" QD-OLED Samsung panel and just pony up and support 1440P and Freesync on the PS5. Would've cost Sony less to make and be a far superior product.

Hardware Unboxed have a review up for the Inzone M9

The annoying thing is that it's easy to beat the Alienware QD-OLED. All Sony needed to do is go to Samsung, ask for the panel and not use Nvidia's G-sync Ultimate module and instead, do HDMI 2.1. Boom.

Yeah they even use their panels in their flagship TV line. I don't think it would be too hard for them to approach Samsung for their new line of monitors. And you would think that would be as cost effective if not more for Sony to do, that going this route that going with a passable 27" IPS panel and with mini LED array.

The M9 is like £1000 in the UK lol. Just a hundred pounds or more nets you a Samsung Odyssey Neo G7. Which is essentially the same as the 32" Neo G8 32" with 1196 dimming zones but 165hz, instead of 240hz.

Also one of the first reviews for the Neo G8 up