By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your "Screw this game!" moments

Angelus said:

Dark Souls.
NG+ Four Kings

Ya........I think everybody who's done this knows what I'm talking about. I died so many times that I really just wanted to throw my controler through the damn TV. It was just so maddening to me, because this was a boss that I breezed through during the first play through, and didn't expect to have a hard time with at all on NG+. Suffice it to say, I was wrong.

Invoke the Witch, go slash happy on the first King, constantly recharging your stamina. Rest should be pretty damn easy.

But yeah, at first this boss was insane in NG+. Almost trumped the duo bosses in difficulty.

Around the Network

Mass Effect 2 insanity mode collectors ship.

When I first picked up Demon's Souls, was hyped as hell for it, looked awesome, liked the idea of the brutality of it, JRPG. Thought it was a good idea to pick the balanced character with the club and a crappy wooden board for a shield thinking it would allow me to best figure out what style I wanted to play (having heard that the lvlin system allowed that flexibility) spent the best part of 3 hours dieing on the bridge and going towards the two knights guarding the first fog gate, holy crap wanted to cry.

Old King Allant when first facing him.

In Darksouls the mutherfucking archers, holy crow, must have spent 5 hours trying to get past them untill I did, then about 2 hours later when I hit Fat boy and Slim T. T. Ng 4 kings and NG++ going (this is most recent) through Anor Londo with about 90mill souls dieing, and dieing again before I could get to them :'(

On Crushing mode in Uncharted 3, when Drake is tripping and there's the two inline rectangle waterfountains and you'r fighting the fire demon guys, holy crap.

Two words:

*Dash Circuit*

Any of the "where do I go next" games. Some games were just unbeatable or could never be completed without a guide and those games I hate. I hate using guides and only refer to them when I finish a game to make sure I didn't miss some part of the game or something optional. Nes games and rpg's do this to me. Deadly Towers was like that, and old Atari games like Raiders of the Lost Ark are just impossible without hints at least.

Around the Network

Dead Space 3 on the hardest difficulty, solo, first playthrough. god the game made me hate it so much that i stopped playing it for a couple months. the only reason i decided to go back and beat it is because my cousin beat it.

It's a good game overall, but still... god just thinking about how hard some parts were makes me never want to play it again. And this is coming from someone who beat the first two games more than three times a piece on the hardest difficulty.

Super Meat Boy while using a keyboard. I have no problem playing the game with a controller, played it on the 360 at a friends getting through the first two light and dark world chapters like nothing. Using a keyboard though? You will rage because the keyboard just seems to not want to respond to multiple quick actions, and many times you will be damn sure you hit the jump button as you landed on the wall but according to the pc it didn't.

I hate keyboard gaming.  *edit*  Unless the game is specifically designed for it.

Emerald Weapon in FF7. Though I only tried a couple times, but each attempt was time consuming and ended in failure. I decided to give it one last attempt and thought I'd created the perfect strategy, then that cat guy rolls his dice and kills him before the fight even begins. I was both ecstatic and bummed at the same time.

Sentinel Cable Captain Commando spam in turbo 2 in MvC2.

I don't mind anyone spamming, but, that damn sentinel spam with Commando Assist is annoying as hell to deal with.

Then, getting hit by multiple hyper viper beams in the same combo makes it worse. A few times, the other guy gets happy birthdays that leaves me with 1 character against 3. I'll play it through to not lose the match as badly as I would otherwise.

Giving up would make me an even worse player at the end of the day, so, I always stick to it til the end.

Wind Waker; fucking Tingle demanding a gazillion rupees for the charts. Go to hell you creepy little pedophile.