By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

It wasn't against you, really. It happens every now and then with others as well.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

^Sometimes I wonder why I bother making the news...

I wonder that every day. It's a nice effort but I always find myself just scrolling past your wall of text and then skip to the easily digestible snippets the others are posting. It's just way too much effort trying to parse a giant post that may or may not have 1 or 2 mildly interesting posts in it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

New Philips OLED and LCD TVs to come with Bowers & Wilkins audio technology during extended partnership

https://www.notebookcheck.net/New-Philips-OLED-and-LCD-TVs-to-come-with-Bowers-Wilkins-audio-technology-during-extended-partnership.481623.0.html

Oled is getting more and more popular with TVs as more manufacturers start picking up the technology. Meanwhile in PC monitor space:

And here's why: https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/oled.htm

To me it's still weird cause you can buy a number of laptops with 15 inch OLED displays.

So you have phones where the display is small but Oled is fine. You have tablets where Oled is fine. You have laptops that are 15 inches where Oled is fine, you have TVs which are large where Oled is fine. Your telling me that for some reason, the desktop monitor size is one spot where they are having issues doing it? Heck I don't even want 4k Oled panels, give us 1440p HDR panels if that gives better yields... It just seems urghh.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Urghh you just know at somepoint the ssd companies gonna do their shitty price fixing nonsense again due to all the high demand. I m probably gonna try and get 2 TB 980 evo's as soon ad they are on sale.

Nah...

Spoiler!

They'll use QLC cells instead to make the drives cheaper to produce

I thought Evos used TLC, Pros used MLC and Qvos used QLC?

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 18 July 2020

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

vivster said:
JEMC said:

^Sometimes I wonder why I bother making the news...

I wonder that every day. It's a nice effort but I always find myself just scrolling past your wall of text and then skip to the easily digestible snippets the others are posting. It's just way too much effort trying to parse a giant post that may or may not have 1 or 2 mildly interesting posts in it.

Leaving your usual sarcasm aside, and that the news aren't only for you and thus the news should be of use for everyone, what would you do to improve the design of the news? Put only the headline and link? Because givem hpw the news after the PC Gaming show went, it would be boring as fuck.

Last edited by JEMC - on 18 July 2020

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Nah...

Spoiler!

They'll use QLC cells instead to make the drives cheaper to produce

Yeah, and I thought WD Red weren't shingled...

What you posted is true today, but will that still be true in the future?

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 18 July 2020

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yeah, and I thought WD Red weren't shingled...

What you posted is true today, but will that still be true in the future?

That's true and it could always happen for really anything but until that becomes a reality, I'll take their word for it cause otherwise what else we supposed to do? Not buy anything?

JEMC said:
vivster said:

Leaving your usual sarcasm aside, and that the news aren't only for you and thus the news should be of use for everyone, what would you do to improve the design of the news? Put only the headline and link? Because givem hpw the news after the PC Gaming show went, it would be boring as fuck.

Leaving out the description actually would improve it. If I haven' t been hooked by the headline the rest of the text is just random noise and if I'm really interested I'm gonna go to the article straight away anyway. That said, pictures would help greatly to break up the monotony of just text and would be an easy way to catch the eye of anyone scrolling through. That is exactly what news blogs do to actually make people interested and help them to parse the ridiculous number of news.

But that basically brings me to the main issue. News blogs already exist and do a better job at what they're doing. I would figure that anyone who really wants to be confronted with 30 news stories a day would already go to said websites. As it is now it's just copy and paste of content that I could get elsewhere where it is way better presented due to having a dedicated website for it.

This is a forum, though. What would actually make me interested in the things you post is if you just handpicked a few articles and gave us your opinion on it because you're actually interested in those topics. That's how discussions start. When I see anyone else posting news articles there is an instant dialogue there because I already know that the person who posts it is very much interested in it and can be talked to about it and maybe even give some more insight on it. Or to say it with your own words: having someone just pasting random news articles without giving any insight or opinion is "boring as fuck" to begin with.

I really do not want to shit on what you're doing, I've seen you struggle with keeping up and complaining that it's a lot to do and it really is. That's why I'm trying to get you to do less of it and have instead more time time to do other fun stuff, like discussing news or making a sandwich. If you want to continue with it more power to you, just thought I'd give you my two cents and speak out loud what others may be thinking as well.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

truth be told im to lazy to visit other pc websites so i like having atleast some other news here, i mean scrolling past a post is barely a second a day vs visiting 5 to 10 other sites taking up 10-20 mins. But if @JEMC feels its a burden of posting everything, i like vivs suggestion of only posting things you are invested in yourself.

on general im moot on it either way

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

If it takes a lot of effort, I'd certainly shorten it. I do generally skim through what JEMC posts but if takes a lot of effort, only putting the titles and links might be the best way to go.