By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Yea i liked the old Ass Creeds. Not the best gameplay but fun worlds and nice 10-20 campaigns. I can't be bothered to play the new ones and use 24 gigs of vram to play boring games. The Odyssey seemed interesting but too much bloat and grinding.

Ubisoft makes their games look so interesting when they reveal them at E3. Then it is downhill from there. Look at the new Watch Dogs. Came and gone.

Around the Network
Chazore said:

I feel like I'm the odd one here. I actually preferred Creed being more like Creed 1-2, where you were basically sneaking around and climbing a lot. Getting info from certain targets and tracking them down felt fun to me vs what we have today, where it's mostly just open combat, and CPU heavy cities, where the Ai mostly don't do much (not like old Creed AI was much, but still). I more or less gave up after Origins, mostly because the series to me stopped being about what the first 2 games were, and the change in style of play also put me off as well (that and their PC ports with forced DRM and console parity just put me right off these days).

I agree it's too combat-heavy these days, but overall things are just much better. Let's put it this way: If the series shifted its focus back to assassinations and stealth (along with other necessary tweaks), I don't currently see myself having that many complaints. Too bad the series doesn't live up to its name all that well anymore, but for what it is, it's actually quite good now. And besides, it's not all combat either: Last night in Valhalla, I actually got an assassionation where no one spotted me before I got the target. (After the kill, it was either 'kill everyone' or 'run' though, because the target was surrounded by soldiers.) Getting a bit off-topic for PC gaming though, so I'll just end with the remark that it seems to be a really versatile series because different people are enjoying different aspects of it, and equivalently it's also hard to please everyone equally at the same time.

For me it was always about exploring than combat. I really enjoy the stealth aspects and they were the things that made the game enjoyable while exploring, never cared for the combat at all. I remember just running around on the rooftops in AC1 for hours doing nothing but running, climbing and watching NPCs. It was such an innovation of total freedom never seen before. For me the series was dead once they abandoned Desmond. I only played AC3 to find out what happened and it's to this day by far the worst game in the series, partly because the American civil war is one of the most boring backdrops they could've chosen.

I enjoyed AC4 and Rogue for the Caribbean setting and some great stealth missions. The ship combat also was pretty great and novel at the time. I did not care for England and France so I skipped those. I played ACO for the Egyptian setting and it was pretty cool, though I got burned out about two thirds in because of so many side missions. I ddin't even attampt the greek one because ACO pretty much already covered that.

Initially wanted to play Valhalla to see their take on Vikings but ultimately skipped it because of the focus on large battles and their much too romanticized portrayal of Vikings. Right now I'm just waiting for them to do the eventual Japan setting which I'm probably gonna love. Though I expect they're gonna also focus a lot on large scale battles on that one, rather than the obvious stealth angle.

For me the spirit of AC lives on in Far Cry, which adopted all of the tropes including the stealth. It has much more fun characters and the action focus makes a lot more sense too.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JEMC said:

So, I'm thinking of giving the new Assassin's Creed games a try, starting with Origins (of course), and I'm wondering, are the two story DLCs worth the 6 € of difference between the standard edition (11.99 €) and the gold editon (17.99 €)?

Just forget about the DLCs. The game is too big anyways, unless you plan to rush through it without doing side quests.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Coincidentally, I found this on 9gag

https://9gag.com/gag/amPNNN9

So true!

vivster said:
JEMC said:

So, I'm thinking of giving the new Assassin's Creed games a try, starting with Origins (of course), and I'm wondering, are the two story DLCs worth the 6 € of difference between the standard edition (11.99 €) and the gold editon (17.99 €)?

Just forget about the DLCs. The game is too big anyways, unless you plan to rush through it without doing side quests.

The only game I've ever rushed through it that I remember was... AC3. Gof, it was so ugly and empty compared to the beautiful italian cities, and the characters were all so boring, with the only exception being the mentor, and he was barely used.

Anyway, even then I did quite a few of the side missions, so I won't really mind more content as long as it's worth it.

And, by the way, I also liked the freedom and stealth nature of the first games. It made a lot more sense given that we were part of the resistance.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Ordered all of the parts and they should be here by next weekend. That means I should be able to build it and then just plop my old GPU in it and hopefully have a slightly better experience until god descends upon us and grants us the privilege to buy a GPU.

*** NEW CONTEST ***

HEXUS EPIC Giveaway Day 20: Win a TerraMaster DAS or NAS https://hexus.net/tech/features/network/147115-day-20-win-terramaster-das-nas/

The prizes are:

1st prize: a TD2 Thunderbolt 3 Plus dual-bay DAS
2nd prize: a F4-210 four-bay NAS

This competition is limited to UK, Europe, USA and Canada.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

*** NEW CONTEST ***

HEXUS EPIC Giveaway Day 20: Win a TerraMaster DAS or NAS https://hexus.net/tech/features/network/147115-day-20-win-terramaster-das-nas/

The prizes are:

1st prize: a TD2 Thunderbolt 3 Plus dual-bay DAS
2nd prize: a F4-210 four-bay NAS

This competition is limited to UK, Europe, USA and Canada.

2nd price would actually be better for me than the first one. I don't need that extra speed and have no thunderbolt, but 4 bays come in handy.

Yep. I agree that the second prize seems better than the first one.

https://geizhals.de/?cat=WL-1513185

Final list of all components for my new entertainment setup. It's not perfect.

- Ideally will house a 3080ti
- The watercooling is nothing more than an experiment, I'm not sold on the concept
- The PSU is terribly oversized but I didn't really have much of a choice there
- AMD might suck because AMD
- Storage should be sufficiently fast
- TV is great
- Mouse and Keyboard are great

This setup is supposed to last at least 4 years, minus the GPU of course.