By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

The rumored closks of Ampere aren't too bad. Given that the 2080Ti had lower clocks than the 1080Ti this looks promising.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Goddammit can we see it already?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JUST FUCKING SHOW US ALREADY NVIDIA

ENOUGH WITH THE COCKTEASE 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Captain_Yuri said:
Pemalite said:

Your profile says you are 73. How much older are you expecting to get?

Most people don't take me for a geek in real life either being a Gym Junkie.

Lol I am much younger than that irl. I am actually 28. The age thing was a joke that I used to do before I left where every year, I reset it back to 69. Back in the days where my name was Jizz Beard the Pirate.

I do need to clean up my profile in general but alas, so lazy, specially with the whole, working from home thing.

you cant change it these days

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Lol I am much younger than that irl. I am actually 28. The age thing was a joke that I used to do before I left where every year, I reset it back to 69. Back in the days where my name was Jizz Beard the Pirate.

I do need to clean up my profile in general but alas, so lazy, specially with the whole, working from home thing.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
kirby007 said:

nah its great another reason to be lazy :)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

So there's a neat mod that further tweaks the LoD's, shadow distance and pop-ins in MGSV, and considering how I've never played the game, now might be a good time for me:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/metal-gear-solid-5-beyond-ultra-settings-mod-released-improves-lod-shadows-reduces-pop-ins/

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

^Sometimes I wonder why I bother making the news...

Anyway, here's some food for thought article:

Game File Sizes May Skyrocket with Unreal Engine 5’s Nanite, Says Developer

https://wccftech.com/game-file-sizes-may-skyrocket-with-unreal-engine-5s-nanite-says-developer/

It looks absolutely fantastic. Especially the Nanite system for a start, I had to scoop my jaw up off the floor after that. It takes a lot of the headache out of asset creation, but at the same time, it starts to raise more concerns. And one of the examples is Call of Duty Warzone at the minute, as people are harassing Activision over the size of Call of Duty Warzone. And I think when we've got technologies now in the Unreal Engine 5 that allow us to use the original source meshes, with the original source textures and everything like that, the game file sizes are going to have to skyrocket which presents a unique set of challenges.

We've heard and had many debates over game sizes and if they could go down in size thanks to SSDs making redundant data unnecessary, but could the higher quality of textures and assets offset that and make games actually bigger?

Also, and just to put this "says developer" in perspective. It comes from a developer of a studio that opened this January and, so far, has created or shown nothing, so maybe his comments are worth taking with a pinch of salt.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I shudder to think at the file size of the next Final Fantasy. 300GB+ install, anyone?

Install sizes don't bother me. I just buy bigger storage. Haha

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--