By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Windows 11 has officially been released

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Nice. Will hold out a few months and see if there are any compatibility issues before upgrading. Interested to hear peoples thoughts on it..

I'd kind of like to upgrade but there's two issues: TPM and my CPU... Then again, I doubt I would upgrade without waiting for a while at least, because there are bound to be bugs that should be fixed first. I suppose I'll wait until I get a new PC, which should be about as soon as GPU prices come down, so... maybe next year? Ah, good times. At least new GPUs should be out by then, and maybe SSDs will be faster too (although they're sufficiently fast for me already).

So Coca-Cola released the worst ad ever

I mean how out of touch can a company be lmao

hinch said:

If I were Pepsi:

-Similar commercial but no twist to the typical outcome.

-GOW rage mode without the peace BS.

-Profit.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Far Cry 6 suffers from major CPU single-threaded issues

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/far-cry-6-suffers-from-major-cpu-single-threaded-issues/

Ubishat does it again

"We love PC gaming"

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Captain_Yuri said:
Pemalite said:

Honestly... Seeing some mixxed messaging about the 12900K in enthusiast circles... With the chip being a monster in AVX512 tasks, but coming up short against the Ryzen 9 5900/5950 12/16 core chips in the real world.

My bets are it will be attractive processor for those on older systems looking for an upgrade though.

At the very least, competition with Ryzen 9 might force some lower Ryzen pricing.

Afaik, it doesn't do AVX512 unlike Rocket Lake so all the leaks and such are based on AVX256

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16881/a-deep-dive-into-intels-alder-lake-microarchitectures/5

It will be interesting to see how it performs though. I suspect the Big Cores should be faster than Ryzen by 10-15% while the small cores will be noticeably slower. As always, we need to wait and see the reviews.

Some CPU's would take two 128-bit or 256-bit SIMD units to perform single 256bit or 512bit SIMD instruction... Would be odd for Intel to regress AVX? Then again... I believe it to be a waste for general consumer use, so it would be a benefit rather than a loss in my eyes.

Yeah. Reviews need to happen.

Captain_Yuri said:

Far Cry 6 suffers from major CPU single-threaded issues

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/far-cry-6-suffers-from-major-cpu-single-threaded-issues/

Ubishat does it again

They benchmarked on a 3930K, which averaged 40% total CPU use.

Now the 3930K was a good 40-60% slower than the Ryzen 3600 in overall performance (Going by my own testing.).. The 3930K, whilst offering semi-decent multi-threaded performance even in 2021, has pretty shit single threaded performance... Only saving grace of those CPU's today is the fact they can universally overclock to 4.6Ghz or better.

We are moving into the era where you don't want a CPU that is much worst than a Ryzen 2600... Even Windows 11 might chuck a tanty on systems much older than that.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

hinch said:

Dear God, you weren't kidding.

That's Kendall Jenner Pepsi commercial bad.

"How do we sell Coke to kids? They like that Twitch thingy, right?"

hinch said:

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Battlefield 2042 beta release today. Get on it bois! 20GB+ though for those with internet caps.