By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Marth said:

ITS ALIVE!
Upgrade was a success but so damn stresful.
Felt like an open heart surgery but without monitoring the patients vitals.

My case is not the biggest so working in it was a challenge. Especially getting the cables of the PSU through everything.
The Dark Rock Pro 4 is also suprisingly big and takes a lot of space, same goes for the red devil.
But everything fit in there it just was a mess to get the fans connected. Always had to remove something to get my fingers in there.

Still don't understand how those metal clamps to fix the fans to the heatsink are supposed to work.

So my case is now very full and my pc a very chonky boy. Ran a stresstest with prime95 + furmark and the psu did not care a bit.

But I found another problem. My CPU is currently thermal throtteling after a while. I susprect my airflow stalls at some point which causes the heatspike and the fans can't compensate. It also took my a few tries to get all my fan directions correctly. There should be a damn arrow in which direction fans blow tbh.

Currently I try to blow all the heat out the back but I am thinking about reversing that to pulling air in through that and use one blower to push hot air out the top.

But first I need to figure out if overheating only happens when CPU and GPU are on full output because that is a case that won't happen that often. So more monitoring is in order.

And now I am confined to a single monitor because they don't have Display Port. Need to order my new screens soon. Single 1080p screen for a 5950X and a 6800XT so yeah both are mostly bored at the moment :D

Congratulations! It's always a relief when you turn it on and it actually works.

I'm surprised the Dark Rock Pro 4 can't keep up with the 5950X. Maybe it's the airflow of the case, as you say.

Oh, and I wholeheartedly agree with you about the fans. They should wear a mark to let us know in which direction the air flows, especially since not all manufacturers follow the same rules.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

AMD Next To Get Hacked? RansomHouse Extortion Group Claims To Have Stolen 450 Gb Worth of Data

https://wccftech.com/amd-next-to-get-hacked-ransomhouse-extortion-group-claims-to-have-stolen-450-gb-worth-of-data/

Hopefully we will get some leaks out of it

NVIDIA officially launches GeForce GTX 1630 graphics card

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-officially-launches-geforce-gtx-1630-graphics-card

I'll be curious to see how this performs against 6400 and A380 but all 3 choices are shat. Should be sub $100 GPU at best

Investigating Intel's CPU Socket Problems | Thermal Grizzly Contact Frame Benchmark

Intel's retention bracket is so shitty that replacing it with a contact frame lowers the CPU temps by 7C using the same cooler. Intel had a solution to this on their x299 platform but their consumer desktop gets the old shitty one. It's not the biggest of deals unless you are extreme overclocking but it is still lame to see as the fix is simple and Intel could do it easily.

Intel’s Flagship Core i9-13900K 24 Core Raptor Lake CPU Allegedly Pictured & Listed Online For $426 US

https://wccftech.com/intel-core-i9-13900k-raptor-lake-cpu-sample-pictured-listed-for-sale-426-usd-rumor/

It's interesting how every year, Nvidia and AMD at best leaks paper specs while Intel seems to somehow leak the actual product.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Marth said:

ITS ALIVE!
Upgrade was a success but so damn stresful.
Felt like an open heart surgery but without monitoring the patients vitals.

My case is not the biggest so working in it was a challenge. Especially getting the cables of the PSU through everything.
The Dark Rock Pro 4 is also suprisingly big and takes a lot of space, same goes for the red devil.
But everything fit in there it just was a mess to get the fans connected. Always had to remove something to get my fingers in there.

Still don't understand how those metal clamps to fix the fans to the heatsink are supposed to work.

So my case is now very full and my pc a very chonky boy. Ran a stresstest with prime95 + furmark and the psu did not care a bit.

But I found another problem. My CPU is currently thermal throtteling after a while. I susprect my airflow stalls at some point which causes the heatspike and the fans can't compensate. It also took my a few tries to get all my fan directions correctly. There should be a damn arrow in which direction fans blow tbh.

Currently I try to blow all the heat out the back but I am thinking about reversing that to pulling air in through that and use one blower to push hot air out the top.

But first I need to figure out if overheating only happens when CPU and GPU are on full output because that is a case that won't happen that often. So more monitoring is in order.

And now I am confined to a single monitor because they don't have Display Port. Need to order my new screens soon. Single 1080p screen for a 5950X and a 6800XT so yeah both are mostly bored at the moment :D

Noice, congrats dude. You should show us some pictures so we can aww at the glory.

And yea, managing a 5950x at full throttle is very hard for most CPU coolers. I had a Noctua that was not able to manage it so I switched it out with a 360 AIO. Even that doesn't manage it if we are talking in terms of all core overclocking but it does manage it better without overclocking. You should look into curve optimizer and unvolt it slighty. Then it will be more manageable.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

GPD Win Max 2 - Quick Look and Impressions! THE BEAST IS BACK BABY!

The 3090 of handhelds so to speak. It is tempting, I'll give them that.

Captain_Yuri said:

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-officially-launches-geforce-gtx-1630-graphics-card

I'll be curious to see how this performs against 6400 and A380 but all 3 choices are shat. Should be sub $100 GPU at best

TechPowerUp has managed to grab one and has done a review: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/gainward-geforce-gtx-1630-ghost/

It's slower than even the RX 6400 and, since it's based on Turing, it has no redeeming qualities.

It's also worth noting that they used the 512.95 WHQL drivers instead of the latest ones but, being Turing, I don't think it matters a lot.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

TechPowerUp has managed to grab one and has done a review: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/gainward-geforce-gtx-1630-ghost/

It's slower than even the RX 6400 and, since it's based on Turing, it has no redeeming qualities.

It's also worth noting that they used the 512.95 WHQL drivers instead of the latest ones but, being Turing, I don't think it matters a lot.

Yea that's pretty shitty. Pretty lame that we still don't have a RTX capable GPU for sub $200.

Maybe that will change with the 4000 series, but that will take another couple years given the rate at which Nvidia releases its low end cards.

But yeah, anyone in the low end should go with a GTX 1650.or an RX 6500XT.

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

They should have ditched the 4K test for this GPU. 720p test instead would make a lot more sense for these entry cards.

^Agreed.

Preview of Sony's new PS5/PC gaming monitor and headsets:

I REALLY hope PSVR2 ends up being PC compatible too. Playing both my PS and PC VR libraries on one affordable yet capable device would be a dream come true.

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 28 June 2022